Bad news on butch front

Advertisement
I for one think that Butch will wreck it at Florida. Here's why.

Blank check on assistants
Plays in the SEC.
When good, they can easily sell out their stadium
More recent memory of national titles
Will be able to mop up at in Florida recruiting.

Butch at Florida will be our worst nightmare. Not only does that mean our most wanted coach gets hired, but he goes to a rival that has everything that Miami offers including much more.

Advertisement
Butch Davis will never get a head coaching job at a Power 5 university for the rest of his natural born life unless it is at Miami. We are the only school that would take a chance on a 62 year old and it's because he's one of the few people who has shown he can mesh here.

Florida would sooner higher a penguin before they hire him.

Butch may coach here again, but we are going into the 8th game and it is too early to tell if the job will even be available. Sheesh.

If the thought is that we can't hire Butch for whatever reason, than that actually helps us if he goes to the Gators in some ways. It forces us to up our commitment. Part of the hestitancy right now to even consider our options after Golden is the cost of it. They know the next coach has to be a big hire in the 3-4M range per year. One game at time. No chance of Golden being goine with 7 wins, 50/50 at 6-6, 90% at 5-7, and 99% at 4-8. On paper, I'm not sure we can win 2 games. Not an easy game left on the schedule for us.

The ceiling for this team is 6-6. I see a 4-8 or 5-7 season. I just want the season to end ASAP, it is not fun watching this dumpster fire.

When does basketball season begin? It's the only entertaining mens sport remaining at the U.

Advertisement
Right, Foley is hot to hire another defensive coach - albeit one twice fired and with an NCAA/academic fraud issue on his resume? Golden has a better chance of replacing Saban at Alabama.

Nothing personal but I'm getting really phucking tired of reading this bullchit get regurgitated over and over

The fact of the matter is that Butch Davis does not have an academic scandal on his resume. He was officially cleared of any and all wrongdoing by both the NCAA and the Governor of North Carolina and he has it in writing. So can we all please once and for all please stop repeating this nonsense?

Right, Foley is hot to hire another defensive coach - albeit one twice fired and with an NCAA/academic fraud issue on his resume? Golden has a better chance of replacing Saban at Alabama.

Nothing personal but I'm getting really phucking tired of reading this bullchit get regurgitated over and over

The fact of the matter is that Butch Davis does not have an academic scandal on his resume. He was officially cleared of any and all wrongdoing by both the NCAA and the Governor of North Carolina and he has it in writing. So can we all please once and for all please stop repeating this nonsense?

It the taint. It's always about the taint.

Remind me again how many recruiting battles Butch won in South Florida while he was at UNC.

Probably very few, but there are just a few slight differences between winning recruiting battles for South Florida talent when you're the coach of Miami then winning recruiting battles for South Florida talent when you're the coach of UNC. But don't let logic and context get in the way of your endless attempts to discredit Butch and his accomplishments. Did he not recruit you or you son or something like that?

Advertisement
Back