Bags aren't the problem

Advertisement
What @DMoney is eluding to is their layers to this ****. Right now, we're hanging around the Coastal division. We shouldn't need the elite 5 star guys to beat the Duke and Virginia's of the world. We need coaching. Once we're consistent at winning our division (which is among the worst in Power 5), then we can start at looking at trying to take the next step to the Bama and Ohio State level and contending for the playoffs. Without consistency on the field, which requires quality coaching in today's climate, we can stack talent and it won't make a difference. Consistency and efficiency in coaching is the only way we're coming back, which we haven't had in 15 years - which is pointing out the obvious.
But this is what Im saying, if we want to beat uva and UNC I get it. But when u recruit the level we recruit at those games are risky there not guaranteed locks because the talent is closer cause we r looking for gems. That 3 star sfla **** throw that out the window because proof is u can lose if u have a whole under rated class. Those games become a toss up at times because of the intake at recruiting and ****** coaching which pertains to bumb *** recruiting.

Advertisement
Bro, I got in this thread late and I agree on the money mattering at some point but bags would be more relevant - if we were actually relevant. @Tetragrammaton Cane and I think @Rellyrell have been saying that these kids don't need bags to choose places like Bama and UGA over us. We're not even in the game. Sadly.
I don’t care who said that, but it’s blind insanity to claim UbaGA doesn’t need bags to take a guy like Tyrique from us. Those guys are bright, but that theory is retarded.

Anyone who thinks Tyrique goes to UbaGA if the playing field was even is naive, heels dug in, or just dopey. He wouldn’t have made 20 trips to Athens over the summer like a rich socialite with bad taste in vacation spots if someone wasn’t handling all that travel.

They get their hooks in when these economically disadvantaged kids somehow find the means to take a dozen 1600 mile round trips in a few months.

Advertisement
We’ve risen like a Phoenix twice before. We shall rise again. It’s a when, not an If. We’ll also see probation again. Lol Miami isn’t built like small college towns. I for one am looking forward to the next three years. The rules also work in our favor. 25/85 is something that makes us a real threat to everyone, once we get our **** together. Every generation has its challenges. This too shall pass.
The new transfer rules may be a game changer in favor of Miami... That is unless bags will be in play there as well.

Bags are real. I've spoken to people on both sides of the transaction. Tyrique Stevenson and others are getting paid. The SEC is cheating and barely hiding it.

But that's not Miami's problem. For the past decade, we've recruited at a Top 15 level. We've produced NFL players at a Top 5 level. And we've played at a Top 40 level.

Let's get some coaches, man. I'm tired of talking about hiring "ace recruiters" to "lock down" South Florida and give us an overwhelming talent edge. I've been guilty of it myself. But it's a waste of time.

Do we need players like Tyrique Stevenson and Jerry Jeudy to compete for championships? Yes. We aren't getting them and we won't be in the title discussion until we do. But how about stringing together two 10-win seasons? Is that too much to ask? How about producing an offense that isn't the second-worst in Power 5?

These kids are getting smarter. Manny Diaz compared it to Kevin Durant going to the Warriors. The elite players travel the country in 7on7s and national camps. Social media has improved the flow of information. Elite recruits know what teams are winning and getting the good players.

Last year, we had our first ten-win season in fifteen years. FIFTEEN YEARS. There are fathers and mothers who had never seen the Canes win double digits. Not coincidentally, we had a Top 10 class. Let's get the most out of guys like Mark Pope and Lorenzo Lingard. That will help our recruiting more than any bag.

Miami is like the dude who goes to the club looking like a scrub, and then complains that the models only hang out with the rich dudes. It may be true, but it has no impact on your situation. Let's get our house in order. We aren't losing to Virginia because Jerry Jeudy got paid.

Huge facts Miami should easily be a 9-10 win team in a weak coastal too many excuses

The SEC and NCAA cabal decided after Miami resurgence under Butch Davis that buying SoFla players was the only way to prevent Miami from dominating CfB and the same scenario has played out for the last 15 years...

This has been happening since Patrick Johnson was bought after Miami made back to back national title games, so dont expect winning ten games every other year to change anything....

College football is an arms race and Miami doesnt have the money to compete, its why they should have hired Joe Moglia to be the AD and coach football for a couple years when Miami hired Golden....

As long as the SEC can cheat their way to the top nothing will change and dont even get me started on the fact that the NCAA has only really gone after USC and Miami, two private schools, with actual vigor over the same time span of 15 years....

Spot on.

We’ve risen like a Phoenix twice before. We shall rise again. It’s a when, not an If. We’ll also see probation again. Lol Miami isn’t built like small college towns. I for one am looking forward to the next three years. The rules also work in our favor. 25/85 is something that makes us a real threat to everyone, once we get our **** together. Every generation has its challenges. This too shall pass.

abolishing the ncaa and goin the way of superconferences is a great start....

Advertisement
**** these ***** *** ***gots.

Who is starting the GoFundMe to hire private investigators to be up in the *** of these ****boys?

I wish nothing but pain and a life of misery on all of these a-holes and their families.

Bags are real. I've spoken to people on both sides of the transaction. Tyrique Stevenson and others are getting paid. The SEC is cheating and barely hiding it.

But that's not Miami's problem. For the past decade, we've recruited at a Top 15 level. We've produced NFL players at a Top 5 level. And we've played at a Top 40 level.

Let's get some coaches, man. I'm tired of talking about hiring "ace recruiters" to "lock down" South Florida and give us an overwhelming talent edge. I've been guilty of it myself. But it's a waste of time.

Do we need players like Tyrique Stevenson and Jerry Jeudy to compete for championships? Yes. We aren't getting them and we won't be in the title discussion until we do. But how about stringing together two 10-win seasons? Is that too much to ask? How about producing an offense that isn't the second-worst in Power 5?

These kids are getting smarter. Manny Diaz compared it to Kevin Durant going to the Warriors. The elite players travel the country in 7on7s and national camps. Social media has improved the flow of information. Elite recruits know what teams are winning and getting the good players.

Last year, we had our first ten-win season in fifteen years. FIFTEEN YEARS. There are fathers and mothers who had never seen the Canes win double digits. Not coincidentally, we had a Top 10 class. Let's get the most out of guys like Mark Pope and Lorenzo Lingard. That will help our recruiting more than any bag.

Miami is like the dude who goes to the club looking like a scrub, and then complains that the models only hang out with the rich dudes. It may be true, but it has no impact on your situation. Let's get our house in order. We aren't losing to Virginia because Jerry Jeudy got paid.
Sounds good an all. Hard to win when you don't get the best players unless you play the bag game. All you can hope for is the one off season where you win 9-10 games. We will never do it year after year unless you do the things in recruiting like the big boys

Advertisement
Yeah... no
Like I said, I agreeded with the OP HOWEVER our staff isn’t tenacious and honestly didn’t know the families of the kids they were recruiting as well as you think. They did a good job and if we won 9 or 10 we might have gotten Tyrique, Jadon and A few others. That’s not good enough. They didn’t create the bonds necessary to overcome something as small as a two or three extra losses. I respect your take, but we don’t have the right to be elitist when it comes to recruiting. We have to work for every kid, harder than the others. Until that changes, we will be watching kids put on Georgia and Alabama hats.

I agree with you somewhat but I don’t think the level of recruiter we bring in is going to change the elite players minds. We have to win. Who in their right mind would pick us over schools competing for championships righr now? (Rhetorical)

I don’t care who said that, but it’s blind insanity to claim UbaGA doesn’t need bags to take a guy like Tyrique from us. Those guys are bright, but that theory is retarded.

Anyone who thinks Tyrique goes to UbaGA if the playing field was even is naive, heels dug in, or just dopey. He wouldn’t have made 20 trips to Athens over the summer like a rich socialite with bad taste in vacation spots if someone wasn’t handling all that travel.

They get their hooks in when these economically disadvantaged kids somehow find the means to take a dozen 1600 mile round trips in a few months.
I think bags are the reason guys are choosing 1 school over another but we've come off as so inept that I think our problem has been more than bags. Right now, even if we had an equal bag, I believe that we are losing these kids more times than not. Mork killed this cycle so we start anew with Diaz but no doubt we came off as a toxic dump leading up to this.

Last edited:
Sounds a like an excuse from their failure to recruit. I just wonder why Anderson's mom is still a janitor living in a condemned house and he was a 5-star recruit and rated as the 1 OLB in the country last year.

While we are on the topic, how much UCF paying players because they would have wrecked us?

You still think schools don’t pay players? Lol

I remember you being adamant about this a few years ago.

Last edited:
You still think schools don’t pay players? Lol

I remember you being adament about this a few years ago.

Do players get paid, yes --plenty of proof of that including us getting caught doing it. There is also evidence that coaches rape little boys (Penn State) and coaches ignore strong evidence of rape (Baylor). Do I think we missed out on our recruiting class because everyone is dropping bags? --nope. My point is, you can't go 7 and 6 and expect to pull elite talent.

Advertisement
Back