Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not making light of the incident, just shifting to football perspective. This opens up some playing time for James Williams and possibly Kinchens. Bolden and Hall were gonna start but I know Avantae was in line for some significant time in the rotation.

Advertisement
CTE? Hope he gets help before he hurts himself? Same as Walton, no? I hate seeing stories like this

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just when we thought things were starting to look up for us. At least we have a pretty loaded safety room, and maybe this will improve our chances with some highly rated safety prospects in the 2022 class.

Advertisement
I don’t know what happened because I wasn’t there. My father always told me “whether the rock hits the pitcher or the pitcher hits the rock, it’s bad for the pitcher.” Regardless of what happened or what led up to the incident, Avantae should have taken himself out of that situation.

I’m praying that mother and child are okay.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm always hesitant to comment on this type of ****, but what could the mother have possibly done to enrage him to the point that he'd endanger the life of the baby, let alone lay hands on a woman? Coming from a father who almost lost his baby daughter for no other reason than "nature", this is ******* horrific.

Then you step back and consider the plight of a young man who's ceiling just went from probably making the League for a few years and earning life-changing money for his family, to likely going to prison for 10-20 years, his children growing up knowing what he did, and hoping he can land a job flipping burgers when he gets released.

That's an old photo. He cut his hair

Pretty sad when the local jail doesn't have to take a new mugshot when they book you, but instead just use a previous mugshot. Hence my comment about this kid being a poor decision making machine. It was a miracle he ever made it onto Miami's campus and it would have been a bigger miracle if he ever stepped on the field. This should surprise absolutely nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back