At first I was disappointed, but now I am...

Rumph - 3
Simpson - 2 counting Ga St.
Patke - 1
Banda - 3

So our entire defensive staff has a COMBINED 9 years of P5 coaching experience

Meanwhile we didn’t even try to hire Corey Raymond (10yrs + elite recruiting) or any of the Georgia or Alabama positional coaches

Just when I think Mark Richt can’t make me hate him anymore......

I don’t know how our NFL alumni aren’t roasting Richt right now

Advertisement
It means coach richt doesnt mind someone helping him, jess simpson has earned his stripes. And the fact of the matter is this, this overall defense didnt become elite under this crew until coach simpson got here. Coach rumph and banda already had the secondary on point, and one of the things that's important to understand is this, coach rumph has already been a successful headcoach, jess simpson has already been a successful headcoach, both of those guys impacts as headcoaches has already translated to UM. Coach richt is big on staff unity and its a smart move cause one, when it works, these guys will continue to get national recognition, but will be unlikely approached by other programs.

The powers that be dont want UM strong again so the 2 areas they are going to concentrate on is, paying top dollar to keep elite o-lineman away from here, and poach the coaching staff. This move will definitely keep things steady, about the only guy that would've made sense to bring in was coach shannon, cause he prefers to be here. And when coach shannon is at a program that is run correctly, his guys continue to play at a high level and get to the league as well. But he maybe settled in with UCF for now though.
Are you saying you believe Rickets is open minded to making necessary changes on all 3 sides of the ball?

In Mark Richt's Mediocre Bible Thumping Mind, he is opening doors for Coaches that would normally have to work their asses off for 10+ years to achieve Defensive Coordinator positions. Richt has the following coaching criteria:

A. Married
B. Very Religious
C. Mild Mannered Yes Men

Banda and Patke fit the criteria.

So, why should Banda and Patke have to wait 10+ years?

1. They will try really hard.
2. They will continue Richt's evangelism mission.
3. THEY WILL NOT INSIST THAT 1s SCRIMMAGE AGAINST 1s.
4. After losses, Banda and Patke will not take subtle shots at the offense like Manny Diaz did.
5. Most importantly, Banda and Patke know they won the lottery. So, they will be loyal to a fault.

Remember, Richt poached FSU's NC winning DC, Jeremy Pruitt. When Pruitt arrived at UGA, he observed and let it be known that the UGA program was Soft from the Top to Bottom. Richt wasn't going down that road again. He had to maintain the status quo.

Advertisement
In Mark Richt's Mediocre Bible Thumping Mind, he is opening doors for Coaches that would normally have to work their asses off for 10+ years to achieve Defensive Coordinator positions. Richt has the following coaching criteria:

A. Married
B. Very Religious
C. Mild Mannered Yes Men

Banda and Patke fit the criteria.

So, why should Banda and Patke have to wait 10+ years?

1. They will try really hard.
2. They will continue Richt's evangelism mission.
3. THEY WILL NOT INSIST THAT 1s SCRIMMAGE AGAINST 1s.
4. After losses, Banda and Patke will not take subtle shots at the offense like Manny Diaz did.
5. Most importantly, Banda and Patke know they won the lottery. So, they will be loyal to a fault.

Remember, Richt poached FSU's NC winning DC, Jeremy Pruitt. When Pruitt arrived at UGA, he observed and let it be known that the UGA program was Soft from the Top to Bottom. Richt wasn't going down that road again. He had to maintain the status quo.

Oh you guys and your well thought but inaccurate posts. Your better than comedians on youtube.

This school and this so-called football team are dead to me.

Then stop posting...seriously, you have said this statement in various ways over and over again. We get it, your not happy. Life's too short for you to be this miserable. Bama's bandwagon still has room for you. Good luck friend.

Mork Richt would be better off with a church youth group. But, that doesn't make him any money so he's at Miami, stealing millions from the school with his gawd awful coaching.

Advertisement
at least these guys, are familiar with the scheme.... not much else to hang our hat on with "national search" over so fast
at least is wasn't Willie martinez,T.Tuberville . Logical conclusion is a HR OC hire is in offing will not happen
hire still seems lazy program reflects the Deacon RIP personality... next couple of years we will not beat anybody thats well coached Gators in opener and will lose 1 or 2 games coming out flat.. like GT,BC,Va.past year
if their is a silver lining it is in fact that this was B.James HR hire!?
so once the Deacon goes on an extended Missionary trip, no in way in **** i let someone like James make this decision again?
decision on baseball coach was bad, B-Ball jury still out and football is looking disastrous .
still stunned JJ is not consulted at length on any decision regarding football.....

at least these guys, are familiar with the scheme.... not much else to hang our hat on with "national search" over so fast
at least is wasn't Willie martinez,T.Tuberville . Logical conclusion is a HR OC hire is in offing will not happen
hire still seems lazy program reflects the Deacon RIP personality... next couple of years we will not beat anybody thats well coached Gators in opener and will lose 1 or 2 games coming out flat.. like GT,BC,Va.past year
if their is a silver lining it is in fact that this was B.James HR hire!?
so once the Deacon goes on an extended Missionary trip, no in way in **** i let someone like James make this decision again?
decision on baseball coach was bad, B-Ball jury still out and football is looking disastrous .
still stunned JJ is not consulted at length on any decision regarding football.....

The scheme that gets shredded every time we play an offense with a pulse.

Okay....5-7 in 2019.

Let me know when we hire offensive help. I could give 0 fux what we do on the D’s side of the ball, that’s not our issue. Give me some dude who can design plays and we dance our way to the ACC title game every year. Easy as that!

Advertisement
I am not thrilled with the way this went down, or the choice with co-DCs, but he did succeed in keeping by many accounts two very good recruiters and kept a very good D-Line coach who was a defensive minded head coach on the HS level. Another possibility this choice of action provides is a way to bring in an OC hire that everyone seems to want. Lets hope Mark does this, but I am not holding my breath.
Agree, don't announce your initiating a nationwide search and then don't only after you realize Banda, Patke were considering joining Diaz and Simpson was probably getting offers. Looks very amaturish on Richt's part.

There’s no doubt in my mind that Richt will leave off things worse for Miami than Golden did at the time of his firing.

I’m 50 years old man. How many more years you think I got left? At this rate, I’ll never see another championship
LMFAO.

I'm right there with you. I thought when the Dolphins lost to the 49 ers that Marino was going to get us back to the super bowl at least 1/2 doz. times. Ugh

Advertisement
The title of this thread has this **** stuck in my head now. I may rollerskate over to Rick's house wearing a sequin bodysuit blasting this on a boombox at 3am. Blake will probably jump from the bushes screaming "That's my jam!".

Are you saying you believe Rickets is open minded to making necessary changes on all 3 sides of the ball?

If necessary and for the oc screaming party, if it gets to the point where we need an oc, he'll hire one, but its not the play calls, its the execution, offense takes time when you in rebuilding mode, and if perry starts playing more consistent, cause he has all the physical talent, its upstairs where he can separate himself, if he does that, he'll have real good success here, if not, next man up. Remember it wasnt until ken dorsey took the helm, got knock around some early, but everything lse was already in place for him and that offense grew together and took off. Right now, we got an offense that has to grow together, barring injury, next year will be the first year of the new wave offensive crew growing together, and we'll start seeing signs of being a force to be reckoned with on offense come next year as long as perry continues too feed off those embarrassing perfomances he had against UVA and pitt! So now with jess simpson being able to take some of the headcoaching load/duties off of coach richt's plate, coach richt will be able to focus even more on the offense.

Advertisement
Back