Athletic article by Navarro - take your blue chip ratio and shove it.

I’m not the person that likes to run around talking about how everyone on the bench, or the next man up is always better

But there’s not one upper classman on this team that looks like they could make an impact in the NFL other than Hedley

Everyone that jumps off the screen is a frosh or soph

We’ve really proven that being an experienced team is overrated as **** and having years of being “young” as an excuse was just another load of BS
Agreed. There isn’t a junior or senior on defense that is a difference maker at all. Offensively, I’d say Rambo has made himself a case as a draftable player but that’s about it for upper classmen

Advertisement
Theyve been at Miami for 4 years…of course they aren’t nfl ready. The more time you spend in this program, the more mediocre you become, it’s practically been proven scientifically

Agreed. There isn’t a junior or senior on defense that is a difference maker at all. Offensively, I’d say Rambo has made himself a case as a draftable player but that’s about it for upper classmen
Yeah Rambo looks pretty good

So it’s obvious to be everyone who watches our team that the best players are the younger players…this is just as bad as our development and schematic problems…the fact that he continues to play the older less talented players just for the sake of being loyal to them, while the people players who can help us win waste away on the bench. Fire the man with Blake so we can move on….please.
Just my opinion some of these older players may have been decent now if coached up. If never happened. What you see is result of what happened. Regressed if anything since being here

Advertisement
Just my opinion some of these older players may have been decent now if coached up. If never happened. What you see is result of what happened. Regressed if anything since being here
I totally agree with you. What I’m saying is this isn’t taking up for Manny because he supposedly has no talent. This is actually making him look more incompetent.

It's not just our staff as far as development. There is a severe talent identification issue here as well. How many kids have left the program since 2015 and not done a thing anywhere else? Literally dozens. So it's not like they go elsewhere and get this magic coaching and development. How many can you think of who went elsewhere and even had a slightly decent career? Tyre Brady comes to mind? I guess Scott Patchan has done well at Colorado State? Cager maybe? Made some plays at UGA but couldn't stay healthy in Athens either. Gus made the league after he left here.

But I could list probably 40+ names of kids who were pretty heralded recruits who didn't do much here, left, and didn't do anything anywhere else either. Were they totally ruined here? I doubt it. Why can't Lingard play at UF? Why can't Hightower play? Is it Dugans fault? What's Marquez Ezzard up to? Dionte Mullins. Sam Bruce. Nigel Bethel. Jarren Williams. Is Christian Williams even playing for USF? I could go on for 20 minutes.

I'm telling you, this place is cursed. Every school has busts, I get that. But you can't say we don't develop kids when even the ones who leave before they're completely corrupted go somewhere else to die. It's gotta be deeper than that.

That’s why i say we need an nfl coach. Get someone in here who knows what a football player looks like.

Gonna be so many kids going First Round Management and then UDFA this year, LOL. Doubt most of them are smart enough to come back. Curse going to continue

This story only backs Mannys recruiting pitch. I thought the same thing to be honest. Best upper class player is Lou Hedley and it's not even close

Advertisement
Yet every offseason y’all eat up the **** our mods or what our insiders put out. I hope this whole season is an eye opener for you guys.

Go back and look at who was pushing the brakes on the Zion/first round talk. I agree with all of those projections. The guy they are missing is Stevenson. He's the best prospect on the team.

Anyway, the NFL and recruiting numbers always tell the same story. This is a program with Top 15 talent and Top 50 results.
Not sure about tyrick...he is defininitely not an outside corner like Kirby tried to tell him...trying to put a square peg in a round hole....why hasn’t anyone mention him as a safety....he is a good tackler.

I would understand the lack of NFL talent if Miami was located anywhere else but South Florida. But data from where current players played HS football, clearly point out that Miami and Fort Lauderdale are two of the top cities. Adding Tampa/Palm Beach/Jacksonville/Orlando where we can add key players from. if we hit on 50% of the future NFL talent south of Orlando we are a force in college football. The formula has not changed!

Not sure about tyrick...he is defininitely not an outside corner like Kirby tried to tell him...trying to put a square peg in a round hole....why hasn’t anyone mention him as a safety....he is a good tackler.
He doesn’t want to play safety. That’s the whole reason he left UGA.

Advertisement
He doesn’t want to play safety. That’s the whole reason he left UGA He doesn’t want to play safety. That’s the whole reason he left UGA.
Difference between Kirby, 1st team all sec db selection w/13 interceptions and 4 time academic all American and trained under the master dB coach Saban and Manny ...Kirby gave him an opportunity, but it did not work out and told Tyrick if you want to play for me you have to play where you can help the team best.

Advertisement
Difference between Kirby, 1st team all sec db selection w/13 interceptions and 4 time academic all American and trained under the master dB coach Saban and Manny ...Kirby gave him an opportunity, but it did not work out and told Tyrick if you want to play for me you have to play where you can help the team best.
You're literally just making **** up. He didn't give him a chance to play CB (other than in the bowl game when he had injuries in a last ditch attempt to keep TS) and that's why he left. He would have been starting STAR (our version of STRIKER).

"Sometimes its better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt".

Correct. He’s a safety and that’s the first thing the NFL will tell him when he starts interviewing with teams.

But of course we’ve been so bad at recruiting Manny had to pinky promise that he’ll be a boundary corner to get him to come.

Behind a paywall: https://theathletic.com/2873440/202...sive-group/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

Title of article is "How talented are the Miami Hurricanes? NFL, college evaluators say it’s ‘not an impressive group’"

- A Senior Bowl executive this week told The Athletic only three of the preseason players on the watch list — Harris, Ford and Bolden — still have a chance to earn an invite (punter Lou Hedley could also be in the mix) and another veteran NFL personnel person identified only four draft-eligible Hurricanes as worthy of being drafted.

- “The top prospect is Nelson,” the personnel person said. “He’s probably a fourth- or fifth-rounder right now. In my opinion, he needs to go back to school because he’s not good enough. Bolden is an average player, a bad tackler and has questionable speed. Everyone else is a free agent. Not an impressive group. Mallory better go back to school.”

- A near-consensus opinion: Most of Miami’s upperclassmen just aren’t good enough to be more than NFL camp invitees, and from a competitive standpoint, the Hurricanes are at best “a middle-of-the-road ACC team.”

will ferrell anchorman GIF
And yet he keeps playing the underwhelming upper classmen.

Advertisement
Back