Assistant coaches badmouthing UM's recruiting tactics

I am happy in direct proportion the degree the turds are mad. It's the circle of life. Right now I am trending very happy.

Advertisement
I've been waiting for UM to do this for years. It was infuriating listening to Shannon whine about how schools like LSU would come down here and break rules, but then claim he wouldn't turn anybody in. **** that. If you have dirt on these schools, turn them in. LMAO @ how butt hurt those assistants are.

Reality is Shannon wasn't gonna say anything because he knows how the game was played. Shannon took some guys Meyer wanted badly doing the same types of things (contact during dead periods, etc.- that was the accusation with Ray Ray anyway). On the grand scaled its just not that big of a deal which is why other teams don't typically report each other for that stuff.

Now on the major stuff I agree Miami should report it. When Trent Richardson came out Meyer practically pitched a tent at dudes house and when he lost him he was visibly annoyed and talked about how there were 'outside forces.' Months later Richardson's entire family is moved to Bama and he's living in a house with his girl and kids. I personally would have reported it. And when it comes to people like LSU who are notorious for shady **** (like I know for a fact they had somebody take Peterson's test) then yep it should be reported. But a lot of times you basically get ****ed by the 'community' because they feel like your putting kids eligibility at risk. It's a lose-lose situation.

Sorry killa but I don't really care at all about your opinion about this. I hope UM reports every teeny-tiny violation they find that UF commits until the end of time. UF is free to do the same.

I've been waiting for UM to do this for years. It was infuriating listening to Shannon whine about how schools like LSU would come down here and break rules, but then claim he wouldn't turn anybody in. **** that. If you have dirt on these schools, turn them in. LMAO @ how butt hurt those assistants are.

Reality is Shannon wasn't gonna say anything because he knows how the game was played. Shannon took some guys Meyer wanted badly doing the same types of things (contact during dead periods, etc.- that was the accusation with Ray Ray anyway). On the grand scaled its just not that big of a deal which is why other teams don't typically report each other for that stuff.

Now on the major stuff I agree Miami should report it. When Trent Richardson came out Meyer practically pitched a tent at dudes house and when he lost him he was visibly annoyed and talked about how there were 'outside forces.' Months later Richardson's entire family is moved to Bama and he's living in a house with his girl and kids. I personally would have reported it. And when it comes to people like LSU who are notorious for shady **** (like I know for a fact they had somebody take Peterson's test) then yep it should be reported. But a lot of times you basically get ****ed by the 'community' because they feel like your putting kids eligibility at risk. It's a lose-lose situation.

Sorry killa but I don't really care at all about your opinion about this. I hope UM reports every teeny-tiny violation they find that UF commits until the end of time. UF is free to do the same.

Don't disagree my man, its all in the game.

Like I said on the previous page its really weird SI is even reporting on this. Particularly with the angle they took on it. From reading the article you would think Miami committed the violation. I really don't even see what the big deal is.

“It’s bull----,” said one assistant, “Miami bumps and talks to kids more than anybody. They’ve started a war. They better watch out. You started messing with livelihoods and s--- is going to get dirty.”

655.gif

Advertisement
It sounds to me like a bunch of guys who relied on dirty tactics to do their job are now butt hurt that they can no longer do them with impunity. They're unsure how to proceed and that scares them.

And I think people are underselling why others appear to be upset.

The 'bump' rule is nonsense. You're incredibly naive if you think coaches don't 'accidentally' run into recruits they're after all the time, Miami included. As far as recruiting goes its sort of like a frat, a lot of those coaches know each other and have played together, been grad assistants together, etc. So when you turn someone in over something that is almost universal in recruiting, and something that most have a gentleman's agreement not to report, then you're endangering people's livelihood. Sort of like how you don't try to injure teammates in camp, same concept. Nobody would care if it was a major violation because they all turn each other in for that stuff.

I mean Miami is the home team, anyone under the allusion that they don't 'run in' to recruits all the time? Cmon now. Either way this is all petty.

511.gif

And I think people are underselling why others appear to be upset.

The 'bump' rule is nonsense. You're incredibly naive if you think coaches don't 'accidentally' run into recruits they're after all the time, Miami included. As far as recruiting goes its sort of like a frat, a lot of those coaches know each other and have played together, been grad assistants together, etc. So when you turn someone in over something that is almost universal in recruiting, and something that most have a gentleman's agreement not to report, then you're endangering people's livelihood. Sort of like how you don't try to injure teammates in camp, same concept. Nobody would care if it was a major violation because they all turn each other in for that stuff.

I mean Miami is the home team, anyone under the allusion that they don't 'run in' to recruits all the time? Cmon now. Either way this is all petty.

511.gif

Your boy ol Urby had no problem turning you guys in once he was at OSU.....

Advertisement
Back