Bags aren't the problem

Even without bags. These schools have 5 to 10 times the support staff as Miami for recruiting and game planning.
As far as recruiting class- horrible offense, lazy recruiting, win loss record, and the normal short comings Miami has. Gets us what we got here.

Advertisement
Why when he was here, none of this was issue? Coaches always spoke highly of him, but moment he said **** this terrible offense and walked he became cancer that affected whole season? Offense?
Coaches are not likely to publicly trash players. Until they're ex-players, and then they will still try not to say too much.

Bags are real. I've spoken to people on both sides of the transaction. Tyrique Stevenson and others are getting paid. The SEC is cheating and barely hiding it.

But that's not Miami's problem. For the past decade, we've recruited at a Top 15 level. We've produced NFL players at a Top 5 level. And we've played at a Top 40 level.

Let's get some coaches, man. I'm tired of talking about hiring "ace recruiters" to "lock down" South Florida and give us an overwhelming talent edge. I've been guilty of it myself. But it's a waste of time.

Do we need players like Tyrique Stevenson and Jerry Jeudy to compete for championships? Yes. We aren't getting them and we won't be in the title discussion until we do. But how about stringing together two 10-win seasons? Is that too much to ask? How about producing an offense that isn't the second-worst in Power 5?

These kids are getting smarter. Manny Diaz compared it to Kevin Durant going to the Warriors. The elite players travel the country in 7on7s and national camps. Social media has improved the flow of information. Elite recruits know what teams are winning and getting the good players.

Last year, we had our first ten-win season in fifteen years. FIFTEEN YEARS. There are fathers and mothers who had never seen the Canes win double digits. Not coincidentally, we had a Top 10 class. Let's get the most out of guys like Mark Pope and Lorenzo Lingard. That will help our recruiting more than any bag.

Miami is like the dude who goes to the club looking like a scrub, and then complains that the models only hang out with the rich dudes. It may be true, but it has no impact on your situation. Let's get our house in order. We aren't losing to Virginia because Jerry Jeudy got paid.

I have a good idea.....let’s go hire some more Temple coaches. That’ll really show them we’re serious about winning.

Clarification: it’s not that I don’t recognize that it exists, it does, i fully acknowledge it. But, when kids like this don’t choose Miami … I get it. Miami was horrible this year; it’s not hard to sell against that.
As was proven today, it’s impossible to beat bags when your team also sucks. It’s a combo. But there’s no way he picks UbaGA without the emoluments. They aren’t even in the picture without bags because the bags got him there 297 times over the summer.

Advertisement
Do players get paid, yes --plenty of proof of that including us getting caught doing it. There is also evidence that coaches rape little boys (Penn State) and coaches ignore strong evidence of rape (Baylor). Do I think we missed out on our recruiting class because everyone is dropping bags? --nope. My point is, you can't go 7 and 6 and expect to pull elite talent.
Disagree. With bags, we could still pull elite talent.

thank you great post, come on now yall telling me if Miami doesnt win the coastal this year and go 11-2, 10-3 we donr get hasselwood, rique, bogle and couple other these *******, come on man we saw it last year. yes the bags come for the elite 5 stars but we lost 4 stars this year and it was cause of the **** show, get some ******* perpective this ***** sickening

No ****.
That's why Banda is a waste of space and we didn't NEED Hartley.
Get best teachers/schemers of the position.

Winning gets recruits. It should only take average recruiters to land the studs at Miami, but we have fallen off so much even the elite recruiters wouldn't be able to keep the top local kids home from bama
Dude, UGA doesn’t even have a DC right now and I bet you can tell me the DB coaches name without googling it. Banda can’t compete with momma getting house and fat job working for a booster.

Advertisement
Bags are real. I've spoken to people on both sides of the transaction. Tyrique Stevenson and others are getting paid. The SEC is cheating and barely hiding it.

But that's not Miami's problem. For the past decade, we've recruited at a Top 15 level. We've produced NFL players at a Top 5 level. And we've played at a Top 40 level.

Let's get some coaches, man. I'm tired of talking about hiring "ace recruiters" to "lock down" South Florida and give us an overwhelming talent edge. I've been guilty of it myself. But it's a waste of time.

Do we need players like Tyrique Stevenson and Jerry Jeudy to compete for championships? Yes. We aren't getting them and we won't be in the title discussion until we do. But how about stringing together two 10-win seasons? Is that too much to ask? How about producing an offense that isn't the second-worst in Power 5?

These kids are getting smarter. Manny Diaz compared it to Kevin Durant going to the Warriors. The elite players travel the country in 7on7s and national camps. Social media has improved the flow of information. Elite recruits know what teams are winning and getting the good players.

Last year, we had our first ten-win season in fifteen years. FIFTEEN YEARS. There are fathers and mothers who had never seen the Canes win double digits. Not coincidentally, we had a Top 10 class. Let's get the most out of guys like Mark Pope and Lorenzo Lingard. That will help our recruiting more than any bag.

Miami is like the dude who goes to the club looking like a scrub, and then complains that the models only hang out with the rich dudes. It may be true, but it has no impact on your situation. Let's get our house in order. We aren't losing to Virginia because Jerry Jeudy got paid.
Great Post!!
The U is the ONLY BRAND that when successful, can beat out a bag for a top recruit.

It’s not that Miami gets the Haselwood, Bogle and Rique’s, it’s that Miami used to get their “shadow” selves: the athletes a hair lesser than them. Right now the higher 4* and 5* aren’t serious about Miami … and Miami is missing on their “shadow” selves as well. So, no, I don’t think Miami gets Rique at 11-2. Bogle is like Campbell, he always believed he was too good for Miami; he only comes if Bama gets their primary (Oregon). Haselwood? I think he really liked Miami, but … he was looking for an out in his negotiations and 7-6 handed it to him.
Bogle will find out that he ain’t tough enough to make it at Bama. I fully expect that he will transfer within two years!

Will these schools ever get caught with the bags? Really ruins college football.

@DMoney I am going to ask a direct question. I am pretty sure you or someone has some sort of connection to the team. It pains me to ask this but do the people in charge actually think the program is a top 15 program? If they do, Houston, we have a problem. They have to think and act like an underdog and have an absolute walls are closing in on the Death Star menatality. If, big if, the university does not support them, then ***** them, we are against them as well. If they still think this football team is the 80’s and early 90’s version than this ship is going down.

Advertisement
Will these schools ever get caught with the bags? Really ruins college football.
Not on there own. NCAA will have to realize that their brand is being destroyed. Until it affects their bottom line they won’t do anything about it.

@DMoney I am going to ask a direct question. I am pretty sure you or someone has some sort of connection to the team. It pains me to ask this but do the people in charge actually think the program is a top 15 program? If they do, Houston, we have a problem. They have to think and act like an underdog and have an absolute walls are closing in on the Death Star menatality. If, big if, the university does not support them, then ***** them, we are against them as well. If they still think this football team is the 80’s and early 90’s version than this ship is going down.

I think they believe in Manny. For months, people inside have been telling me that Manny should be the coach. I’m talking about a diverse group of coaches, staff and players.

They believe he is smart and creative enough to get it done. Let’s see what happens.

Advertisement
I think they believe in Manny. For months, people inside have been telling me that Manny should be the coach. I’m talking about a diverse group of coaches, staff and players.

They believe he is smart and creative enough to get it done. Let’s see what happens.
I am glad they believe in him, I want to believe in him. Do they know, really know, that the fantasy of Miami is not currently in the building? I hope Manny has an absolute attitude problem and changes things. I just fear they think they are better than they are because of the past. Time will tell and as you stated, let’s see what happens. Just tired of missing on kids that were never coming.

There is such a thing as a “Miami kid”, where has that kid gone? Bandy is a “Miami kid”. Marvin Jones was all world back in the day, he went to FSU and Miami recruited kids who were not as good and wanted to decapitate him. Find them and tell Stephenson and Neal and Bogle and Campbell to go take a flying sh$t. OK, I’m done, world junior time.

Miami is 34-18 the last 4 years
And 26-13 the last 3 years
15 8-5
16 9-4
17 10-3
18 7-6
1 bad season and we are missing on everybody like this? It shouldn’t be THIS bad period.

I am glad they believe in him, I want to believe in him. Do they know, really know, that the fantasy of Miami is not currently in the building? I hope Manny has an absolute attitude problem and changes things. I just fear they think they are better than they are because of the past. Time will tell and as you stated, let’s see what happens. Just tired of missing on kids that were never coming.

Manny is not a guy who believes we can just line up and beat people with talent. That alone is an improvement.

Advertisement
Back