At this time last year

Advertisement
At this time last year, we had what?

Darling
Yearby
Linder
Rudolph

With KC McDermott imminent? Yeah, we are ****ing killing it this year.

this time last year FSU had who...???

Once again a baby can be made between now and NSD next year because it is that long away. Ok quick question to everybody who did Bama, Auburn, UF, FSU, LSU, Michigan, Ohio St and Texas have at this time? Cant wait for the answers

Darling
Yearby
Linder
Rudolph

Once again a baby can be made between now and NSD next year because it is that long away. Ok quick question to everybody who did Bama, Auburn, UF, FSU, LSU, Michigan, Ohio St and Texas have at this time? Cant wait for the answers
Out of those schools bama had lots of talent early. So did fsu and osu. The rest came on late.

Darling
Yearby
Linder
Rudolph

That's what is even more ****ed up. The last 2 cycles we've **** the bed towards the end after starting relatively well. This cycle we are getting an early start on the **** show.

We're not killing recruiting this year, but we're not exactly setting the world on fire either.

I think some of the friendlier local dominoes will fall after spring ball is over (HS, not college) and through the summer. The on the fence guys will probably need to see us upgrade our play on the field, and that list is longer than it should be due to the 2nd half of last season.

There's no reason for endless optimism and there's no reason to be a fatalistic mope. We have a great amount of potential for success and for failure. This is truly a make or break year for the program's future.

Advertisement

Darling
Yearby
Linder
Rudolph

That's what is even more ****ed up. The last 2 cycles we've **** the bed towards the end after starting relatively well. This cycle we are getting an early start on the **** show.

You didnt answer my question

Last year at this time....we liked Olsen and our recruiting gurus were licking their wounds after a brutal beating and Pete had one screen name for here and one for the WEZ.

stay tuned

Let's ******* hope so....13 three stars and a pipeline to New Jersey ain't gonna get us where we want to go.

This time last year we all also thought there was no way we'd strike out on Cook AND Sony. The fact of the matter is Golden has been an absolute disappointment as a gameday coach, and a relative disappointment as a recruiter. We all thought the latter would help overcome his weakness in regards to the former.

I'm sorry...but we need to keep the ELITE talent home. That is the only thing that matters.

Last edited:
I get that we all want the studs, but the whole point of the thread is that in April no one knows anything about anything, and nothing that these kids say means ****. So why freak out and make the board unreadable...almost as bad as Grassy got...for anything resembling a reasonable fan?

Advertisement
Well at leasat we are in the top 25 in some poll...Recruiting...

but we really need to turn it up from here until August...

I get that we all want the studs, but the whole point of the thread is that in April no one knows anything about anything, and nothing that these kids say means ****. So why freak out and make the board unreadable...almost as bad as Grassy got...for anything resembling a reasonable fan?

I can't speak for everyone but I'm not basing my comments on where we are as of April. I'm basing my comments on both what has gone on here over the last 10 years with an emphasis on what has gone on specifically during Golden's tenure.

We continue to lose on a ton of local elite talent...and in many cases to our rivals. The man can't coach for crap but I thought he would at least mitigate that deficiency by killing it in recruiting.

So it doesn't matter if it's April, September, or February....history tends to repreat itself when it's the same guy (s) at the helm.

Advertisement
Miami recruits itself. Half the dudes we signed last year and this cycle were die hard canes. So we've been signing guys who already wanted to be here.

Kc
Braxton
Chad
Darling
Linder
Langham
Jackson
Mayes
Smith
McCray
Would all have been here regardless of HC.
Coley brought Kaaya and Yearby.

This school will always attract some top players. It's not a knock on Golden it's just reality. This is a great place to coach due to location and talent base.

Last edited:
95.jpg

Advertisement
**** it who cares anymore, it's not like anyone is losing their job anytime soon. Welcome to purgatory you *****

Advertisement
Back