Baker and Banda having a circle jerk on Twitter

Advertisement
Also, minus 8 in turnover margin and playing on a short field. Two Georgia Tech touchdowns had nothing to do with the defense. So even as poorly as the defense tackled against Georgia Tech, Miami wins if we can kick a couple of short field goals.

The problem was clearly offensive inepitude and placekicking.

As in almost every situation, both in life and in football, you can't say "THE" problem. There is almost always gray area. The defense absolutely had its deficiencies, no doubt about it. They were nowhere near perfect, and nowhere near good enough to where we shouldn't talk about how we can improve.

But the offensive ineptitude and placekicking problems you mentioned were MILES worse than any defensive issues. For every thread on the defense there should be 20 on the offense and placekicking.

Advertisement
I'm convinced that people just make **** up on this site without actually checking, just out of dislike for coaches. Miami was #42 in the 3rd down conversion and #73 (not good) on 4th down conversion. These dudes deserve a ton of criticism for things but y'all legit make stuff up.
Bull$hit!! It’s been widely documented at the end of the season before Enos was even fired that miami finished dead last in 4th down conversion 130/130. So where ever you found that info it’s wrong. They also finished in the 50s in 3rd down which like I said is at the bottom of the power five.

I'm convinced that people just make **** up on this site without actually checking, just out of dislike for coaches. Miami was #42 in the 3rd down conversion and #73 (not good) on 4th down conversion. These dudes deserve a ton of criticism for things but y'all legit make stuff up.

You gotta understand, that guy is one of the more impressive posters around here in terms of the crying to IQ ratio. It's all whimpers, lip quivers, and tears and very, VERY little intelligence.

If that lockdown defense had to play any team in the BIG 12 plus Clemson, LSU, Bama, Auburn, or Ohio State **** even Minnesota, Indiana, USF, Cincinnati, and Memphis they would give up 50 points a game.

Advertisement
Yea and it dropped to 51 vs just power 5
It’s not just looking at power 5 but specifically with the teams.

GT literally had to redo their offense. UNC won only a couple of games the previous season and started a true freshman QB.

How many game changing plays did the defense make? That’s the problem with this staff with the useless chest beating for team that won 6 games. That’s what got Manny in trouble this season because of all that hype in the off season.

Just STFU and work.

Also, minus 8 in turnover margin and playing on a short field. Two Georgia Tech touchdowns had nothing to do with the defense. So even as poorly as the defense tackled against Georgia Tech, Miami wins if we can kick a couple of short field goals.

The problem was clearly offensive inepitude and placekicking.

Another great point. Miami went to OT against GT.....for sure, should NEVER be in that situation, no doubt. But they were, and the reason was, because both teams had scored the same amount of points after 60 minutes of football. Not only did our offense not score in the 2nd half, not a single point, but the reason GT had 21 instead of 19 is because the offense GAVE them 2 points on a safety when our QB didn't recognize a blitz. Poor offense not only led to points, it literally gave the opposition points. And those 2 allowed the game to go into overtime.

(We won't talk about the missed 25 yard FG to end it in regulation either)

Advertisement
Our D was great ( minus GT ) so they should . Our D will be great again next season. And I think with LB who can cover people it might even be better . We will have the best player in all college in terms of defense at one DE and an elite one ( Roche) at the other. If our O is what i think it will be this team is going to **** good .

Another great point. Miami went to OT against GT.....for sure, should NEVER be in that situation, no doubt. But they were, and the reason was, because both teams had scored the same amount of points after 60 minutes of football. Not only did our offense not score in the 2nd half, not a single point, but the reason GT had 21 instead of 19 is because the offense GAVE them 2 points on a safety when our QB didn't recognize a blitz. Poor offense not only led to points, it literally gave the opposition points. And those 2 allowed the game to go into overtime.

(We won't talk about the missed 25 yard FG to end it in regulation either)

It was even worse than that - GT got 7 from Perry's fumble, and another 7 from a fake punt

Advertisement
Are we expecting improvement or a step back on defense?

Slow down. That's a rational question that may prompt intelligent dialogue. That's the last thing we need around here.

I don't see how you can ever expect a step back. I certainly expect improvement. What are we losing? Leadership in the middle of the field for sure with Shaq, Pinck, and Romeo. Bethel's experience. Our best cover corner. Certainly some holes to fill, but, for better or worse, it's the same staff so there should be no schematic growing pains. The kids should know Baker even better than last year. Rousseau will be even better. Roche will be a terror. The DTs have a lot of promise and what looks to be solid depth. We'll be far more athletic at LB, albeit less experienced. Bubba really looked to be a player last year before the injury and should be better. Blades had a very good year. Ivey looked like he gained some confidence late. More experienced now with Hall and Carter in the back end. I certainly don't expect a step back. I think the defense should be, at worst, as good as 2019 was. The DL overall should be really nasty. And I'm telling you guys, Avery Huff is going to be an absolute superstar by midseason. McCloud coming back to provide some continuity should be very big as well. A step back would be really disappointing.

Anyone disagree?

GT, FIU, Duke, La Tech losses were on the offense
UF loss was on Baxa, Jarren, Campbell, Thomas muffed punt, poor tackling on Toney TD
VT and UNC losses were on the defense and Baxa

It was even worse than that - GT got 7 from Perry's fumble, and another 7 from a fake punt

Wow you are right, I'm a moron. It was a fumble for a TD, not a safety. I was thinking the Central Michigan game. Can't believe I had that wrong, you're 100% correct. The defense gave up 7 points in an entire football game and we lost at home, but yeah let's skewer the defensive coordinator for trying to pump up some numbers to get better football players in here LOL. Incredible.

Advertisement
Back