Artie Burns

caneofny

Sophomore
http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1504445

Excited about this kid. Glad he's starting next week.

Article says he rehabbing a hammy which hampered him during track. Still won state titles in 110 an 300 hurdles lol. Hes at about 75% currently. The coaches have talked to him about return game and will start out at CB. Up 5lbs to 185.

Advertisement
Kid is off the charts as an athlete, and will only continue to get better as a football player. It's going to be tough to keep him off the field. Burns will make an immediate impact on ST's then break into the rotation at CB.

Might be my favorite recruit coming in this class.

I'm expecting big things from him.

Might be my favorite recruit coming in this class.

I'm expecting big things from him.

Agreed, love the secondary pull of him and Carter. Two big athletes that should be able to contribute early because they are physically ready.

Advertisement
Skys the limit for this kid. Can't wait to see him represent his hometown and bring that crystal ball back to the U!

Advertisement
Question for the board: Does he start out at CB and transition into a safety, or does he stay at corner during his time here?

This kid is the best athlete on the defensive side of the ball. Note I did not say he was the most talented but **** this kids film is legit and he can hit like a truck. Sky is the limit for him.

Advertisement
i like him to stay @CB i really think the SS spot is up for grabs jenkins didnt impress, i just want him to be a more sound tackler before i put him as the last line of defense

2nd favorite recruit behind Grace, and the only other current recruit who was on my list of Top 10 Florida defensive recruits over the last 3 years.

Im on record saying he was my favorite recruit from last year class. This is the type of player we need if we gonna get that Cball anytime soon. He is a starting corner/safety for a BCS championship team. You can tell Al is starting to realize that you need world class athletes in the secondary now if you gonna compete. LSU gave everyone the blueprint. You need big, track fast, physical, and mean as **** nowadays with all these spread offenses. The days of Mike Williams, Lee Chambers (who I respect because he was a team player) and Vaughn Telemaque roaming around are over.

Advertisement
Question for the board: Does he start out at CB and transition into a safety, or does he stay at corner during his time here?

I think his best position is safety and to play nickle corner but what will impact the move from corner to safety is how the other young corners play

Also good to see Carter getting in here ASAP. Watching how Bush and Jenkins have taken off at the position (different levels of course but both were raw at the spot) I don't see any reason why Carter can't come in and push for time immediately.

If he is physically ready I think he could challenge Jenkins, with some of the vets getting snaps as well. Carter has superstar potential.

Advertisement
Back