Bad news on butch front

Loafers

Sophomore
Purgatory
So I just heard the ESPN uf beat writer on the radio. Said when Zook was fired it came down to Petrino and Meyer but only after Foley contacted Butch to see if he was interested. So much for these posters claiming they would never hire him. Come on Blake u must get out in front.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If the Gaytorz hire Butch, we are looking at an unmitigated DISASTER.

Butch at UF would be a nightmare.
I would rather the school shut down the football program than keep Folden as head coach. Folden would not have a pray if he had to recruit against Butch and dumbo fisher.

Advertisement
We may have to storm coral gables and size buildings like vietnam war protesters back in the day.

Imagine what Butch would do in the SEC lol. Unlimited amounts of money to do whatever he wants.

Advertisement
If the thought is that we can't hire Butch for whatever reason, than that actually helps us if he goes to the Gators in some ways. It forces us to up our commitment. Part of the hestitancy right now to even consider our options after Golden is the cost of it. They know the next coach has to be a big hire in the 3-4M range per year. One game at time. No chance of Golden being goine with 7 wins, 50/50 at 6-6, 90% at 5-7, and 99% at 4-8. On paper, I'm not sure we can win 2 games. Not an easy game left on the schedule for us.

If the gators get Butch I'm done with the canes....I won't be able to take the beatings we'll receive every recruiting year

Right, Foley is hot to hire another defensive coach - albeit one twice fired and with an NCAA/academic fraud issue on his resume? Golden has a better chance of replacing Saban at Alabama.

If the thought is that we can't hire Butch for whatever reason, than that actually helps us if he goes to the Gators in some ways. It forces us to up our commitment. Part of the hestitancy right now to even consider our options after Golden is the cost of it. They know the next coach has to be a big hire in the 3-4M range per year. One game at time. No chance of Golden being goine with 7 wins, 50/50 at 6-6, 90% at 5-7, and 99% at 4-8. On paper, I'm not sure we can win 2 games. Not an easy game left on the schedule for us.

The ceiling for this team is 6-6. I see a 4-8 or 5-7 season. I just want the season to end ASAP, it is not fun watching this dumpster fire.

Advertisement
So because Butch got a phone call from Foley TEN YEARS AGO, the Gators are going to hire him now?

The Gators will make a rash decision and overpay for some corch, they ain't hiring 60 something Butch Davis. That would be the smart thing for them but it won't happen

Sooo...because they wanted Butch Davis 10 years ago, it still holds to reason that Butch would be their first choice now?

Sooo because I was making a point about UF having interest in butch in the past as proof that they WOULD hire him, as opposed to some posters who said they would never do so. you inferred that I was insinuating he was their first choice. Ridiculous

The Gators will probably go after Mullen hard. I would. Butch will get a job this year if he wants it.

Advertisement
They will not hire Butch. They make big splash hires with generally young guys and the NCAA stuff attached to Butch is something Florida wont touch.

So because Butch got a phone call from Foley TEN YEARS AGO, the Gators are going to hire him now?

The Gators will make a rash decision and overpay for some corch, they ain't hiring 60 something Butch Davis. That would be the smart thing for them but it won't happen

All I said was that he was an option. Posters said they would NEVER hire him and yet they considered. Who knows it is the same AD hiring right now as to whether or not he would be in consideration.

You on the other hand type in CAPS like what I said was dumb and yet you are making definitive statements like u know ****.

Maybe UF goes after Petrino. No idea what UF is thinking, nor is it on my list of 572 things to worry about. As much as we want UM to think that we can strong arm them to make a decision on Golden, they may not make a decision for a year or two.

Sooo...because they wanted Butch Davis 10 years ago, it still holds to reason that Butch would be their first choice now?

he won't even be their second choice. The only school w/ a rich football history that would legitimately be after Butch is Miami. UF will be looking to get someone else's prized winning coach, similar to going after Urban who was the hot name in 04 after he lead Utah to an undefeated season. Not someone who is sitting in an ESPN studio that was fired from his last two jobs and his greatest claims to coaching fame happened over a decade ago. If you can't get a consensus of UM people happy about bringing Butch back even after the success he had here, does anyone believe UF people w/ all their resources will be happy about him. There next coach needs to be someone who doesn't have to sold to people and Butch requires selling even w/ UM.

Advertisement
Back