Baker and Banda having a circle jerk on Twitter

Oh hey look at the faqquit mope squad out today in force over a couple of tweets. Funny most of you were nowhere to be found yesterday, imagine that.

Talked about being triggered. You all must live some pathetic lives to cry like little hoes over something so stupid. Continue on crying like little hoes over twitter

Did we win any games yesterday?

So how about the coaches shut up until the Ws start to flow.

Manny shot off his mouth in every pre-game THAT WE LOST. At least Manny has remained quiet for the last few weeks.

I will start to trust Manny when we win 10 games in a row. Until then, I don't want to hear boasts based on questionable stats.

Advertisement
And I believe he missed another chip shot earlier in the game. Followed by another chip shot miss by McLovin.

Absolutely.

The point is not to hang the culprit from the gallows, the point is to assess which group or individuals underperformed.

And against GaTech, we had MULTIPLE kickers who, literally, cost us the points that could have won the game. BUT ALSO, our offense sucked. And, BUT ALSO, our defense missed tackles all over the field.

So, for practical purposes, the GaTech game was lost by our offense, defense, AND special teams.

But Banda is out there spitting stats.

Oh hey look at the faqquit mope squad out today in force over a couple of tweets. Funny most of you were nowhere to be found yesterday, imagine that.

Talked about being triggered. You all must live some pathetic lives to cry like little hoes over something so stupid. Continue on crying like little hoes over twitter

they get so triggered by tweets. either block the coaches so you dont see them or just go on bout ur life. the D wasnt as good as the previous years but it was still good enough to win more than 6 games. a brand new secondary is going to have some growing pains. it sucked that bolden went out bc when he came in our pass D improved. any D is going to give up when the O cant move the ball even an inch.

Absolutely.

The point is not to hang the culprit from the gallows, the point is to assess which group or individuals underperformed.

And against GaTech, we had MULTIPLE kickers who, literally, cost us the points that could have won the game. BUT ALSO, our offense sucked. And, BUT ALSO, our defense missed tackles all over the field.

So, for practical purposes, the GaTech game was lost by our offense, defense, AND special teams.

they said GT was their worst performance from a tackling perspective theyve had since manny took over the D under richt.

Absolutely.

Because kids follow twitter and it is recruiting season. Would you feel better if they tweat how badly we sucked last year? I would suspect Roche is coming because we generate a lot of sacks and TFLs.

Advertisement
Did we win any games yesterday?

So how about the coaches shut up until the Ws start to flow.

Manny shot off his mouth in every pre-game THAT WE LOST. At least Manny has remained quiet for the last few weeks.

I will start to trust Manny when we win 10 games in a row. Until then, I don't want to hear boasts based on questionable stats.

lmao at i will trust manny when we win 10 gamrs in a row. we've done that once in the last decade plus and the fanbase still hated the coach that did that. there will always be something with manny or the next guy if the fanbase decides they hate him. manny has 1 year to prove himself. he made the changes we needed (stubs was some good luck) and got two more than capable guys to step right in and ensure that excuses will not be allowed this year. if not, manny is gone and were looking for a new caoch. id rather win than go through another coaching search

sorry comp or not it’s still facts.
but I wouldn’t be pounding my chest with our record and who we lost to.
real g’s move in silence.
You realize they can't do that, move in silence? They are literally trying to sell our school to the next 4 years of recruits. It's not a post for fans or for patting themselves on the back. It's marketing to the next set of recruits. I sometimes wonder about the iq on this board.

Because kids follow twitter and it is recruiting season. Would you feel better if they tweat how badly we sucked last year? I would suspect Roche is coming because we generate a lot of sacks and TFLs.

this. it isnt hard. social media will be part of the recruiting process as it becomes even more popular. even tho rev lee gets hated on, he is right about that part regarding social media. its smart to use it to your advantage. the issue is not following it up on the field.

You realize they can't do that, move in silence? They are literally trying to sell our school to the next 4 years of recruits. It's not a post for fans or for patting themselves on the back. It's marketing to the next set of recruits. I sometimes wonder about the iq on this board.

theyre morons. they dont realize that coaches HAVE to sell the program regardless of record. the record will ensure we have a chance at landing guys, but the coaches need to do w.e. it takes to sell the program in the offseason. its why the graphic design guy (the one that does all the edits for UM) ended up getting a story in the papers about his journey. its why billion bus or w.e. got big. social media is a necessity and everything that goes with it (edits, etc).

Advertisement
Why can’t they win first before tweeting like this

How have they not learned that tweeting stuff like this coming off a horrible season is not going to get the reaction they want. No matter how good the last couple of weeks have gone

Why can’t they win first before tweeting like this

How have they not learned that tweeting stuff like this coming off a horrible season is not going to get the reaction they want. No matter how good the last couple of weeks have gone

Again, you are looking at this from a fan perspective. So be silent during recruiting season?

The issue is not "unrealistic expectations".

The issue is Banda tweeting a bunch of boasts that are not as impressive when you analyze the specific games.

We gave up a bunch of points (not to mention third and fourth down conversions) to bad teams.

I would let Banda (or any of our coaches) brag about beating UVa if we had beaten UNC, GaTech, FIU, Duke, and LaTech.

Again, consider the origin of this thread, and stop generalizing it to "bad UM fans having unrealistic expectations and making poor criticisms".

Stick to "Banda brags about our great defense after we lost 7 games".

THAT is what UM fans are tired of hearing about.
You're tired of hearing some sort of positive output on something that he can directly control while trying to be a salesman to bring in new recruits? What do you want him to say? "Dang, we could have done better. Please come help me fix this because we weren't very good"?

We were FO's 25th ranked defense this past season (https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feidef/2019) out of 130 teams, and 26th according to ESPN's efficiencies (http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/sort/defEfficiency/tab/efficiency). All of this while our offense was dead last in 3rd down % who couldn't string a drive together to save their lives and continually gave other teams short fields because of turnovers.

Use your brain for just a minute here. What do you think that number climbs to if our offense actually gave them rest... OR... stay with me here... put up points early and often to force the other team into a one dimensional situation where we could pin our ears back and pad our stats like the rest of the top defenses get to? Top 15? Top 10? Are we really b*tching then?

Context matters and it's entirely within the realm of "unrealistic expectations". They're kids and kids get tired. You can't throw them out there and ask them to just continually shut everybody down while our offense putzes around because the guy who touches the ball every play is probably hungover.

The offense left the defense in a lot of bad situations. Period. Cherry picking a bad game or anything else is just foolish. The defense was not perfect, but it was sufficient. The offense was pure garbage every single game except Louisville.

Advertisement
Just to be devils advocate, the numbers may look better with a better offense.

I get some games were inexcusable, 28 missed tackles against GT, the unc 4th down, but as a whole they were solid enough to win the coastal.

lmao at i will trust manny when we win 10 gamrs in a row. we've done that once in the last decade plus and the fanbase still hated the coach that did that. there will always be something with manny or the next guy if the fanbase decides they hate him. manny has 1 year to prove himself. he made the changes we needed (stubs was some good luck) and got two more than capable guys to step right in and ensure that excuses will not be allowed this year. if not, manny is gone and were looking for a new caoch. id rather win than go through another coaching search

This is the first spring game I plan on attending in 15 years. Diaz is on the clock. We know it. He knows it. We shall see but I am looking forward to this spring game because of Lashlee and a kid who can run what he wants to do. King is a legit 4.4 kid and he is electric.

Advertisement
Do you know how easy it is to negatively recruit that post. If the low IQ members, meaning me, as you cleverly stated can figure it out I’m sure some 16 and 17-year-olds and opposing coaches can figure it out as well. There opening themselves up for twitter humor and as irs been pointed out before that social media is pretty important to the new generation.
Yes it’s facts. But present your case to the recruit. If you want to set yourself up for the next four years in recruiting you do it on the field. As far as moving in silence I meant keep your mouth shut not necessarily go around the nation acting like your a **** Al-Qaeda cell.

Advertisement
Back