Athletic article by Navarro - take your blue chip ratio and shove it.

Advertisement
Its an indictment on poor recruiting, development, and coaching but the reality is we aren't more talented than either team. We are the same.

Middle of the road ACC/B10.
I actually disagree with your analysis, assuming your bullet points capture the article. All of this is discussing the development and where our upperclassmen are now. However, what you are trying to extrapolate ignores the starting point, and the starting point through recruiting rankings is much higher than most of those other middle of the road ACC or Big 10 teams. In any case, the end point is Manny needs to go.

Its an indictment on poor recruiting, development, and coaching but the reality is we aren't more talented than either team. We are the same.

It’s true that we have a high concentration of great players in our backyard but turn on any game on Saturday and you’ll see there’s talent all across the country. There’s some really good players in VA for example. Always has been.

The recruiting ranking matter everywhere that has good coaching. We recruit at a good enough level to not get pounded by a duct taped Msu team. Dude flipped their roster in one year. Fact is all of our highly rated kids flop at a huge rate, that’s coaching. Coaches around the country laugh at our development and coaching.

So Tyrique coming back seems like a given? He’s been absolute trash but I think he can be better with a more experienced James Williams and Kinchens as a supporting cast
Absolute trash is a bit of hyperbole I think, but yes he definitely should come back

But if we have the same staph, I wouldn’t blame him for bailing

Advertisement
Cool. How do they compare to MSU and UVA?

Either Manny has failed to recruit, failed to develop, or both, but whatever it is, it flows back to him.
Nobody thats sane believes we compare to them with our talent. Teams just try to keep it close , they know we’ll ***** it up late. Msu’s coach pretty much said that. We don’t develop highly rated kids , they don’t get quality coaching and are at a schematic disadvantage most weeks. That’s just facts.

Absolute trash is a bit of hyperbole I think, but yes he definitely should come back

But if we have the same staph, I wouldn’t blame him for bailing
Wait a minute, I thought our new DB coach - widely touted for putting guys in the league - and VanDyke were the answer to all our problems.

How about we just start winning games and winning the ACC Coastal then worry about how our players will do in the NFL?

So a 2-3 team doesnt have NFL players up and down the roster? Real Hot take there. If your any good nowadays, you shouldnt be in college past your 3rd year anyway. Our roster is littered with players who are in their 5th and 6th year. What does that tell you? No shade at those kids because I appreciate them trying to "run it back" and leave a mark before they moved on but unfortunately it just didnt work out like we had all planned.

Advertisement
He won't. Would be shocked if he doesn't enter the portal and play another year elsewhere.
Good point here. New change of environment might do him good. For some reason, he just cant get it going here and thats a **** shame.

Live look at @DMoney's brain after reading the OP.
Go back and look at who was pushing the brakes on the Zion/first round talk. I agree with all of those projections. The guy they are missing is Stevenson. He's the best prospect on the team.

Anyway, the NFL and recruiting numbers always tell the same story. This is a program with Top 15 talent and Top 50 results.

Very original response. Impressive.

Sometimes, honesty hurts, I guess.

My issue is, or our fearless HC sat in these kids living rooms and promised parents he'd look out for their kid. Years later, he's trying to control the narrative and save his job by throwing the same kids under the bus. It's no coincidence that a story like this is dropping after Manny has publicly stated he needs more quality recruiting classes.

This story, along with Blake's 'gloves on' interview are Blake and Manny attempting to control the narrative, at the expense of the same young men they begged to be apart of this program. That's a slimey as it gets.

At no point does Manny mention his failed experiment with Enos, or having to replace an entire defensive staff that he chose.

Advertisement
Wait a minute, I thought our new DB coach - widely touted for putting guys in the league - and VanDyke were the answer to all our problems.
Ha

I will say when the system is so broken, there is not one coach or player that’s going to make much of difference

Go back and look at who was pushing the brakes on the Zion/first round talk. I agree with all of those projections. The guy they are missing is Stevenson. He's the best prospect on the team.

Anyway, the NFL and recruiting numbers always tell the same story. This is a program with Top 15 talent and Top 50 results.

From the OP:
"and from a competitive standpoint, the Hurricanes are at best “a middle-of-the-road ACC team.”

I understand that he's talking about the upperclassman, but this is always the story with Miami or something that closely resembles it. i.e. Talented class just brought in but haven't proven themselves injected onto a team filled with proven busts, average players or players regressing. 6 talented players who will one day play in the NFL doesn't make a talented team.

Besides, it's not always the same story as you say, the moment Slow Richt got kicked out of UGA our talent has gotten progressively worse from the Golden days with the added bonus of enormous holes in multiple positions appearing everywhere.

Nobody thats sane believes we compare to them with our talent. Teams just try to keep it close , they know we’ll ***** it up late. Msu’s coach pretty much said that. We don’t develop highly rated kids , they don’t get quality coaching and are at a schematic disadvantage most weeks. That’s just facts.

It's not just our staff as far as development. There is a severe talent identification issue here as well. How many kids have left the program since 2015 and not done a thing anywhere else? Literally dozens. So it's not like they go elsewhere and get this magic coaching and development. How many can you think of who went elsewhere and even had a slightly decent career? Tyre Brady comes to mind? I guess Scott Patchan has done well at Colorado State? Cager maybe? Made some plays at UGA but couldn't stay healthy in Athens either. Gus made the league after he left here.

But I could list probably 40+ names of kids who were pretty heralded recruits who didn't do much here, left, and didn't do anything anywhere else either. Were they totally ruined here? I doubt it. Why can't Lingard play at UF? Why can't Hightower play? Is it Dugans fault? What's Marquez Ezzard up to? Dionte Mullins. Sam Bruce. Nigel Bethel. Jarren Williams. Is Christian Williams even playing for USF? I could go on for 20 minutes.

I'm telling you, this place is cursed. Every school has busts, I get that. But you can't say we don't develop kids when even the ones who leave before they're completely corrupted go somewhere else to die. It's gotta be deeper than that.

Advertisement
From the OP:
"and from a competitive standpoint, the Hurricanes are at best “a middle-of-the-road ACC team.”
That is where we are from a competitive standpoint- the team sucks.

Talentwise, I'd put us obviously below Clemson and probably below UNC because of the QB. I think we are more talented than Pittsburgh. Either that or we've been outcoaching them 5 of the past 6 years.

Right. Along with getting rid of Blake Baker and letting Manny handle the DC duties.

I agree. The best person on the team is a Georgia transfer who couldn't even become a starter with them. The recruiting is bad. That has to be fixed first or it won't matter who the coach is.

Advertisement
Back