At what point do we worry that the staff is not set?

These fruitcakes are always nervous and in a rush. Same fruitcakes would have rushed and hired some unemployed bum before Richt became available. How do you nervous chicks know he hasn't already secured agreements with a few guys to join him?

we'd have butch here for a few years with cristobal as head coach in waiting if it were up to the vocal idiots on the board.
Sad thing is those same numbskulls would still prefer that arrangement.

Advertisement
PleasantTallCoypu.gif

I think it is very reasonable to be concerned from a defensive recruiting standpoint. I wouldn't let my kids sign with UM without knowing who his coach is going to be. Coach Richt is a nice guy and everything but this is a very important business decision for these young men.

I think it is very reasonable to be concerned from a defensive recruiting standpoint. I wouldn't let my kids sign with UM without knowing who his coach is going to be. Coach Richt is a nice guy and everything but this is a very important business decision for these young men.

It's a dead period

He has a month to get the staff together now

These fruitcakes are always nervous and in a rush. Same fruitcakes would have rushed and hired some unemployed bum before Richt became available. How do you nervous chicks know he hasn't already secured agreements with a few guys to join him?

They don't. They just like to worry.

I really hope most of these posters are old ladies and not adult males. My 98 year old grandma laughs at the hand-wringing and teeth-gnashing on here. She'd choke slam these sissies for being so emotionally frail.

Please don't associate these posters with my gender. Gracias.

Advertisement

It's a dead period

This so called dead period still allows electronic communications. I hardly consider this dead. You can bet other schools are communicating with recruits by all permissible means. Unfortunately, we have to sit on our hands while Richt gets his act together.

January 2 can't come fast enough.

It's a dead period

This so called dead period still allows electronic communications. I hardly consider this dead. You can bet other schools are communicating with recruits by all permissible means. Unfortunately, we have to sit on our hands while Richt gets his act together.

January 2 can't come fast enough.

I think it's evident that he's waiting until certain bowl games have been played and/or the end of the NFL regular season. That whole "y'know, we may have to wait, if the timing's not right" thing speaks volumes.

And while I'm antsy to know, I don't think we're hurting recruiting. The Richt hiring made waves, made headlines, inspired interest in our 'Canes again. If we're hiring a strong staff, I want that to make headlines, as well, and doing so at the very beginning of the new year could give us some nice momentum down the stretch.

I don't want to be accused of being giddy here, but we finally have a coach who is more chess player than checkers player. The next couple of years should inspire more high fives than forehead slappers.

What a bunch of idiots. Read the original question. It is in simple English and uses 6th grade words. "At what point" means when, at what date and time. So, the question most of you have not answered is when should we start to worry, after the NFL regular season, after the CFB playoffs. After every other school fills all of their openings...........

Gesh.

A heterosexual doesn't make a post saying, "At what point do I worry about a ***** entering my colon?".

Your question was wafting thickly with the assumption of facgitry.

Waiting this long is a double edged sword. The plus side is you get longer to evaluate the coaches but the bad part is a lot of coaches get picked up And if you don't make an absolute splash hire you'll lose some support from the fan base before you play your first game

How do you know richt hasn't already secured agreements with coaches? I also doubt most of our fans know our whole coaching staff anyway.

I expect most moves to be made after UGA's bowl game.

Richt said he had three hundred messages from coaches wanting to join him. Now people are worried about him finding assistants?

Bof uh dease.

I'm not worried. I want to know...sure. But we don't know what back-room meetings are being had. Several of these moves made by other programs could have been around Richt's targets saying 'No thanks' to their phone calls because they already have something lined up to come to Miami. Bowl season is here. NFL is still going on.

Richt is focusing on the EEs and current team right now. A lot will probably happen during the dead period, with plenty of time to spare to button up the rest of the recruiting class before NSD.

Advertisement

Only the early enrollees would have arguably been at risk. And we just locked up all of the EE on our radar. Well, Bethel is not yet locked up, but it appears that he is heavily leaning toward UM.

But even if there are recruits at risk, that's far less of a concern than not making the right hire.

What a bunch of idiots. Read the original question. It is in simple English and uses 6th grade words. "At what point" means when, at what date and time. So, the question most of you have not answered is when should we start to worry, after the NFL regular season, after the CFB playoffs. After every other school fills all of their openings...........

Gesh.

A heterosexual doesn't make a post saying, "At what point do I worry about a ***** entering my colon?".

Go stack some ducks that you can suck later................

@radinabulsi Uga rivals reporter
Kirby Smart has met with UGA's coaches from the previous staff and has discussed their future. Didn't care to share the results of course.

Gesh.

If the admins officially name you #1 *****, will you try and grow (oops) beyond the facgitry rhetoric?

Advertisement
I understand the importance of getting the right guy, but taking a year off from bringing in the right recruits can be devastating when you are already thin a key spots. The college playoffs doesn't seem to be stopping anyone else, so unless it's an nfl guy, I think there is cause for some concern.

If it wasn't Richt I'd be worried. This guy knows how to win and people will flock to him. he's not a relatively unknown up and comer who's just building connections. He's arleady got them and is cherrypicking the best.

I wouldn't worry too much until mid January

We already know the offense. Its going to be Richt. He is not going to hire some inexperienced DC and turn everything over to him. He is probably going to hire someone who is HC material past or future. Most likely the guy is hired and either waiting for his season to end, or Richt being classy guy he is, is being respectful to the current staff. Im sure he is selling recruits on what he has planned

Advertisement
We already know the offense. Its going to be Richt. He is not going to hire some inexperienced DC and turn everything over to him. He is probably going to hire someone who is HC material past or future. Most likely the guy is hired and either waiting for his season to end, or Richt being classy guy he is, is being respectful to the current staff. Im sure he is selling recruits on what he has planned

1)17yrs olds aren't known for their discretion, so I doubt they know anything.

2) the "classy guy" thing is a part of my concern. In this business, being an A-hole gets you multiple NCs. Case in point, Urban and Saban. Being classy and respectfull gets you fired. Case in point, Richt.

Gesh.

he would if he is serving 25-60 at Leavenworth. Just sayin'

Advertisement
Back