Asante Samuel Jr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the staff learned that you can’t slow play everybody. Ain’t no reason why Samuel should be going to FSU, let alone signing before he even knows who his DC is and not OV us. We took an L on this one y’all can try and spin it however. Luckily this ain’t the big fish that we really after.

Advertisement
Hopefully the staff learned that you can’t slow play everybody. Ain’t no reason why Samuel should be going to FSU, let alone signing before he even knows who his DC is and not OV us. We took an L on this one y’all can try and spin it however. Luckily this ain’t the big fish that we really after.

Samuel said the recruits have an idea who dc and db coach would be earlier this week in an interview

Last edited:
Here comes the butt hurtness, if we wanted the dude we could have had him. He was clearly not at the top of our board and not made a priority. We preach loyalty only when it's in our favor right :) The kid knew he was sloppy seconds and Taggert probably told the kid every lie in the book looking at his pathetic class to keep it together.

Make all the excuses you want. Tagfart emptied his guns and kicked our *** on this one even with no DC.

I’m anxiously awaiting the spin as to how we suddenly dropped him at the last second because there’s a bigger fish ready to jump in the boat.

Just don't understand how so many people had a good read on Jobe playing games but our coaches didn't. As much as I like the class up to this point, that's bad.

Our coaches are either arrogant and missing things that seem apparent to fans, or they just don't have a bullshyt detector. They get played at times.

All I know is we better not flub this Heritage group. If we do, then we need to re-evaluate how we're recruiting.

Watching what UGA just did in Fart's second year both on the field and in this most recent recruiting class has me questioning things because it's an easy situation to parallel to our current HC. They're stacking 5 star QBs (which you never see) while our fans are making excuses for us being unable to secure a local kid whose dad got his HS HC'ing gig and another kid who called him his "2nd father figure" and who coached him since he was 10. We're struggling to find a DT who wants to get coached by arguably the best DL coach in the country.

I love our class, but we need to finish strong with this Heritage group and find a DT or two.
What UGA is doing is phenomenal, but I don't think we have the resources or the latitude to do what they are doing. Smart is clearly implementing the Nick Saban model of recruiting. I don't believe we can match them in regards to resources and I definitely don't think the NCAA would look the other way if we started doing what UGA is doing. I also don't think Richt's recruiting philosophy, (whatever it is) rightly or wrongly meshes with what UGA is doing especially when you compare what Richt did at UGA to what Kirby is doing.

Doesn't excuse missing on kids we want especially in our backyard though. Those kids we should pull and if we aren't then I agree that our recruiting philosophy (whatever it is) needs to be slightly tweaked cause its pretty **** good right now.

“sante Samuel @godschild3_ on @FSUFootball signing: “@CoachTaggart just keeps it real, and it’s easier to relate to him than other coaches because he’s kind of hip to the game. He knows what us young, black, African-American kids are going through.”

Lol at this quote. Taggart really Shannon 2.0

Advertisement
“sante Samuel @godschild3_ on @FSUFootball signing: “@CoachTaggart just keeps it real, and it’s easier to relate to him than other coaches because he’s kind of hip to the game. He knows what us young, black, African-American kids are going through.”

Taggart will go down in flames just like Radio only quicker.

So kid didn't want to play for Richt because he's white?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Lmao sounds like what kids would say about Charlie Strong

Advertisement

So kid didn't want to play for Richt because he's white?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

No he didn't want to play for Richt because Richt didn't show the same urgency that Taggert did

I wonder if all of the people he lied to in Oregon think that cornball "keeps it real"?

Advertisement

really chuckled at reading that tweet and the fsu fans reactions with a bunch of "I told ya so's" about taggerts skin color being a recruiting tool. This is gonna be fun

Dresses like a corch
record of a corch
All the slogans of a corch

#RaggertEra

If that’s the card being played, then what exactly is the answer other than the coach you’re going to be spending most of your time with in Miami, young man, is a whole lot more like you.

Also, check back with me how comfy you are living in south Alabama with a mostly homogenous southern white resident fanbase after 2 straight 8-5 seasons and your HC is getting called all kinds of names. Ask Kevin Sumlin and his family what it’s like and Tallahassee is culturally way worse than College Station.

Kid preaching loyalty when his new HC has coached at 3 schools in the last 12 months. LOL

Advertisement
Y'all a trip. Most of you don't know a **** thing. You don't know **** about football outside of being able to read a scoreboard. You don't know **** about recruiting outside of star ratings. You come here slurping up every little tidbit of information from those who do and treat it like it's the gospel. The thing about insider information is that it's usually conjecture based off of whispers, rumors, and 3rd party interactions. "I heard from a good friend who knows his uncle..." You sometimes forget that we're dealing with kids here. Teenagers like some of y'all have at home, and like a good many of you still act like. Young people who struggle with tough decisions like, "do this shirt go with these pants?" are trying to make a decision that will impact the rest of their lives. They're dealing with grown *** men trashing them on social media. They got loan shark types like Willie Taggart promising them all kinds of bull****. They got people trying to bribe them with they type of money and gifts they've never seen...

You want to get the info as soon as it's out? You want to know who's in these kids' ear, what they're trying to sell them, and some insider analysis on whether they might take the bait? You're in the best spot on the internet. But you need to understand the information for what it is. If you want information that's sourced, independently verified, edited, and authorized for official release, read the ******* Herald. The nerve of some of you entitled pricks who try to use this site as a forum to bash those who provide it. You in here slurping up every drop they'll give you and gonna ***** about how it tastes.

At the end of the day, I respect Samuel for handling his recruitment properly. Never trolled or disrespected the u.

I think Ivan is upset. A month ago nobody cared about Samuel, now it's the biggest loss imaginable? Who cares that we have Blades, Ivey and Gil coming plus more DBs we are targeting right? Would have been nice to get him, we didn't. How about we focus on the positives? There are plenty. You will never see 30 some pages for a UM commit, but let some kid we barely recruited sign with the school he's committed to and all **** breaks loose. Tighten up fellas.
Mad? Not at all I was sad when I heard the news but I was over it that quick. Now I’m just throwing a little shade at the dumb f@cks that mocked me for wanting Richt to do an in-home visit with the kid after ole sweet Willie visited him and obviously turned the heat on him and got him signed. But don’t get it twisted I wouldn’t trade any of our recruits for that scarlet and gold blood tainted scum, he’s dead to me. I want kids that bleed this orange and green and want to be Canes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back