Asa Martin and Tommy Kennedy update

Parents shouldn't have to write a note. They conveyed their concerns to the coach and that should be enough. Sounds like disorganized bureaucratic screwup. They write a note and it gets passed down the chain and sits on some low-level dope's desk. And gets ignored.
No I mean the coaches could've wrote themselves a note considering they were the ones who decided he'd sit out. Still the dumbest thing I've read a staff do

Advertisement
Kennedy is the only one of the transfer lineman to generate significant interest as well. Miami, Texas and Oklahoma offers are some heavy hitters and if Oklahoma was after him then you know he’s good considering they have one of the better oline’s in the country

I think, like Calvin Anderson last year, its about the market not having many other options moreover Kennedy's talent. I would define Kennedy as "ok". Butler to major P5 football is a big jump.

I think, like Calvin Anderson last year, its about the market not having many other options moreover Kennedy's talent. I would define Kennedy as "ok". Butler to major P5 football is a big jump.
True but it happens and sometimes gems slip through cracks. Ali marpet was at a lower tier school like that and ended up being a 2nd round pick for the bucs and overall probably their best olineman

True but it happens and sometimes gems slip through cracks. Ali marpet was at a lower tier school like that and ended up being a 2nd round pick for the bucs and overall probably their best olineman

We're talking about a different animal here. Kennedy isn't Ali Marpet. Marpet was the best lineman to ever come out of Hobart and one of the best D3 OL in history. 3x First Team All-Conference, All-American.

Kennedy is a second team type. If he were a pro already, he probably would have gone pro instead of being a grad transfer.

I do agree...OL you can find anywhere...but its different when you find these guys and they go to the NFL. Once they go to the NFL, they can work - essentially - unlimited hours to get their body in shape, learn a playbook, etc. Pro game also builds a lot of OL from scratch. You always hear, around camp time, the NFL coaches complaining about the lack of ready made OL for the league and the amount of coaching and refinement a lot of players need.

Advertisement
We're talking about a different animal here. Kennedy isn't Ali Marpet. Marpet was the best lineman to ever come out of Hobart and one of the best D3 OL in history. 3x First Team All-Conference, All-American.

Kennedy is a second team type. If he were a pro already, he probably would have gone pro instead of being a grad transfer.

I do agree...OL you can find anywhere...but its different when you find these guys and they go to the NFL. Once they go to the NFL, they can work - essentially - unlimited hours to get their body in shape, learn a playbook, etc. Pro game also builds a lot of OL from scratch. You always hear, around camp time, the NFL coaches complaining about the lack of ready made OL for the league and the amount of coaching and refinement a lot of players need.
True we will see how it pans out. Is he able to play spring ball? Would love to see how he does this spring if he can

Advertisement
2020 loaded in state for RB, not sure we need to take martin.

We need a RB in this class. Homer may leave early, leaving us with Dallas, Lingard, and Davis. Need more than that in our stable.

Note: I would expect that Asa Martin will apply for a waiver to avoid sitting out a year, and I think he’s got a pretty strong case.

Advertisement
Asa Martin coming here would lead me to believe that one of our current 5 RB's must be considering a transfer.
I would say Burns or Davis if I had to guess.
Davis ain't going anywhere as he knows he is a huge part of the team next year as proved the last 2 game he might be our best RB.

Advertisement
We need a RB in this class. Homer may leave early, leaving us with Dallas, Lingard, and Davis. Need more than that in our stable.

Note: I would expect that Asa Martin will apply for a waiver to avoid sitting out a year, and I think he’s got a pretty strong case.

Agree with you, but you are forgetting Burns

Advertisement
Back