At what point do we worry that the staff is not set?

Oh yeah...not knowing their position coach really hurt us with early enrolees....

Waiting this long is a double edged sword. The plus side is you get longer to evaluate the coaches but the bad part is a lot of coaches get picked up And if you don't make an absolute splash hire you'll lose some support from the fan base before you play your first game

Not to mention recruits want to know who their position coach is as well.

I think he's waiting until after the sun bowl. We'll probably see an announcement that week for the staff. I'm sure he already knows who and has contacted the right people. He just wanted to push until the dead period first

Also foil is right. Richt didn't seem to have a problem closing recruits without them knowing the DC

Although I do strongly think that hurlie brown will be retained so that might have helped secure Shaq, Pinckney, and McCloud

Advertisement
This is from someone who is connected to the program. He posted it on a private forum...don´t shoot the messenger:

I heard from several people around that Richt has struck out with a few top-level DC candidates and that since their philosophies on the 3-4 kind of mesh together that D'Onofrio might get a year under Richt to get it right with a few new assistants.

All of this is because Golden doesn't have a new job yet and D'Onofrio is still under contract and carries a several hundred thousand dollar buyout.

It appears rather than go after someone relatively unproven and change the whole scheme again, it would make more sense to just try to keep some consistency on defense regarding scheme and shake up some of the position coaches.

This is from someone who is connected to the program. He posted it on a private forum...don´t shoot the messenger:

I heard from several people around that Richt has struck out with a few top-level DC candidates and that since their philosophies on the 3-4 kind of mesh together that D'Onofrio might get a year under Richt to get it right with a few new assistants.

All of this is because Golden doesn't have a new job yet and D'Onofrio is still under contract and carries a several hundred thousand dollar buyout.

It appears rather than go after someone relatively unproven and change the whole scheme again, it would make more sense to just try to keep some consistency on defense regarding scheme and shake up some of the position coaches.

They have the money to pay the buyout... I call BS...

JC

Advertisement
This is the worst troll job ever.

Oh yeah...not knowing their position coach really hurt us with early enrolees....

Waiting this long is a double edged sword. The plus side is you get longer to evaluate the coaches but the bad part is a lot of coaches get picked up And if you don't make an absolute splash hire you'll lose some support from the fan base before you play your first game

Not to mention recruits want to know who their position coach is as well.

You read it all the time in recruiting when there is a coaching change. Obviously not all kids react the same way. Thanks for adding nothing.

Yet the meltdown on this site if true... it will be classic.

Advertisement
Dorito will be the first coach cleaning his **** out after the bowl game. If he was retained I would tell any player that is draft eligible to leave even if it meant they would be an UFA.

Richt already said we're running a 4-3

Advertisement

Seems legit.

hqdefault.jpg

Yet the meltdown on this site if true... it will be classic.

If this happens, this is terrible with our program and I will seriously consider committing suicide!!

Advertisement
Interestingly, Richt and D'Onofrio almost crossed paths at Georgia. D'Onofrio was a defensive assistant at Georgia for 1 year in 2000. Richt came the year after. Would be some interesting discussion here if they did cross paths at some point in their coaching careers. LOL

Advertisement
Back