At what point do we worry that the staff is not set?

TpaBayFlyFisher

World Class Angler
Premium
I read CoachingSearch's ticker several times a day and have seen lots of good schools fill up their staffs in the past two weeks. At what point do we worry that CMR is having a problem landing assistants?

PS, I think that I will open the window and jump is NoD is retained..................

Advertisement
I think a few of his members won't be announced till after the bowl game e.g Lilly, McClendon, and maybe rocker. The fact that he's waited this long for a defensive coordinator tells me he has to be waiting for the nfl season.

I think a lot of it depends on where Richt is looking. Is he focusing on the college ranks or is he looking at pro coaches? The college coaches are available post conference championships. The pro coaches are still off limits. The most desired ones will be off limits until after the playoffs. The rest will
be available after the regular season. What important is that the recruits know that we have a head coach.

Advertisement
He is taking his time.

McClendon and Lilly have offers on the table and are likely to accept.

Rocker is a strong possibility as well.

He is working on the DC who will influence the defensive hires.

1-2 current staff member swill be retained.

More likely much of the staff is set or in discussion and/or are fulfilling current obligations re bowl games, NFL, etc.

Waiting this long is a double edged sword. The plus side is you get longer to evaluate the coaches but the bad part is a lot of coaches get picked up And if you don't make an absolute splash hire you'll lose some support from the fan base before you play your first game

Advertisement
Guarantee you he has a pretty good idea of who will be on his staff. You got to think that Lilly, McClendon and Rocker are coming to Coral Gables. Interestingly enough Barrow was in Orlando watching the State Finals. Why would an NFL assistant come across the country to watch high school football?

I see we've learned nothing from the HC search. We could have hired somebody right away so that you wouldn't have to wait, and that would have been mario or somebody of that caliber. Grow up.

He is taking his time.

McClendon and Lilly have offers on the table and are likely to accept.

Rocker is a strong possibility as well.

He is working on the DC who will influence the defensive hires.

1-2 current staff member swill be retained.

What will be the allocation of pay for these assistants?

Advertisement
I see we've learned nothing from the HC search. We could have hired somebody right away so that you wouldn't have to wait, and that would have been mario or somebody of that caliber. Grow up.

Typical of this fanbase. No patience whatsoever and seemingly no faith in whoever is running the show.

These fruitcakes are always nervous and in a rush. Same fruitcakes would have rushed and hired some unemployed bum before Richt became available. How do you nervous chicks know he hasn't already secured agreements with a few guys to join him?

Richt is going to be the play caller so that is taken care of. It was said when richt was hired that he was looking at guys in the nfl for coordinator spots. Also the bowl game is next week and i think he will start making moves in the next couple of weeks.

Advertisement
I'm guessing going to have to wait a while for this needs people to be open and the season's ending gives a better idea of who will be available.

also needs to really take his time to get the right people no second first impressions. I'll wait for his decision patiently because i'm certainly gonna start gauging him as a coach the moment he has a finalized staff in place.

Soon, calm down buddy

you-need-to-relax.gif

These fruitcakes are always nervous and in a rush. Same fruitcakes would have rushed and hired some unemployed bum before Richt became available. How do you nervous chicks know he hasn't already secured agreements with a few guys to join him?

They don't. They just like to worry.

Yea I'm pretty sure he has some verbal agreements from people

Advertisement
Back