At this time last year

Advertisement
At this time last year, we had what?

Darling
Yearby
Linder
Rudolph

With KC McDermott imminent? Yeah, we are ******* killing it this year.

and we didnt get Cook Lane or Dixon. also Rudolph was committed to us iirc. we didnt get him either

Cook, Lane and Rudolph went to the National Champs. Dixon who attended an Urban Liar feeder school went to... OSU?

Can't lose what you never had in the first place. As the wins keep increasing "numbers don't lie" the elite talent will increase with it. Full mope ahead Biglip....

Can't lose what you never had? Rudolph was our commit and then dropped us. Doesn't that fit the description of losing what you had at one point?

147.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm not worked up about how this year is goin so far, but you can't compare it to last year at all. I understand that you're trying to get across that recruiting changes over the course of eleven months, but people are gonna ***** no matter what so might as well sit back like a ***** and take it.

So Pete, was Archibald the domino?

I think people have expressed that "The Franchise" would be that major domino. Not understating the importance of Archibald committing, but he isn't a SFLA guy with a lot of connections to top tier talent.

Advertisement
You are a jag.

I'm not writing off anybody...but someone should screenshot the posters who talk ****. Let's see if they eat their crow...

and we didnt get Cook Lane or Dixon. also Rudolph was committed to us iirc. we didnt get him either

Cook, Lane and Rudolph went to the National Champs. Dixon who attended an Urban Liar feeder school went to... OSU?

Can't lose what you never had in the first place. As the wins keep increasing "numbers don't lie" the elite talent will increase with it. Full mope ahead Biglip....

Can't lose what you never had? Rudolph was our commit and then dropped us. Doesn't that fit the description of losing what you had at one point?

Don't even know why you would respond to a poster that when not posting here spends his time eating crayons as a hobby. The 'you can't lose what you never had' line is just another in a long line of ***** made excuses. Ibis was probably one of those that tried to tell everyone that Raheem Buxton was gonna be a steal for us......

Advertisement
Honestly the only JAG i see is mahoney, all these other commits look solid to me

You are correct but that isn't the issue though. We are supposed to be way past the JAG part and we are for the most part, but the game in general elevates if we want this program to be great again. We need difference makers everywhere, not just players who are good enough to avoid JAG labels. OL is tricky so can't hate to much, but our start to this class is pathetic compared to our starts the last two years. Hopefully it means that our close/finish will be different this year also.......

Honestly the only JAG i see is mahoney, all these other commits look solid to me

You are correct but that isn't the issue though. We are supposed to be way past the JAG part and we are for the most part, but the game in general elevates if we want this program to be great again. We need difference makers everywhere, not just players who are good enough to avoid JAG labels. OL is tricky so can't hate to much, but our start to this class is pathetic compared to our starts the last two years. Hopefully it means that our close/finish will be different this year also.......

im with you we shouldnt be getting any JAGS but this kid does have some potential, so you take him now and see how he does his senior season, if he sucks drop his offer, its not like he is a local kid that will cause a scene with the dropping (even though that is way overblown and kids dont really care), but if the kid blows up and shows that he will contribute you have a stud in your class, i think this is the case with most of our recruits

to add, every cycle is different, we arent going to get all the kids early in the process, i think everyone is still stuck with how last year we got a lot of studs early on, we will get those different makers everyone just got to be patient

Advertisement
This once awesome board had turned to ****

Its called realistic, when this board started we had a new coach who mostly everyone gave a chance. Of course it was more positive then, then we started losing multiple blue chip recruits who pretty much had apartments on ums campus (guys we r suppose 2 get 2 get back to dominance). Then season after season our d is terrible n of course the coach gets blamebut for xs n os when its actually the recruiting thats held us back. When golden hired Ice that should tell u he thinks n knows hes losing the recruiting battles in sfla thats common sense, i like the hire but i think the problem is deeper than coachn. UM of the early 2000's will never b in this age of cfb because of the culture n the games that is sfla hsfb, butch was pretty much my last hope. I always said if ag cant fix it no one will because hes considered a great recruiter by many n hes having trouble here at um, that should tell u more aboutt he program than coaching,n u kno um will not hire a big name coach. we may b negative but like me im not purposely doing it to rustle, im just stating my opinion n 9 years of proof.

Last edited:
The point of the thread is that it is useless to get worked up about a recruiting class in March. And yet the thread has degenerated into screaming about the recruiting class in March. All time classic.

Advertisement
Back