At what point do we worry that the staff is not set?

I read CoachingSearch's ticker several times a day and have seen lots of good schools fill up their staffs in the past two weeks. At what point do we worry that CMR is having a problem landing assistants?

PS, I think that I will open the window and jump is NoD is retained..................

September

Advertisement
I understand the importance of getting the right guy, but taking a year off from bringing in the right recruits can be devastating when you are already thin a key spots. The college playoffs doesn't seem to be stopping anyone else, so unless it's an nfl guy, I think there is cause for some concern.

Could you list for us the 2016 signing class members who have declared that they're not interested in UM and will not sign with UM because Richt hasn't hired or announced his staff yet?

These fruitcakes are always nervous and in a rush. Same fruitcakes would have rushed and hired some unemployed bum before Richt became available. How do you nervous chicks know he hasn't already secured agreements with a few guys to join him?

OK I admit using the term "nervous" was a bad choice of words but is the name calling really necessary. Just because you have been on this website longer and may have more posts than most of us doesn't make you smarter.

I am only concerned after the Kehoe hire. Blame it on what you wish, Kehoe has grossly underachieved at the U in his second go around. Hope Dorito is not picked next!!

I understand the importance of getting the right guy, but taking a year off from bringing in the right recruits can be devastating when you are already thin a key spots. The college playoffs doesn't seem to be stopping anyone else, so unless it's an nfl guy, I think there is cause for some concern.

Could you list for us the 2016 signing class members who have declared that they're not interested in UM and will not sign with UM because Richt hasn't hired or announced his staff yet?

Well since I don't know what our DC is looking for in a recruit, mainly because we don't have a DC, NO, I can't.

Advertisement
Waiting this long is a double edged sword. The plus side is you get longer to evaluate the coaches but the bad part is a lot of coaches get picked up And if you don't make an absolute splash hire you'll lose some support from the fan base before you play your first game

How do you know richt hasn't already secured agreements with coaches? I also doubt most of our fans know our whole coaching staff anyway.

He doesn't. If you know something then share. You would think some of you are new to the questions after a new hire.

Come on an rep this site better than what you just wrote. After the golden years you should understand the concern.

You shouldn't be concerned with richt. Unlike golden, he has "big boy" school experience and dozens of coaching contacts. At this point five years ago, Golden was just hired.

I don't expect any hires/rententions to be made until after Miami and/or UGA's bowl game. People need to be cognizant that richt formally got the job about a week ago. Assistants who decide to leave their respective schools need to time to think over the decision as well. Moreover, these assistants could already have agreed upon deals but are waiting til after their bowl season to make the switch. UF's coach was still hiring guys in January. Harbaugh wasn't hired until late December and made all his hires in January.

It's better to wait for Bmac, rocker, and Lilly then rush to hire some guys for recruiting purposes. Most of our staff will be in place by the end of the dead period. There is nothing to gain by rushing. And if you look at what shaq's dad wrote, we had trouble recruiting with the guys we had.

As for your bolded comment, I disagree. Richt knows what he is doing. Al golden did not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP5I4QjobUI

These fruitcakes are always nervous and in a rush. Same fruitcakes would have rushed and hired some unemployed bum before Richt became available. How do you nervous chicks know he hasn't already secured agreements with a few guys to join him?

we'd have butch here for a few years with cristobal as head coach in waiting if it were up to the vocal idiots on the board.
Sad thing is those same numbskulls would still prefer that arrangement.
What if us non-vocal idiots had our way.. I asked him when we he was at my house..He said he already had over 50 calls and 250 emails..about jobs...I trust he knows what he is doing...He also said he didn't want to disrupt what is already going on...He joined the OV recruits out at practice on Saturday...but he stood off as if he was one of us parents watching... He said he wasn't even going out to Texas to watch the game. The current staff is ancy.. they are wanting to know if they are going to be employed on return from Texas. .tough times...like others have already said..He knows already...we don't. We can be patient or continue to make stuff up for our own entertainment. I prefer the latter...So i nominate Brock as Personal Assistant to the HC/Astrological Advisor... I'm playing Brock u know you are my boy.

we'd have butch here for a few years with cristobal as head coach in waiting if it were up to the vocal idiots on the board.

Please enlighten us to who you wanted to be the coach.

Lack of a publicly named DC does not seem bother the three 4* LBs enrolling in January.

Why should it bother me?

Advertisement

What if us non-vocal idiots had our way.. I asked him when we he was at my house..He said he already had over 50 calls and 250 emails..about jobs...I trust he knows what he is doing...He also said he didn't want to disrupt what is already going on...He joined the OV recruits out at practice on Saturday...but he stood off as if he was one of us parents watching... He said he wasn't even going out to Texas to watch the game. The current staff is ancy.. they are wanting to know if they are going to be employed on return from Texas. .tough times...like others have already said..He knows already...we don't. We can be patient or continue to make stuff up for our own entertainment. I prefer the latter...So i nominate Brock as Personal Assistant to the HC/Astrological Advisor... I'm playing Brock u know you are my boy.

Lol it's all good man

Fwiw... Tracy rocker is now following Jorge Baez on Twitter. Rocker,Lily and McClendon would be a nice score.

Mark Richt was hired as HC/CEO of this program. For the time being, there needs to be a level of trust and patience as to the coaching staff he will (wants to) put into place. Better for the right hire than the right now hire.

Not worried at all. If Richt is doing a search for his staff the way he's already recruiting there should be no reason to worry. If anything, he's waiting for bowl games to be played or waiting on NFL targets. For the first time in at least a decade, I am actually fkn pumped about the future!

Advertisement
I am only concerned after the Kehoe hire. Blame it on what you wish, Kehoe has grossly underachieved at the U in his second go around. Hope Dorito is not picked next!!
Kehoe hasn't been hired (yet) and there is a better chance that Nevin Shapiro is hired as our recruiting coordinator than there is of Dorito being retained in any capacity.

Waiting this long is a double edged sword. The plus side is you get longer to evaluate the coaches but the bad part is a lot of coaches get picked up And if you don't make an absolute splash hire you'll lose some support from the fan base before you play your first game

How do you know richt hasn't already secured agreements with coaches? I also doubt most of our fans know our whole coaching staff anyway.

That's 1 of many possibilities.

I guess we'll find out on NSD, which isn't far off.

This site is comedy, but also several posters bring much needed insight. We all come because we enjoy the banter

The Good: A new coach new optimism
The Bad: New Posters, BBB
The Ugly: The fallout of the BBB crowd and now the questioning of everything Coach Richt does in order to begin to divide the fan base

Advertisement
I think it will be a busy week after the bowl games. Miami will probably can whoever they don't plan on retaining after their bowl game. If Richt is looking the college route, he may be eyeing those with teams that may want to stay until after their bowl game before leaving. If he is going the nfl route we would of course have to wait until that teams season is over. Not to concerned at all.

Oh yeah...not knowing their position coach really hurt us with early enrolees....

Not to mention recruits want to know who their position coach is as well.

Advertisement
Back