Asante Samuel Jr

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got no respect at all for a kid dumb enough to go play defense for a team that ain't even hired a coordinator just because the head coach happens to be the same color is he is and communicates in street slang because it's "hip." **** him. **** FSU. May he lose every game he ever plays in.

Yes show those true colors

Only colors I care about are orange and green. Kid typed with his own fingers that he went because Willie is an African-American just like he is and as such speaks the same language as he does, and that makes him "hip." Now you want to act like there's something wrong with people who thing that that is a completely stupid reasoning for basing such an important decision? Going to a certain college because the coach is the same color as you is as stupid as going because you wear the same size shoes. It's trivial.

Man, you're crazy to think that relating to your coach isn't a huge part of why kids pick schools. That is not the only reason he picked FSU. Unless I missed the part where he said "ONLY reason I picked FSU was because they have a black coach." Show me where he said that. You're also crying about him not knowing who is DC and position coach are but Samuel clearly said Taggert addressed that on his visit.

Advertisement
I've repeated this ad nauseum.

There is not a dimes worth of difference in terms of college football potential between any of the top 20 ish dbs in Florida this year. A class of Ivey, blades, frierson, hall, bethel could EASILY end up better than a class of surtain, samuel, jobe, Joseph, and Campbell. Only star whores byt$$h and moan about losing out on 5 stars from Florida when 3-4 stars do just as well or even better. Guys like troutman, Edwards, garner, and smith are examples of Florida studs we didn't even offer that could end up to better than anyone.

I got no respect at all for a kid dumb enough to go play defense for a team that ain't even hired a coordinator just because the head coach happens to be the same color is he is and communicates in street slang because it's "hip." **** him. **** FSU. May he lose every game he ever plays in.

Only colors I care about are orange and green. Kid typed with his own fingers that he went because Willie is an African-American just like he is and as such speaks the same language as he does, and that makes him "hip." Now you want to act like there's something wrong with people who thing that that is a completely stupid reasoning for basing such an important decision? Going to a certain college because the coach is the same color as you is as stupid as going because you wear the same size shoes. It's trivial.

Man, you're crazy to think that relating to your coach isn't a huge part of why kids pick schools. That is not the only reason he picked FSU. Unless I missed the part where he said "ONLY reason I picked FSU was because they have a black coach." Show me where he said that. You're also crying about him not knowing who is DC and position coach are but Samuel clearly said Taggert addressed that on his visit.

I understand relating to your coach, and I also get that Richt and Willie are completely different people on so many layers we could discuss without even mentioning color. Try not to confuse what I'm saying with what anybody else is saying. I'm not trying to imply that the kid is racist or his decision was motivated by race. His decision was motivated by stupidity, and he decided to be come a Seminole. So again, **** him, and as always, **** FSU.

Seems like we have 2 schools of thought on recruiting sofla. One says why are we chasing stars and let extremely talented 3 stars leave somewhere else like Divaad Wilson. The other is that we are never going to be elite if we don’t get 3-5 5 star recruits per year. The truth is somewhere in the middle and I think thats what we have in this class. But I have to totally agree on the Surtain issue. Not really having a chance is a **** poor excuse. We have his HS coach on staff! Derek Jeter never thought he didn’t have a chance with any girl he ever met. Also our DT recruiting tells me we are not there yet. If you have elite DT recruits then your a top level program. Here we are loosing to patrino on Goldwire.
Not saying we don’t close with some good DT’s but this excuse that everyone is waiting for rj and Norton to decide is the worst excuse. We keep saying sh.t like this every year and then players go to a team that is stacked at their position.

I never thought he was coming here. How many FSU legacy kids have we gotten in the past decade? Posters were hype at the idea then some how reached the point of belief when it was said he was serious about Miami. Campbell or Surtain and this will all be forgotten.

He's not a legacy, his dad went to UCF.

Advertisement
If you can't flip a local kid, who, from all accounts, wanted to be a Cane, from a toilet fire of a program with a new HC with a losing career record and no DC, then we fcked up. It's OK to admit we messed this one up. We can still be rabid UM fans and admit this was a big L all the way around.

This guy gets it. I got negged to bolivian for saying this earlier in the thread. We can thank our lucky stars we hired, by far, the best coach available post-Golden but that doesn't mean ignoring the negative. Since it's only year 2, maybe it's just an aberration, but the only reason I can think of that Samuels didn't get offered sooner is that he was too small, despite having the elite of the elite defensive stats against top shelf competition. Whoever ranked the dbs on the big recruiting board had his head in his ***. Local kid who wanted to be a Cane, and is statistically one of the top 5 dbs in the state doesn't get an offer because he is slightly undersized? Please. Frankly, I'm glad Samuels was professional about it and didn't try to throw the cuck move back in Richt's face and try to embarrass the U, because going after him only after getting spurned by Jobe is insulting.

And don't get me started on DTs. Did the staff not consider the possibility of two draft eligible DTs leaving at the same time? We should have had DTs lined up wanting to play in Diaz's system, instead we are bringing Hanukkah presents to a JUCO Louisville commit and begging him to come play for us.

Last edited:
Pete said he was comin'. I said I'd wait until I see the papers. Here we go .....

Kids are very impressionable no matter what color. That’s what impressed/impacted Asante that a new (Black) Head coach threw all his eggs in the basket and came to meet with him not worrying about February but worried about right now and showing interest in him. If saying the coach is hip and it makes him feel better for making such a horrible decision then be it, I don’t blame the kid for choosing a school that showed interest in him.With that said F@ck him and I hope the California fires somehow run rampant across state lines and burn trailerhassee to a crisp and Gaysville while its at it. Go Canes!!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
If you can't flip a local kid, who, from all accounts, wanted to be a Cane, from a toilet fire of a program with a new HC with a losing career record and no DC, then we fcked up. It's OK to admit we messed this one up. We can still be rabid UM fans and admit this was a big L all the way around.

This guy gets it. I got negged to bolivian for saying this earlier in the thread. We can thank our lucky stars we hired, by far, the best coach available post-Golden but that doesn't mean ignoring the negative. Since it's only year 2, maybe it's just an aberration, but the only reason I can think of that Samuels didn't get offered sooner is that he was too small, despite having the elite of the elite defensive stats against top shelf competition. Whoever ranked the dbs on the big recruiting board had his head in his ***. Local kid who wanted to be a Cane, and is statistically one of the top 5 dbs in the state doesn't get an offer because he is slightly undersized? Please. Frankly, I'm glad Samuels was professional about it and didn't try to throw back the cuck move in Richt's face and try to embarrass the U, because going after him only after getting spurned by Jobe is insulting.

And don't get me started on DTs. Did the staff not consider the possibility of two draft eligible DTs leaving at the same time? We should have had DTs lined up wanting to play in Diaz's system, instead we are bringing Hanukkah presents to a JUCO Louisville commit and begging him to come play for us.
Well F@cking said!

This guy gets it. I got negged to bolivian for saying this earlier in the thread. We can thank our lucky stars we hired, by far, the best coach available post-Golden but that doesn't mean ignoring the negative. Since it's only year 2, maybe it's just an aberration, but the only reason I can think of that Samuels didn't get offered sooner is that he was too small, despite having the elite of the elite defensive stats against top shelf competition. Whoever ranked the dbs on the big recruiting board had his head in his ***. Local kid who wanted to be a Cane, and is statistically one of the top 5 dbs in the state doesn't get an offer because he is slightly undersized? Please. Frankly, I'm glad Samuels was professional about it and didn't try to throw back the cuck move in Richt's face and try to embarrass the U, because going after him only after getting spurned by Jobe is insulting.

I literally LOL’d at work on your last sentence. **** I hope this doesn’t come and bit ya in the ***.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said. I see it like starting a 10 page paper the night before its due. Sure sometimes you pull something out of your a$$ and end up with a decent grade, but not only can you end up being f*cked by waiting so long, but it also creates bad habits of procrastination. In this sense, I think the staff waited too long in regards to offering some local kids who clearly should have been offered sooner. Maybe we get saved by Campbell and adding a solid DT late in the game, but I wouldn't be surprised if we're once again forced to go the grad transfer route.

Advertisement
I said we came in too late to the party & I was praying I was wrong. Whiff by the staff. Now all eggs in one basket for campbell/surtain or it’s plan B mode. Smh

There is not a dimes worth of difference in terms of college football potential between any of the top 20 ish dbs in Florida this year. A class of Ivey, blades, frierson, hall, bethel could EASILY end up better than a class of surtain, samuel, jobe, Joseph, and Campbell. Only star whores byt$$h and moan about losing out on 5 stars from Florida when 3-4 stars do just as well or even better. Guys like troutman, Edwards, garner, and smith are examples of Florida studs we didn't even offer that could end up to better than anyone.

yea, but then what will they cry about?

I said we came in too late to the party & I was praying I was wrong. Whiff by the staff. Now all eggs in one basket for campbell/surtain or it’s plan B mode. Smh

Good thing we already have a top 5 db class signed up now we swing for the fences with Campbell AND surtain

Advertisement

Good thing we already have a top 5 db class signed up now we swing for the fences with Campbell AND surtain

Need to close at Campbell or it’s a failure imo. You cannot let 3 elite db’s leave your back yard to the SEC.

Need to close at Campbell or it’s a failure imo. You cannot let 3 elite db’s leave your back yard to the SEC.

Absolutely. I don't care if the ones committed have "That Dog" in them or project to be great in a certain system. Those 3 were ranked higher for a reason. Need at least 1 and while I think we'll end up with Campbell, there's no guarantee with the SEC schools now coming full force.

There are 20 dbs from Florida that could end up just as good or better than those. The only reason people are getting their panties all tied up is because they're star whores.

I agree with this but to a certain extent. Guys like Surtain and Campbell are absolutely elite prospects who will be **** good in college with even decent coaching. I’d say you’re right about the rest, although I think Frierson is extremely underrated (didn’t always think so, but he took a huge step his senior year IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back