At first I was disappointed, but now I am...

Godzillatron-football-sign-generator.jpg

Advertisement
Let’s see how Banda and Patke do as defensive coordinators before we judge them
We should already have known how the did before they were hired.

Coordinators at a major program need to have honed their craft at smaller schools.

We have DCs who’ve never called a game of made in game adjustments. Crazy.

laughing very hard.. Seriously, what did we have reason to think Mark Richt aka Al Golden 2.0 would do? Hire someone that was qualified to run the defense? No, he did what he does. He made a lazy hire. He went with inexperience.

They say when you have two QBs you really do not have any. So, since we have Co-Defensive Coordinators, we really do not have any. Look on the bright side, our Co-Defensive Coordinators have a combined 4 years of Collegiate Experience. Yippee. Our Associate Head Coach has 1 year of collegiate experience. Yay.

And some of you will try your best to shine this sh*t up, but you can't get rid of that stink. National Search????

In closing, Mark Richt just told the Program and Fans to Kiss His MFing ***. Poor Mike Rumph. By his actions, Richt basically told the guy he wasn't sh*t. ****....

2019: 5-7

I'd like you better if you didn't so clearly love how fcked up Miami is right now.

Sunny boy, I skipped all the pages. We have an experienced coach that made a great decision. #watchthefinish

Advertisement
This isn’t a bad move. The defense was amazing. Banda and Padke are considered up and comers in the coaching ranks. I’m ok with giving them their shot and seeing if we can finally hit gold. Now the problem will be how long will Richt give them if there is slippage. The standard is a top 10’defense. If they are in the 30s this year ok you give them another year, hopefully they figured it out. If they are in the 50s or worst it should be immediate firing and hiring someone with experience that is where I get concerned with Richt. He doesn’t have a standard.

Advertisement
We have an OC (Richt) and co-DCs that would not be hired in their current roles at any other P5 program in the nation.

Sort of OT, but we also have a head baseball coach who falls in the same category.

It will be interesting how people like you will feel when Miami kicks the crap out of the weak *** teams on the 2019 schedule.

Will you root and be happy that Miami rebounded with a good season or will it be more of the same bit*hing and say things like "if we played a better offense we would lose" or my favorite "We're winning in spite of Richt. Can't you all see that?"

I look forward to finding out.
1Bxs.gif

I want someone to explain to me why it was necessary to:

1. Keep Patke
2. Make him co-DC

Go ahead, show me tangible reasons why

Advertisement
I thought it was a lazy hire too, but then realized that though seemingly a C level staff, they really aren't that bad. In fact, the two worse performing staff members, are on offense, not defense, and have the same last name. So there is a chance that the trend will continue, of staff members not named Richt, performing surprisingly well.

The F does this even mean? Anybody believe it? Rickets quote:

Being a long-time head coach himself, Coach Simpson can also assist me with big picture initiatives for our program.

Advertisement
The F does this even mean? Anybody believe it? Rickets quote:

Being a long-time head coach himself, Coach Simpson can also assist me with big picture initiatives for our program.

It means coach richt doesnt mind someone helping him, jess simpson has earned his stripes. And the fact of the matter is this, this overall defense didnt become elite under this crew until coach simpson got here. Coach rumph and banda already had the secondary on point, and one of the things that's important to understand is this, coach rumph has already been a successful headcoach, jess simpson has already been a successful headcoach, both of those guys impacts as headcoaches has already translated to UM. Coach richt is big on staff unity and its a smart move cause one, when it works, these guys will continue to get national recognition, but will be unlikely approached by other programs.

The powers that be dont want UM strong again so the 2 areas they are going to concentrate on is, paying top dollar to keep elite o-lineman away from here, and poach the coaching staff. This move will definitely keep things steady, about the only guy that would've made sense to bring in was coach shannon, cause he prefers to be here. And when coach shannon is at a program that is run correctly, his guys continue to play at a high level and get to the league as well. But he maybe settled in with UCF for now though.

I am all for 2 DCs when you hire quality guys like OSU did. I am not fine with having 2 bums as our DCs.

Listen we have no idea if they’re going to be bums or not, they’re very green though and if you were going to have 2 DC one would think at least one guy would have some experience.

Richt panicked and made a quick hire to appease recruits and likely also realized no good DC is going to come here with the state of the offense.

Advertisement
Back