Assistant coaches badmouthing UM's recruiting tactics

They had it easy the last 4 years because of the ncaa ... Its over the cloud is gone the sun is shining on coral gables .... Golden one of the best recuriters in the country in south fla its over!!!! Good luck

Advertisement
I've been waiting for UM to do this for years. It was infuriating listening to Shannon whine about how schools like LSU would come down here and break rules, but then claim he wouldn't turn anybody in. **** that. If you have dirt on these schools, turn them in. LMAO @ how butt hurt those assistants are.

Reality is Shannon wasn't gonna say anything because he knows how the game was played. Shannon took some guys Meyer wanted badly doing the same types of things (contact during dead periods, etc.- that was the accusation with Ray Ray anyway). On the grand scaled its just not that big of a deal which is why other teams don't typically report each other for that stuff.

Now on the major stuff I agree Miami should report it. When Trent Richardson came out Meyer practically pitched a tent at dudes house and when he lost him he was visibly annoyed and talked about how there were 'outside forces.' Months later Richardson's entire family is moved to Bama and he's living in a house with his girl and kids. I personally would have reported it. And when it comes to people like LSU who are notorious for shady **** (like I know for a fact they had somebody take Peterson's test) then yep it should be reported. But a lot of times you basically get ****ed by the 'community' because they feel like your putting kids eligibility at risk. It's a lose-lose situation.

I've been waiting for UM to do this for years. It was infuriating listening to Shannon whine about how schools like LSU would come down here and break rules, but then claim he wouldn't turn anybody in. **** that. If you have dirt on these schools, turn them in. LMAO @ how butt hurt those assistants are.

Reality is Shannon wasn't gonna say anything because he knows how the game was played. Shannon took some guys Meyer wanted badly doing the same types of things (contact during dead periods, etc.- that was the accusation with Ray Ray anyway). On the grand scaled its just not that big of a deal which is why other teams don't typically report each other for that stuff.

Now on the major stuff I agree Miami should report it. When Trent Richardson came out Meyer practically pitched a tent at dudes house and when he lost him he was visibly annoyed and talked about how there were 'outside forces.' Months later Richardson's entire family is moved to Bama and he's living in a house with his girl and kids. I personally would have reported it. And when it comes to people like LSU who are notorious for shady **** (like I know for a fact they had somebody take Peterson's test) then yep it should be reported. But a lot of times you basically get ****ed by the 'community' because they feel like your putting kids eligibility at risk. It's a lose-lose situation.

You don't know jack **** about what other teams "typically report." Furthermore, no one cares where you personally draw the big-enough-to-report-the-violation-to-the-NCAAA line.

And your "what about the kid's eligibility?!?!!!" falls flatly on its face. Firstly, unless the recruit is accepting cash or gifts, it's the coach and program who gets nailed. And if he is accepting cash or gifts, that's the risk the recruit made by engaging in that sort of deal. And finally, the "community" in SoFla doesn't seem too upset regarding this so-called "lose-lose" situation -- we're on a roll on the recruiting trail, specifically in the "community."

Your team cheated, and your team got caught. Just be pleased your program isn't under investigation for two years as the NCAA struggles to determine if Ridley ordered the lobster or the steak.

Plus because his bump was so obviously intentional (they all are, but this guy was caught at an expensive dinner with the kid SMH LOL) there was a chance the penalties would have been more severe, including Muschamp being suspended for a game. So you can obviously see why it didn't go over well.

If it was a dinner, then it wasn't a bump. It was blatant illegal contact. I doubt anyone would have made an issue of Jokebook bumping into a recruit in the hall of his HS and having a couple words with him.

I like how scoundrels are now trying to stretch a "bump" into a scheduled dinner. Why not just call illegal visits to recruits' houses "bumps"?

Advertisement

You don't know jack **** about what other teams "typically report." Furthermore, no one cares where you personally draw the big-enough-to-report-the-violation-to-the-NCAAA line.

And your "what about the kid's eligibility?!?!!!" falls flatly on its face. Firstly, unless the recruit is accepting cash or gifts, it's the coach and program who gets nailed. And if he is accepting cash or gifts, that's the risk the recruit made by engaging in that sort of deal. And finally, the "community" in SoFla doesn't seem too upset regarding this so-called "lose-lose" situation -- we're on a roll on the recruiting trail, specifically in the "community."

Your team cheated, and your team got caught. Just be pleased your program isn't under investigation for two years as the NCAA struggles to determine if Ridley ordered the lobster or the steak.

LOL, what are you even talking about?

You're aware schools report hundreds of secondary violations per year correct? Rivals don't even bother wasting time reporting them because A. they're insignificant and result in no penalties and B. the schools report them themselves anyway. Again major schools literally report hundreds of these violations per year. Kiffin had an outrageous number for example.

Secondly, concerning the eligibility comment, that is not my take on the situation. For example when this entire thing happened people were talking about how it was petty they put a kid's eligibility at stake over a secondary violation. Isn't that where the 'Miami will be banned from HS campuses' started? And then you have this article. If you don't agree with how assistants will view it then take it up with them, I'm just telling you what's been said. I agree that if a kid is doing something dirty then that's his own fault.

Thirdly, why are you talking about Miami's recruiting success? Who here said Miami hasn't been recruiting well? My 'community' comment was in general, I gave you specific examples of shady **** that is known to have happened that weren't reported. I'm not even sure where you're going with that. You seem argumentative and for what reason I don't know. If this turns into something major and gets Muschamp fired then all the better, I'm not a fan of his.

Last edited:

Perfect!

Plus because his bump was so obviously intentional (they all are, but this guy was caught at an expensive dinner with the kid SMH LOL) there was a chance the penalties would have been more severe, including Muschamp being suspended for a game. So you can obviously see why it didn't go over well.

If it was a dinner, then it wasn't a bump. It was blatant illegal contact. I doubt anyone would have made an issue of Jokebook bumping into a recruit in the hall of his HS and having a couple words with him.

I like how scoundrels are now trying to stretch a "bump" into a scheduled dinner. Why not just call illegal visits to recruits' houses "bumps"?

Franchise,

They're all blatant LOL, that was my point. I'm not disputing that at all. But that's the case for all these 'bumps' by every school. These coaches know where recruits hang out and where to meet them. A lot of the times the HS coaches are arranging the contact. You think these coaches are driving to other towns and just accidentally running into kids? The only difference is there usually isn't any cameras around to record the contact, like there was in this case. Especially at a luxury restaurant.

Joker was dumb and got caught up.

Its awesome and refreshing to hear that our staff is actually doing their job, cause as already posted, if they are *****ing and complaining about what and how you are doing it, it mean s you are doing it right. Pete Carroll, Urban Meyer, Dumbo, Les Miles, Saban, they are accused of being dirty all the time and they win ships. Frank Beamer and coaches like him do it the right way and well, they are a contender once every decade.

Also why the fvck would UF need to find an excuse to fire a coach? If you arent happy about an employee that you are paying 100s of thousands of dollars, you need an excuse? Miami dug up some dirt that could have been very detrimental to UF, UF had to part ways and was ****ed off because we broke a unwritten code. So what, recruiting is dirty, its the nature of the game. Lastly, what is this talk about lively hood? Am I supposed to believe that Joker Phillip's possible inability to land a job elsewhere, is because of some small violation? C'mon now, him not getting a job instantly would because of one of two things, he is over the hill when it comes to his skills, or he did something that bad that nobody wants him.

Advertisement
This is the best news I have heard in years. The simple explanation is THEY ARE SCARED out of their panties! Even better, the implication I get from it is that Al has had enough of being the nice dude who gets his rear reamed and has started to fight back. Now if he just brings the same crap onto the field, then all will be well. Little sissy SEC, OSU and FSU girls can't take the heat. First we will take the recruits, then we come for their souls and leave with their women. I want mean, nasty, dirty angry Al.

The interesting thing to me is why SI is reporting this? For one its old news, and secondly the entire article was framed in a way that made it look like Miami did something. This whole thing is just petty and overblown.

Franchise,

They're all blatant LOL, that was my point. I'm not disputing that at all. But that's the case for all these 'bumps' by every school. These coaches know where recruits hang out and where to meet them. A lot of the times the HS coaches are arranging the contact. You think these coaches are driving to other towns and just accidentally running into kids? The only difference is there usually isn't any cameras around to record the contact, like there was in this case. Especially at a luxury restaurant.

Joker was dumb and got caught up.

The fact you think Joker was doing all this without Muschamp's knowledge is hilarious.

Did I say he wasn't? It's like you read what I type and purposefully ignore it. My very first post says 'his bump was so obviously intentional.' What else would that mean except Joker and the staff purposefully set this meeting up?

Advertisement
These were obviously the same assistants whose recruiting success against was telling kids how bad UM was and that we were going to get the Death Penalty. That was their claim to recruiting fame with their schools. Now that that NCAA leverage is missing, they trying to explain away the lack of recruiting success for top talent. As my daddy used to say, "Aint no fun when the Rabbit got the Gun"

lets not forget- Gator coaches using the deaths of Pata and Tay Tay to scare recruits away from Miami.. I think that is the lowest it can go..and I was not surprised it this no moral fear tactic came from gainesville.

Did I say he wasn't? It's like you read what I type and purposefully ignore it. My very first post says 'his bump was so obviously intentional.' What else would that mean except Joker and the staff purposefully set this meeting up?

Because you make it sound like Joker did this on his own. Your own words "Joker was dumb and got caught up."

I'll spell this out. Muschamp sends Joker down to meet with Ridley, meeting happens. Joker gets caught in pretty serious recruiting violation that could create trouble for Muschamp. Muschamp makes Joker the fall guy and fires him. UF's people sends out message that Joker was on the way out anyway to help and protect their image.

Advertisement

Because you make it sound like Joker did this on his own. Your own words "Joker was dumb and got caught up."

I'll spell this out. Muschamp sends Joker down to meet with Ridley, meeting happens. Joker gets caught in pretty serious recruiting violation that could create trouble for Muschamp. Muschamp makes Joker the fall guy and fires him. UF's people sends out message that Joker was on the way out anyway to help and protect their image.

No, that's just your interpretation of it. I focus on Joker because he's the subject of the article basically. The head coach controls every aspect of recruiting, I have no doubt he was sent down there for the meeting. He got caught up because he handled his business stupidly. And as I've said before he was just the fall guy, they needed a reason to get rid of him and this violation definitely gave them a reason. It removed Muschamp from the violation.

Last edited:
I'm going to write this then a mod needs to lock the thread.

Muthaphucc the rest of college football ALL of them Snitch call the cops whatever has to be done for us to win.

I hope we not worried about what the competition thinks of us. FUC THEY MAMAS FUC THEY GRANDMA'S
FUC THEY NEW BORN KIDS I DON'T CARE ABOUT NOTHING THAT'S NOT HELPING US WIN I WANT WIN

Here is my take on this, and I said some of this when it first happened.

UM has been ****ed as f*ck at UF and Muschimp for a while. Golden all but OOZED contempt at UF over the way they negatively recruited against us during the NCAA sh*t.

Then the sh*t with Powell happened in Jan where he flipped at the 11th hour just before enrolling. And it came out he had been having some "contact" with TRob. I think UM got ****ed as **** over that Powell thing and decided to take the gloves off, so they went at the most obvious UF coach down here flaunting rules, and blew him up.

Im sure it stunned a lot of people, and put a lot of concern into other coaches that recruit SoFla, in ADDITION to the street hustlers that work for them.

BUT there is more. I think hiring Ice Harris has really changed the "vibe" around So Fla. Between dropping a dime on Joker, and hiring Ice to start **** blocking outside coaches, I think they are ****ed. Its no longer open season in SoFla. I also HIGHLY suspect, that someone has put the heat on some of the street agents, and I suspect it went out through Ice. Its WAY too coincidental that Genron is now suddenly all Mr. pro UM and sh8t.

Whatever has happened, there has definitely been a "shake up" in So Fla recruiting. UM has definitely come out swinging. Putting outside assistants and street hustlers on notice that the good old days are over.

ONE FINAL note.

Im very interested in how this Valentine situation may fit into all this. The rumors have been that its Bama that challenged it with the SEC. Specifically Bama's So Fla Recruiting Coordinator, who happens to be???? And who is good friends with????

Coley may just be playing some ball busting world class chess with some programs and hustlers out there. Maybe that was another shot at Champangat and Genron about what happens when you sell a player to L$U and betray the "family".

Here is my take on this, and I said some of this when it first happened.

UM has been ****ed as f*ck at UF and Muschimp for a while. Golden all but OOZED contempt at UF over the way they negatively recruited against us during the NCAA sh*t.

Then the sh*t with Powell happened in Jan where he flipped at the 11th hour just before enrolling. And it came out he had been having some "contact" with TRob. I think UM got ****ed as **** over that Powell thing and decided to take the gloves off, so they went at the most obvious UF coach down here flaunting rules, and blew him up.

Im sure it stunned a lot of people, and put a lot of concern into other coaches that recruit SoFla, in ADDITION to the street hustlers that work for them.

BUT there is more. I think hiring Ice Harris has really changed the "vibe" around So Fla. Between dropping a dime on Joker, and hiring Ice to start **** blocking outside coaches, I think they are ****ed. Its no longer open season in SoFla. I also HIGHLY suspect, that someone has put the heat on some of the street agents, and I suspect it went out through Ice. Its WAY too coincidental that Genron is now suddenly all Mr. pro UM and sh8t.

Whatever has happened, there has definitely been a "shake up" in So Fla recruiting. UM has definitely come out swinging. Putting outside assistants and street hustlers on notice that the good old days are over.

ONE FINAL note.

Im very interested in how this Valentine situation may fit into all this. The rumors have been that its Bama that challenged it with the SEC. Specifically Bama's So Fla Recruiting Coordinator, who happens to be???? And who is good friends with????

Coley may just be playing some ball busting world class chess with some programs and hustlers out there. Maybe that was another shot at Champangat and Genron about what happens when you sell a player to L$U and betray the "family".

Very interesting. When does the movie come out?

Advertisement
Back