Baker and Banda having a circle jerk on Twitter

Anyone disagree?

GT, FIU, Duke, La Tech losses were on the offense
UF loss was on Baxa, Jarren, Campbell, Thomas muffed punt, poor tackling on Toney TD
VT and UNC losses were on the defense and Baxa
30 missed tackles vs ga tech
2 4th quarter tds allowed by the defense in each of fiu and duke games. Those are very much on the defense. La tech loss not on them like that

Advertisement
Anyone disagree?

UF loss was on Baxa, Jarren, Campbell, Thomas muffed punt, poor tackling on Toney TD

Was the VT loss on the defense? Red zone defense was pathetic for sure. But our offense in the 1st half went:

INT -- Give VT the ball on our 48
INT -- Give VT the ball on their 20
INT -- Give VT the ball on our 23
FUMBLE -- Give VT the ball on our 20
PUNT -- 3 and out, give VT the ball on their 20
INT -- Give VT the ball on their 1
TD -- Hail Mary to end the half

Can you really put that game on a defense? Yeah, they should've been better in the red zone. And again, they coughed up a tie/lead late like they did a few times. But it's a 60 minute game. You can't just ignore literally half of it when your offense had its first 6 possessions, at home, scored 0 points and turned it over 5 times.

I don't think the defense was really responsible for a single loss. I was probably most disappointed with the FIU game, simply because Miami's defense should've totally dominated them, but overall the numbers were not bad again we went an ENTIRE HALF and scored 0 points. That's just inexcusable.

Emojifraim Banda is a goofball.

And for all the guys looking at this statistical stuff in the dopey vacuum of “if we scored 30 points per game we’d be 12-0,” it doesn’t work that way. A big part of why we kept scores low was our glacial pace. Put a real offense out there that moves with tempo, and the opponent will also run more plays and score more points.

Our D, while clearly not as feeble as our O, was a paper tiger. I have a feeling our O is going to be a lot of fun this year. Let’s see if the defense continues to put up the same stats.

Advertisement

And for all the guys looking at this statistical stuff in the dopey vacuum of “if we scored 30 points per game we’d be 12-0,” it doesn’t work that way. A big part of why we kept scores low was our glacial pace. Put a real offense out there that moves with tempo, and the opponent will also run more plays and score more points.

Our D, while clearly not as feeble as our O, was a paper tiger. I have a feeling our O is going to be a lot of fun this year. Let’s see if the defense continues to put up the same stats.
What’s his name? 😂

"we kept scores low was our glacial pace" LOL. Perfect description. It did seem like that all year. Funny post but even sadder it's true.

Advertisement

I've been saying this for years.

Anyone disagree?

Minus 5 turnovers lost the Virginia Tech game. When Baxa missed that extra point, you could feel the energy come out of Hard Rock.

Advertisement
I've been saying this for years.
It wasn't actually true in 2018. We were solid that year. Being a "paper tiger" has been closer to the truth in the other years. The irony of "men lie, women lie, numbers don't lie" is numbers lie like crazy when you're selective with the data. When you see total yards and other "total" stats on a list, you should automatically be skeptical. Without 3rd down % and a couple other key metrics - like stats adjusted for pace and opponents - our numbers are shakier in 2019.

Numbers look good but defense cost us a few games.

4th and 17 @UNC
Giving up 3 TDS on same play against VT

Offense and special teams played the major role in this debacle though.

Advertisement
Anyone disagree?

GT loss was on everyone. special teams leading the way. Playing Ragone when Pinckney went out. Offense was awful too.
FIU, Duke, LaTech on the Offense
VT was on Offense for playing Jarren w bum shoulder. Then on defense as well at end.
UNC on defense
UF was on special teams mostly. Muffed punt and missed chip shot.

WORD!

Our defense is decent. Is it great? nope. Is it good? Sometimes. Is it bad like No’D? Nope

Our D could be great though and we’ve had some flashes with GR15 (when he’s not on the bench or covering the flats... SMFH!). Recruiting some CBs and not having to rely on Knowles as a safety are a couple that come to mind quick. These two fools need to stop jerking each other off and eat some humble pie. Loving yourself for being average... Jesus!

Advertisement
Back