Bags aren't the problem

Meanwhile 5-7 usc landed another 5 star
So you mean to tell me USC still dropping bags? 5-7 USC who got two 5 stars today
USC has less competition because of their location. We have to deal with two in-state powers, the SEC and Ohio State.

They also won the PAC-12 last year. We’ve never won the ACC.

This is why...

https://247sports.com/Coach/Johnny-Nansen-735/

https://247sports.com/Coach/Tee-Martin-180/

2 mega recruiters

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeCoachRankings/

Advertisement
Cant post anything to show how much I agree. And DMoney has been saying this for a while now.

Forget dropping bags on recruits that most likely wont come here, spend it on the the best coaches. Let these coaches develop the South Florida kids we can get, put an exciting offense and or defense on the field, and the elite kids will eventually come. The defense is straight so go out and find an OC that will give us a top 25-30 offense.

We have to take a different approach.

And the offense has to look as fun and flashy as the defense. That MATTERS to kids.....

This was taken, directly, from the post: "Bags are real. I've spoken to people on both sides of the transaction. Tyrique Stevenson and others are getting paid. The SEC is cheating and barely hiding it." It's obvious, however, that you do have reading comprehension issues.

And he went on to say even an Ace recruiter would not help the situation but you blasted him for suggestion it would.

Advertisement
It’s everything
Bags, being influenced by hs coaches to go to these schools giving out the large bags, and our performance on the field.

We have to make Miami attractive to go to, going 7-6 certainly won’t help, the blowout losses won’t help and ending the season terribly won’t either

Advertisement
Miami is a mid tier program, period. Too much "internal" support for ppl that is their "guy." Coaches do not want to come here, recruits do not want to come here. Miami isn't ran like a business, it has it's own good ole boy system. That's why coaches like Rumph and Banda can remain on staff when they consistently miss. We hire coaches like Jess that have a green resume that can't get it done on the trail. Manny may decide to finally play the game, but as of now... this is what Miami is and it SUCKS.

Bingo! This is exactly what we’ve become. A middle of the road program. We don’t have the $$$ to be elite simple as that.

And I don’t want to hear that Miami has money. Oh yeah? Show me then.
Bags are a problem and will continue to be a problem that gets worse each and every year. It used to be more hush hush but the lack of action by the NCAA has allowed it to be more well-known now, especially with social media and other things out there. Plus a lot of these programs have learned how to pass the money around creatively.

It's no surprise that the top teams are the top teams. They have the funds to pay their coaches AND their players....and buy everything appealing to recruits, support staff, etc. Money wins in college football. You will occasionally see another team leap forward with a stud QB, a few under the radar recruits that explode, or legit up and coming coach......but those programs don't stay around like the money programs. Money doesn't guarantee winning (see Texas) but it **** sure helps.....and bounces you back MUCH quicker than other schools that tumble.

Bingo. We don’t have the $$$ to compete with the Elite.

Bingo! This is exactly what we’ve become. A middle of the road program. We don’t have the $$$ to be elite simple as that.

And I don’t want to hear that Miami has money. Oh yeah? Show me then.

Bingo. We don’t have the $$$ to compete with the Elite.
We have the money, we just don't want to spend staff wise. Recruit wise, we're under a microscope. Emmert is Sabans's lover. They and the rest of the SEC gets a blind eye. Administration doesn't care, just collecting those ACC checks.

We have the money, we just don't want to spend staff wise. Recruit wise, we're under a microscope. Emmert is Sabans's lover. They and the rest of the SEC gets a blind eye. Administration doesn't care, just collecting those ACC checks.

Then we will continue to be what we are. Might as well go root for a team that is committed to spend $$$ to win.

Advertisement
I know exactly how recruiting sites you work, especially the ones that sell scripts.

1) Excite the fan base by convincing them they have a shot at elite players when they actually don't
2) When the player does not come you blame it on something you can't prove
Dear Mr. Díaz,

Want to know how to start fixing this recruiting issue? It starts by beating Florida.

Not a chance

It’s bad for all of the big 3 in terms of missing out on the plan A kids but this cycle at least it’s not affecting uf and FSU as much

It’s bad for all of the big 3 in terms of missing out on the plan A kids but this cycle at least it’s not affecting uf and FSU as much

Not all those kids are from Florida, but either way I rather have kids sign out of state than UF and FSU.

Advertisement
Evaluations, evaluations, evaluations.

re: your CLUB analogy...to land that model, you need money or you need to have your talk game on point. Miami has neither. We're ugly, we're broke, and we look and act like ****. So, when its 2am, we can keep trying to fvck the models who are over in the VIP section...or we can evaluate which of the ladies in the GenPop are going to be a good time. As is...Miami does none of the above and goes home with their ****ens in their hand.

If Miami can at least identify a solid 7 out there on dance floor, maybe we'd be fvkcin, but alas, again, we go home with our dyck in our hands. On the occasional night we bring someone home, she's the homely 2 from North Carolina who is just intrigued because you said you were from Miami and you hope none of your buddies see her take the walk of shame to her uber.

We can have a staff of the best recruiters in the country and win 10 games a year, but it doesn’t matter when a school offers 6 figures, a new car, job for the family etc. if we don’t play the game we will never consistently get the elite talent down here.

Not all those kids are from Florida, but either way I rather have kids sign out of state than UF and FSU.
All are from Florida except Nolan smith in the top 10. But overall big 3 letting a lot of talent get out of state and more importantly Miami. FSU and uf are hitting on some of them

Advertisement
Back