Baker and Banda having a circle jerk on Twitter

Advertisement
What are the numbers when the Sun is in Aquarius and the Moon is in Sagittarius and not making any aspects? (You CIS guys - "aspects" has nothing to do with your backside) I think.

Would King complete more over the middle if we played "Bad Moon Rising" over the loudspeakers as our offense takes the field?

Advertisement
Incorrect.

Against P5 competition, Miami gave up 5.05 YPP, 23.0 PPG, and 38.9% 3rd down conversions.

Vs G5 competition, they gave up 4.30 YPP ,18.7 PPG and 37.5% 3rd down conversions.
Seemed like it would be worse, all I can Remember is the performances vs fiu and duke and then vs central Michigan which could have been much worse if their receivers actually caught the ball in that game

I don't understand how these guys tweet anything when Miami went to 6-7 losing 5 of those 7 to inferior teams!!! This is embarrassing and lame. Must be part of their recruiting efforts or something.

Agree, in a perfect world they wouldn't be tweeting anything but you need to continue to recruit good players.

And if anyone's allowed to tweet anything, even if none of them should be, it's the defense. At least they weren't a complete embarrassment in every single sense.

Dead middle in the FBS was 28.0 PPG. That puts you 65th in the country, which is the exact definition of average.

If Miami scored 28 points in every game, they'd have been 11-2.

I say this probably every other day on this site, but the defense is not the problem. Is it a well-oiled machine who shuts down every offense it sees? Of course not. Can it be improved? Should it be better? Yes and yes.

But just a LITERAL average offense gives this program a 10 win floor. Think about that. Just be the absolute definition of average on offense, and combined with your defense, you'll win 10 games with your eyes closed. What does that tell you? Enough about the defense. Go be average on offense, or -- God forbid -- ABOVE average (gasp!!) and see how many complaints you have about the defense. We can talk about them over a beer in Charlotte.
This! A little help from the O and the D could be even better.

Advertisement
The tallest midgets.

Imagine us having some real defensive coaches.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Somewhere around 7th grade my daughter figured out that when they give you a test at the beginning of the year, they're going to give you a similar test at the end and measure your improvement. Subsequently, she would sandbag the test at the beginning with a C level score and then ace the final, showing a huge improvement as well as a great final grade. That way, if she did have an off quiz or two between, the teacher wouldn't be critical because they didn't expect too much.

Maybe they should bring her in as a consultant to teach a lesson about managing expectations.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back