Artie Burns

Advertisement
i am not worried about seconday. I look at the job williams has done so far. he really can develop talent. plus, its not like dl where you have to wait a couple years for a guy to grow into his body

during under armour practice when all they talked about was VH3. Deon sanders said artie was the best. even though he is fsu, i will take that endorsement

I think Deon also said Artie was a safety

Did he even play Safety that week? He said he "plays like a Safety." I think he was talking about his aggression.
If I remember correctly he played CB but Deon thought his best position would end up being safety. Last year was a special year for safeties in Florida with Leon McQuay , Keanu Neal, Marcell Harris, Jamal Carter , Paris Bostick, Mackenro Alexander, Ahmad Thomas, Nick Washington & Artie Burns if he plays S. I am really interested to see how they all stack up in 4 year.

Advertisement
2nd favorite recruit behind Grace, and the only other current recruit who was on my list of Top 10 Florida defensive recruits over the last 3 years.

Would you mind posting that list again, by chance?

Off the top of my head, here's how I'd rank the state of Florida's defensive prospects (coming out of high school) in the last 5 years:

Matthew Thomas
2. Corey Lemonier
3. Haha Clinton-Dix
4. Tim Jernigan
5. Christian Jones
6. Aaron Lynch
7. Matt Elam
Artie Burns
9. Leonard Williams
10. Karlos Williams

Tracy Howard, PJ Williams, Dante Fowler and a few others could be argued in. I also almost undoubtedly forgot a few guys. I'd need to go back to a database to see all the names.

The main "controversy" revolved around VHIII. I didn't forget him. I think he's going to be very solid. I just consider his ceiling to be lower, so he just fell out of the list around where Tracy Howard would be.

Thank you. I guess I misunderstood and thought you said that Grace was also in that top 10. It's why I asked, I was surprised you had Grace that high. I thought he was real good but not that good......

Nah, he's just my favorite recruit. I can't objectively say he's the best prospect, though.

*To be fair, Grace's not even in the top 3 prospects of this year for UM. I have Burns, AQM and Coley all above him. I have him slightly ahead of Carter, but that's debatable.

Well let's be fair to Grace, those 3 you mentioned are elite kids, the type we need if we are to return to the top.

Love me some Artie. If he plays to his potential he can be a more athletic Antrel Rolle.

Interesting to see Lemonoir up there. Honestly didn't watch Auburn the last few years. Is he any good. More curious since I'm a Niners fan and Baalke usually gets it right.

Interesting to see Lemonoir up there. Honestly didn't watch Auburn the last few years. Is he any good. More curious since I'm a Niners fan and Baalke usually gets it right.

I think the Niners got two steals. In fact, I've mentioned that they had one of the better drafts I've seen in a while.

Advertisement

I think the Niners got two steals. In fact, I've mentioned that they had one of the better drafts I've seen in a while.

He played well on an awful team last year. He was a steal 49ers.

Who's the other steal? Patton?

Advertisement
its not that i dont think artie would be a great saftey at miami but i just thin jamal carter is a beast and we might need artie more at CB

Advertisement
What's with the Jenkins love?

He may be a good athlete, but I don't remember him jumping out during games. Made some nice tackles in pursuit but he wasn't making many plays. Bush is the only safety who stood out and that's because he was drilling ball carriers.

In limited time at the end of the season, jenkins showed flashes of potential we haven't seen here in awhile. He was raw and basically just chasing the ball instead of anticipating the play, but he was a missile when he locked onto whoever had the ball. If he learns to diagnose plays and be alittle more patient he'll be the best safety we've had here in YEARS!

Its about potential.. With Rodgers, Highsmith, Telemaque, and any other upperclassmen, I think we can all agree that we've pretty much seen all we are gonna get
Not saying the kid isn't gonna be good, because I like his potential, but people were saying the same thing about VT after his freshman campaign.

Real talk: Anyone who saw the fluid athleticism and potential in Telemaque that some of us see in Jenkins is a moron. Telemaque never came close to showing that fluid athleticism and potential to be a big-time Safety.

He may be a good athlete, but I don't remember him jumping out during games. Made some nice tackles in pursuit but he wasn't making many plays. Bush is the only safety who stood out and that's because he was drilling ball carriers.

In limited time at the end of the season, jenkins showed flashes of potential we haven't seen here in awhile. He was raw and basically just chasing the ball instead of anticipating the play, but he was a missile when he locked onto whoever had the ball. If he learns to diagnose plays and be alittle more patient he'll be the best safety we've had here in YEARS!

Its about potential.. With Rodgers, Highsmith, Telemaque, and any other upperclassmen, I think we can all agree that we've pretty much seen all we are gonna get
Not saying the kid isn't gonna be good, because I like his potential, but people were saying the same thing about VT after his freshman campaign.

Real talk: Anyone who saw the fluid athleticism and potential in Telemaque that some of us see in Jenkins is a moron. Telemaque never came close to showing that fluid athleticism and potential to be a big-time Safety.

Telemaque was very fluid and rangy in high school. He packed on some muscle and turned into a robot. You just never know unfortunately.

Telemaque was very fluid and rangy in high school. He packed on some muscle and turned into a robot. You just never know unfortunately.

I didn't see all that range and fluidity from him in HS, and neither did Pete Carroll. As for him getting too muscled up, his 11 reps on the bench on pro day don't support that assertion.

I didn't see all that range and fluidity from him in HS, and neither did Pete Carroll. As for him getting too muscled up, his 11 reps on the bench on pro day don't support that assertion.

59.jpg

This is what bad weight can do. 11 reps isn't terrible. I don't agree with you on his high school tapes but that's neither here nor there.

Advertisement
Back