Athletic article by Navarro - take your blue chip ratio and shove it.

I’m not the person that likes to run around talking about how everyone on the bench, or the next man up is always better

But there’s not one upper classman on this team that looks like they could make an impact in the NFL other than Hedley

Everyone that jumps off the screen is a frosh or soph

We’ve really proven that being an experienced team is overrated as **** and having years of being “young” as an excuse was just another load of BS
Experienced teams can still be very dangerous when they get coaching and development.

Teams like Wake and App State that have experienced players playing smart disciplined football are dangerous teams that outshoot their nfl talent level.

Our players are just so undisciplined and lack development that they play at the same level as when they were freshmen.

Advertisement
Experienced teams can still be very dangerous when they get coaching and development.

Teams like Wake and App State that have experienced players playing smart disciplined football are dangerous teams that outshoot their nfl talent level.

Our players are just so undisciplined and lack development that they play at the same level as when they were freshmen.
Yep I mean we see it a lot just against us.

We see some mediocre teams in the ACC get tougher as we play them more and players get better

Then there’s us

I feel like despite what the scouts say we have talent. Talent that has not been developed adequately, talent that needs to be in a better scheme, and talent that needs discipline.

If we played quality fundamental football and put kids in a position to succeed, I’m sure our draft prospects would look a whole lot better (over the last decade). Being out of position and cleaning up others mistakes constantly can make players look bad. A coherent unit elevates the play of each and every position. In turn, our guys have better film and are drafted higher, and have a higher chance to succeeed in the nfl — where you are drafted matters physiologically to organizations. Easy to cut a guy making $500K than $5M all else equal.

JMO, maybe I’m wrong and our evaluations are just consistently wrong.
think its a combination of poor recruiting talent evaluation, poor player development as well.....this reflects on hc and his staff.
whole operation needs to be reworked top to bottom

Some prospects are (what I call) "no brainers".
They have size and talent oozing out of their ears. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that they'll be able to contribute. (i.e. Taylor and Williams)

For other (less heralded) kids, you need EVALUATION SKILLS!
This is one department where we freakin' suck! (our recruiting message board is actually better at it)
We have absolutely no ability to identify lower ranked kids who can contribute in the ACC.
Think about what Pitt is able to do with their DL recruits, or Clemson with many of their LB recruits.
I know I'm beating a dead horse, but it didn't take a genius to see that Brandon Dorlus was gonna turn out better than fat a$s Jalar Holley. (I called it when they were seniors in high school)
And there's soooo many recruiting stories like this! Tons of lower-ranked (usually local) kids that we mis-evaluated.

We don't sign enough "no brainers" (i.e. Taylor and Williams) to cover-up our **** poor evaluations of the lower-ranked kids.

Advertisement
They have size and talent oozing out of their ears. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that they'll be able to contribute. (i.e. Taylor and Williams)

This is one department where we freakin' suck! (our recruiting message board is actually better at it)
We have absolutely no ability to identify lower ranked kids who can contribute in the ACC.
Think about what Pitt is able to do with their DL recruits, or Clemson with many of their LB recruits.
I know I'm beating a dead horse, but it didn't take a genius to see that Brandon Dorlus was gonna turn out better than fat a$s Jalar Holley. (I called it when they were seniors in high school)
And there's soooo many recruiting stories like this! Tons of lower-ranked (usually local) kids that we mis-evaluated.

We don't sign enough "no brainers" (i.e. Taylor and Williams) to cover-up our **** poor evaluations of the lower-ranked kids.
correct staff evals are awful, not to beat a dead horse but B.Davis was very good at talent eval ofHS kids
wonder where we would be if we would have offered him the HC job

This right here... Well said Coach! Who is doing the initial scouting? Is it the recruiting department, coaches, recruiting sites? Obviously they are all involved but who is making the list of the “less heralded” kids?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back