Bags aren't the problem

Bags have always been a problem but it never stopped us in the 80s.... 90s and early 00s

People forget that SMU scandal of all places took place in the 80s and that was at SMU! We just need to put on a winning product on the field that has schemes on both sides that kids can see projecting them to the NFL

You had a kid today committ to Purdue because he loves the offense and saw what another all American did this past year for them!

If we are die hard fans and couldn’t even stomach richts offense how do you expect kids who know they have only one shot to get this right believe in Richt or this transition class now of Diaz

Well we want exactly a clean program then lol

Advertisement
My man.

Yeah sure winning helps but it's a product of having a good system for these kids to succeed. These are business decisions for parents. We flat out have been playing checkers for too long and snagging the occasional beast because we are still The U.

I mean everyone here can basically name the couple of elite players that we truly out-recruited folks for down the stretch. That ain't good.
yea its not good, my favorite player on the team to me is elite and we dont even play him that much if at all.

You do not know what you are talking about. Another addition to the "everyone is cheating but us excuse." If these other schools are cheating, then an "ace recruiter" would not be able to lock down S. Florida, so what would they matter? The U has had as many NCAA sanctions as the other major football teams. Stop making up bullsh** excuses and call it what it is, "Miami has not been competitive due to the university's incompetence, and not because they run a "clean program." If you have information about "bags" being real, sell the story to some news outlet. Alabama football being caught cheating would be a major story, which would lead to a lot of fortune for you. Unfortunately, you do not know sh**, so you make up things.

You clearly have reading comprehension issues. Go back and read again. Very slowly this time.

Miami is a mid tier program, period. Too much "internal" support for ppl that is their "guy." Coaches do not want to come here, recruits do not want to come here. Miami isn't ran like a business, it has it's own good ole boy system. That's why coaches like Rumph and Banda can remain on staff when they consistently miss. We hire coaches like Jess that have a green resume that can't get it done on the trail. Manny may decide to finally play the game, but as of now... this is what Miami is and it SUCKS.

I’m the idiot. How rich and ironic.

You obviously don’t know **** yet run a site about cane football.

At least Gary Ferman knows there’s bags tool.

I know exactly how recruiting sites you work, especially the ones that sell scripts.

1) Excite the fan base by convincing them they have a shot at elite players when they actually don't
2) When the player does not come you blame it on something you can't prove

Advertisement
If Stevenson and Campbell want to go elsewhere fine. But we need to stop lettting these guys come on campus as much as they want. We need to send a message that this isn’t a nice weekend get away spot. You either commit or you don’t come. That is what is so embarrassing about losing TC and Stevenson. We look like the bride that got left at the altar.

I know exactly how recruiting sites you work, especially the ones that sell scripts.

1) Excite the fan base by convincing them they have a shot at elite players when they actually don't
2) When the player does not come you blame it on something you can't prove
Can you prove it doesn't happen?

Miami is a mid tier program, period. Too much "internal" support for ppl that is their "guy." Coaches do not want to come here, recruits do not want to come here. Miami isn't ran like a business, it has it's own good ole boy system. That's why coaches like Rumph and Banda can remain on staff when they consistently miss. We hire coaches like Jess that have a green resume that can't get it done on the trail. Manny may decide to finally play the game, but as of now... this is what Miami is and it SUCKS.

look, no matter who u wanna blame, the best recruiter isn't going to convince a kid to come to a dumpster fire that was 7-6 when MOST of these kids decided on their future school. we needed to follow up 10-3 with another 10-3 or 11-2 not 7-6 and look like a failure all year. this 7-6 and the failures in recruiting may finally get us to where we need to be in the future, but only time will tell

Lol you seem nice enough, but you state things as fact, that are very wrong. Kirby absolutely pays instate kids. I don’t know Adam Anderson, but how do you know if he got paid. How do you know, if he did, what the mother got. You really have to stop being a part of these conversations. Respectfully you’re embarrassing yourself and looking less credible with each post. “Sometimes” the money doesn’t go to the mom. Heads up

I know his mom lives in a condemned house because it was in the newspaper. If he or his mom were paid then are not spending the money.

Advertisement
I tell people all the time, I don’t always follow the rules. Some rules are meant to be bent and some meant to be broken.
Now rich people throw money at problems but wealthy people figure out how to get more for less. If you had great talent evaluators you could negotiate with top players and still have solid players to fall back on.

We don’t need to do one thing great, we need to do everything consistently good.
We need a full solution life cycle.

Agree that having a winning team is important but the number one reason recruits choose the school is the money.Most of these kids are from low income families .When they get offered cash when they commit,more cash when they sign ,and another bag when they show up on campus plus a car and a monthly stipend while they attend school it becomes the number one reason to attend the school.Tennesse did not win this year but they have a top ten class following a Baga Saban disciple named Pruitt.Coley,Pannunzio,and Coach Kool were average recruiters until they had boosters dropping bags.FBI needs to get involved.There are IRS issues,money laundering ,and fraudulent activities that occur in the recruitment process by coaches and boosters.There is no longer a level playing field in college football.SEC do not have a monopoly on good coaches they do have a monopoly on bag droppers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bags arent the only problem, but they are a problem.

We’re garbage and the bag schools are paying big. That’s a recipe for disaster. We’re basically left with the guys who love this area and aren’t being paid by bag schools. The area is so rich that we should still be able to win the Coastal with those guys with good modern coaching.

But we are likely done as a national program as long as bag schools can cheat so blatantly. If we start winning 10 and the Coastal regularly we’ll get back in business with the 2nd tier guys that the bag schools aren’t paying.

It’s a chicken and egg thing though. Because in order to start winning 10 regularly we’ve proven we need better players. To get the better players we need to win a lot more.

Advertisement
I know his mom lives in a condemned house because it was in the newspaper. If he or his mom were paid then are not spending the money.
“If” I’m glad to see you’re learning. He might have a father. He might have a handler. He might keep his own money. “She” might be a problem. She might have tried to cut a side deal and lost out. She might be an idiot and lost what she got. Not everyone makes a deal, gives their mother better housing and rides off into the suburban sunset.

Bags are available to any elite recruit actively LOOKING for bags, just think about it if you can get an elite recruit without offering bags why would you even drop a bag?

Way too many absolutes being thrown around, this 19 class been ****ed since the summer, we taken the L, there's no salvaging this class

Gotta move on focus on '20, win 10 games, there's studs all over this country 3-5*, find them and coach them up, a high 3 star DB from GA, Texas whatever can play here, you're a 4-5 star looking to get paid, cool, let's not waste each others time

How’s it an excuse? Are you seriously trolling?

I know you aren’t dumb, he said there’s bags but it’s more than that.

Mixing in the six figures the program changers get then us being a dumpster fire we’re screwed. We could still recruit at a good level without getting the bags kids , it’s just the second and third tier studs view Miami as a **** show.
Bingo!!!!!

Advertisement
Back