Bags aren't the problem

Advertisement
Heres the thing.... Manny hires a competent OC and we have someone who can play better than Rosier behind center and that's a start.

Show the recruits that Yes you fixed the defense 3 years ago and it continues to play at a high level and now your fixing the offense...

That will lead you to wins....No reason we couldn't win 10 games this year.

The best example is our 2008 recruiting class, #1 in the country. What did Shannon do with them?
I Agree, if we at least won the Coastal... played Clemson competitive... and won our bowl game convincingly we would have a much better recruiting class. Put yourselves in these kids shoes. Hopefully we get turn things around.

Advertisement
Miami is a mid tier program, period. Too much "internal" support for ppl that is their "guy." Coaches do not want to come here, recruits do not want to come here. Miami isn't ran like a business, it has it's own good ole boy system. That's why coaches like Rumph and Banda can remain on staff when they consistently miss. We hire coaches like Jess that have a green resume that can't get it done on the trail. Manny may decide to finally play the game, but as of now... this is what Miami is and it SUCKS.

Run like a ******* mom and pop shop where you hire your son to coach most important position in football with no prior experience. Or hire your College buddy to run defense and when the results ******* suck you hold that friendship above the organization that employs you and feeds your family because they are ******* clueless..

We care more then the Admin and BOT thats why it sucks. We dont even try

We haven’t embraced who we are as a fan base. I’m really not trying to be a mope but we are not playing the same game as these other schools. We are a middle of the road ACC team - much more like NCState or Pitt than Clemson or Bama. Sure we can win our division and even beat a contender once in a while but we are not in the same conversation as a top tier program.

Advertisement
We haven’t embraced who we are as a fan base. I’m really not trying to be a mope but we are not playing the same game as these other schools. We are a middle of the road ACC team - much more like NCState or Pitt than Clemson or Bama. Sure we can win our division and even beat a contender once in a while but we are not in the same conversation as a top tier program.

And if that’s the case why are we even here, fans of this program when the admin is doing just enough to get by. They not trying to do what it takes to be elite just enought to get by as I said. We got the facilities upgrade and they will rest on that for years but look around, bama upgrading already, uf got a 60 million dollar standalone facility coming and so does fsu.

And then with coaches, go out and spend top dollar and stop being so **** cheap. We need elite coaches on our staff.

Keep waiting around for Miami to comeback but unfortunately it feels like we don’t want to be back for whatever reason

Last edited:
We're irrelevant and until that changes we'll continue to lose these recruiting battles. Hope Diaz can push the reset button, but I'm more than concerned if his new OC is as underwhelming a hire as the Temple S/C coach.

We care more then the Admin and BOT thats why it sucks. We dont even try
Admin dont give a **** soo much, they said they were gonna do a national search for head coach, interviewed nobody then did the samething we did with Randy, hire guy with no experience down the hall to stop sinking ship

Advertisement
Bags aside, what is Miami’s recruiting budget compared to Bama, UGA, and Clemson? Bama funded a billboard(s) in Miami the week of the Bama-OU CFP game. How many scouts do those three programs have compare to Miami?

The Canes first have to win and generate excitement, but are they going to spend on the recruiting infrastructure and marketing to get The U brand out in front of recruits? Especially outside of SoFla?

Last edited:
Bags are real. I've spoken to people on both sides of the transaction. Tyrique Stevenson and others are getting paid. The SEC is cheating and barely hiding it.

But that's not Miami's problem. For the past decade, we've recruited at a Top 15 level. We've produced NFL players at a Top 5 level. And we've played at a Top 40 level.

Let's get some coaches, man. I'm tired of talking about hiring "ace recruiters" to "lock down" South Florida and give us an overwhelming talent edge. I've been guilty of it myself. But it's a waste of time.

Do we need players like Tyrique Stevenson and Jerry Jeudy to compete for championships? Yes. We aren't getting them and we won't be in the title discussion until we do. But how about stringing together two 10-win seasons? Is that too much to ask? How about producing an offense that isn't the second-worst in Power 5?

These kids are getting smarter. Manny Diaz compared it to Kevin Durant going to the Warriors. The elite players travel the country in 7on7s and national camps. Social media has improved the flow of information. Elite recruits know what teams are winning and getting the good players.

Last year, we had our first ten-win season in fifteen years. FIFTEEN YEARS. There are fathers and mothers who had never seen the Canes win double digits. Not coincidentally, we had a Top 10 class. Let's get the most out of guys like Mark Pope and Lorenzo Lingard. That will help our recruiting more than any bag.

Miami is like the dude who goes to the club looking like a scrub, and then complains that the models only hang out with the rich dudes. It may be true, but it has no impact on your situation. Let's get our house in order. We aren't losing to Virginia because Jerry Jeudy got paid.

The SEC and NCAA cabal decided after Miami resurgence under Butch Davis that buying SoFla players was the only way to prevent Miami from dominating CfB and the same scenario has played out for the last 15 years...

This has been happening since Patrick Johnson was bought after Miami made back to back national title games, so dont expect winning ten games every other year to change anything....

College football is an arms race and Miami doesnt have the money to compete, its why they should have hired Joe Moglia to be the AD and coach football for a couple years when Miami hired Golden....

As long as the SEC can cheat their way to the top nothing will change and dont even get me started on the fact that the NCAA has only really gone after USC and Miami, two private schools, with actual vigor over the same time span of 15 years....

The SEC and NCAA cabal decided after Miami resurgence under Butch Davis that buying SoFla players was the only way to prevent Miami from dominating CfB and the same scenario has played out for the last 15 years...

This has been happening since Patrick Johnson was bought after Miami made back to back national title games, so dont expect winning ten games every other year to change anything....

College football is an arms race and Miami doesnt have the money to compete, its why they should have hired Joe Moglia to be the AD and coach football for a couple years when Miami hired Golden....

As long as the SEC can cheat their way to the top nothing will change and dont even get me started on the fact that the NCAA has only really gone after USC and Miami, two private schools, with actual vigor over the same time span of 15 years....
We’ve risen like a Phoenix twice before. We shall rise again. It’s a when, not an If. We’ll also see probation again. Lol Miami isn’t built like small college towns. I for one am looking forward to the next three years. The rules also work in our favor. 25/85 is something that makes us a real threat to everyone, once we get our **** together. Every generation has its challenges. This too shall pass.

Advertisement
Innovation.
Agreed, but how did that get there, Belloti went to lower ranks and plucked Chip out of New Hampshire?! Nike owner pouring money into program at every turn does not hurt also...

Who at UM AD is forward thinking enough to bring in innovative coaches like Chip? Hopefully the names we have been hearing are smoke screens because those types of wide open coaches are out there. If you have **** admin like we do, you better hit on your coaches because blind cant be leading blind

We were worried about DL last summer and it ended up as one of the top units in the country. I just think we need to stay healthy. Kool really hurt our depth.

Defensive tackle will be OK if we add a good grad transfer. Silvera was the #2 DT in the country and showed plenty of flashes when he played. He should be expected to perform. Bethel is not a star but a senior who played a ton for a great defense.

At DE, Rousseau is an absolute monster. I expect him and Garvin to be as good as it gets. Depth is the issue there.

Glass 1/2 full type of analysis D. Let's see how Nesta looks in spring. We know how Willis looked the entire time he was here. Basically we need no injuries along the DL (due to a lack of depth), a true Soph and redshirt fresh to play well along the DL, and for first time starters to play well in the secondary. It's going to be an interesting season.

Glass 1/2 full type of analysis D. Let's see how Nesta looks in spring. We know how Willis looked the entire time he was here. Basically we need no injuries along the DL (due to a lack of depth), a true Soph and redshirt fresh to play well along the DL, and for first time starters to play well in the secondary. It's going to be an interesting season.

I’m just looking at the track record. We’ve had three straight years of good DL play after a decade of bad DL play.

good luck trying to win and be elite within the rules and without the studs

What @DMoney is eluding to is their layers to this ****. Right now, we're hanging around the Coastal division. We shouldn't need the elite 5 star guys to beat the Duke and Virginia's of the world. We need coaching. Once we're consistent at winning our division (which is among the worst in Power 5), then we can start at looking at trying to take the next step to the Bama and Ohio State level and contending for the playoffs. Without consistency on the field, which requires quality coaching in today's climate, we can stack talent and it won't make a difference. Consistency and efficiency in coaching is the only way we're coming back, which we haven't had in 15 years - which is pointing out the obvious.

Advertisement
Back