Bain = Real ‘G’

N.M.B. Cane

The U part 3
Premium
IMG_2729.jpeg

This is what a Real G does when they get $. Got so much respect for this grown man move. Class act. Dying breed. My favorite hurriCANE BAIN 🙌🙌

Advertisement
hurts my sould to see a young man spend that much money on a fast-depreciating asset

but he's young and he's doing it for his mama, so good for him

glad these kids get a share nowadays
My old man soul agrees

But he earned it

I said as much in many other threads but it’s the most impressive freshman season I’ve ever seen here. Given what he was asked to do at such a young age, and with injuries all around him, his snap count etc

Advertisement
My old man soul agrees

But he earned it

I said as much in many other threads but it’s the most impressive freshman season I’ve ever seen here. Given what he was asked to do at such a young age, and with injuries all around him, his snap count etc
You rarely see a DLineman come in a smack the **** out of OLineman the old school way. You usually see those finesse guys not mixing it up, they just running by people. This dudes a throwback player

Advertisement
Hopefully most of his income is invested and we are just seeing a relatively small expenditure.
Probably fulfilling a promise or a goal. Most likely knows the difference between appreciating and depreciating assets. That kind of mindset is not by random chance. It’s from being surrounded by hard workers who truly love you, not some fake entourage with their hands out. I bet he will save and invest and more importantly take care of his family and as far as I know already gives back to the community. Bain is a stand-up guy. Understands the real values in life. Old school.

I'm happy for the young man, and I hope that he has legit people in his ear giving him sound advice. That said, I find it difficult to believe that anyone giving him sound advice would suggest purchasing his mother a brand new Escalade, especially if he didn't get it in trade for an NIL deal. Escalades, even a lower tier model runs about 100k right now and that's before taxes.

That said, hopefully he understands that his mom has been there all along, and isn't asking for anything. She wants to see him succeed and build a life for himself. He doesn't have to spend himself to bankruptcy to prove anything.

Advertisement
Miami from birth taking care of momma
bane GIF

I will say this, this "Take care of momma" culture has to end. Guess whose job is it to do that, OUR FATHERS. There's nothing wrong with doing something nice for your parents, especially when you have massive success, but in our community, we need to stop putting that pressure on our young men. Mama Bain likely didn't put that pressure and he's doing it all on his own, but that pressure is being placed on far too many guys, and that's one of the biggest reasons why so many athletes end up broke.

I will say this, this "Take care of momma" culture has to end. Guess whose job is it to do that, OUR FATHERS. There's nothing wrong with doing something nice for your parents, especially when you have massive success, but in our community, we need to stop putting that pressure on our young men. Mama Bain likely didn't put that pressure and he's doing it all on his own, but that pressure is being placed on far too many guys, and that's one of the biggest reasons why so many athletes end up broke.
You know his dad is also a Miami Hurricane and is probably even more proud of his son than I am. Smfh

Advertisement
He made it. He spend it how he wants

Yup, but the minute you drive it off the lot the depreciation is insane. Finding a one-year old model with low milage wouldn't be impossible.

All of us have our own money can spend it how we want, but there are still good financial decisions and bad ones.

You know his dad is also a Miami Hurricane and is probably even more proud of his son than I am. Smfh
Yes I do know, and I'm willing to bet that his father sat down with him and talked about long term planning. I was pointing out a phenomenon that is an issue, and while the Bains aren't that kind of family, we see this nonsense play out far more often than we should. Two things can be true at one time, one can be happy that a youngster was able to do something nice for his family, and the overall culture that makes it expected is wrong, and leads to some less than optimal outcomes.

Advertisement
Back