Fart Keyhole
Elite Human Being
- Joined
- Mar 20, 2025
- Messages
- 1,596
ACC
Not sure about "more," but definitely better looking.SEC. More ***** live in the south
I’m ok either way but vote b1g for two reasons:
Pros
Easier schedule
More money
Funny to think some of you think Miami would play FSU & UiF every year if went to SEC
Living in Iowa, I selfishly want the BIG so I can catch multiple games. With that said, ultimately I want the university to do whatever is best for the sports programs. We all watched what happened when they became an afterthought.
SEC is better for location and style of play. Big 10 fits our academics.
So going to Big10 would technically be the better development path for our players, providing them that real life experience before moving on. Beside I live in Chicago suburbs and this puts 7 potential away game sites within 4 hours.
SEC is where Miami belongs. Just from a logistics standpoint it makes the most sense. Dont wanna be like USC, UCLA, and Oregon having to worry about them longer flights all the time.
Another factor. There are 210,000 living alumni, with close to half remaining in FL. Are they more likely to make a trip to the Southeast to catch an away game or fly to Iowa or Oregon?
I'm good either way. Living in Virginia means I'm going to have to travel to see the Canes play.More money seems very debatable going forward when the SEC's media rights deal is re-negotiated after Sankey guts the ACC and when the cross-country travel costs for all sports are factored in.
A schedule when we're playing both UF and FSU on a more regular basis is gonna generate more ticket revenue than one where we're not playing either on a regular basis.