Article on Pinckney

Advertisement
If that's the case....Anyone and Everyone involved should be shown the door....
This. I could also see his not telling them the true extent of how he felt because he wanted keep playing, but if they knew and did him like this they need to be fired immediately.

If he was misdiagnosed and played with that kind of injury all season then there’s a problem. But if the injury wouldn’t worsen by being in the field and he chose to play with the pain, that’s part of football and something players do every day
Doesn’t sound based on the article that there was any malfeasance on the part of the school.

I was Thinking he would get drafted in the 6th round, this certainly won’t help him.. damnit man

Advertisement

Claims hes been playing with a torn labrum in his hip.

Like i said before, **** coach diaz not slick with that "TNM" bullshat, he we and got quitters and runners and made them starters, not for the overall good of the team, but for his own selfish reasons. HTF he running his mouF about culture, and he's the main problem, what real headcoach in their right mind would start jarren and is already half out *** now all the way out, that was diaz's starter. Than he sat their in that gaytor game, watching like the rest of us, Zion nelson and campbell being left on an island and being asked to block guys on 5 & 7 step drops, and has the headcoach he did nothing, why you playing those young guys like that, coach richt started redshirting guys for betterment of them, not him, he was already a made man. Coach richt wasnt gone throw young guys to the wolves all game long, comon sense, put scaife at one guard spot, that would've stabilized the o-line somewhat. The biggest growth im looking too see is from coach diaz in all 3 phases,

#1 Team command (Are the players & coaches fighting to achieve manny's football vision

#2 personnel management

#3 Team motivation

Advertisement
I’ve had a torn labrum in right hip for a year n half now..it’s just about pain tolerance and discomfort..maybe mistaken but I don’t think it can get any worse. Kind of like a torn labrum in the shoulder..especially if your younger..but it could lead to arthritis which I’m dealing with in my right shoulder aslo..I’m 26 and all ****ed uo smh

I’ve had a torn labrum in right hip for a year n half now..it’s just about pain tolerance and discomfort..maybe mistaken but I don’t think it can get any worse. Kind of like a torn labrum in the shoulder..especially if your younger..but it could lead to arthritis which I’m dealing with in my right shoulder aslo..I’m 26 and all ****ed uo smh

I dislocated my shoulder and tore my labrum in college, and didn’t get the right diagnosis for 6 months. My shoulder will never be 100% again, even after I had surgery. It’s not something that should be taken lightly.

The World I live in you mean??...FOH with that BS....It is NOT common to have a player with THAT type of injury to keep playing on it....What F-ing world does your *** live in??
It depends on the degree of his tear bro. You could play through that for 10 and handle it in the off-season. But if it was a complete tear..for one I doubt he could played through it even if he wanted and two he should’ve gotten it fixed
I dislocated my shoulder and tore my labrum in college, and didn’t get the right diagnosis for 6 months. My shoulder will never be 100% again, even after I had surgery. It’s not something that should be taken lightly.
yeaa that’s what I’m dealing with with my shoulder..I didn’t dislocate it tho. Sounds like u had a trauma injury. But in most cases even after surgery your gonna deal with stiffness and if your a thrower you won’t have the velocity back. A teammate of mine was topping out at 93 as a pitcher tore his, had the surgery and never got back to that..I decided to rehab and skip surgery and just played through it

It depends on the degree of his tear bro. You could play through that for 10 and handle it in the off-season. But if it was a complete tear..for one I doubt he could played through it even if he wanted and two he should’ve gotten it fixed

yeaa that’s what I’m dealing with with my shoulder..I didn’t dislocate it tho. Sounds like u had a trauma injury. But in most cases even after surgery your gonna deal with stiffness and if your a thrower you won’t have the velocity back. A teammate of mine was topping out at 93 as a pitcher tore his, had the surgery and never got back to that..I decided to rehab and skip surgery and just played through it
It depends on the degree of the tear??...Well evidently the degree was enough to hurt his abilities...

Advertisement
It depends on the degree of the tear??...Well evidently the degree was enough to hurt his abilities...
If your hurt but decide to play through it, that’s on you. If your dressed up to go I don’t like excuses after the fact. Now if the med staff missed it..or even worse didn’t disclose what they found that’s not good. But if you have a torn labrum, as a player you know your not right. If you trot yourself out there🤷🏾‍♂️

Mine was on my glove side and finish hand. After that I couldn’t finish more than a couple of full swings without it going numb on me. That’s my main issue with this. If the problem isn’t taken care if it’s negligence. His labrum can’t get worse if it’s already torn but, it can lead to other issues.

Also is it illegal to not report injuries in your injury report in college, like it is in the pros?

If your hurt but decide to play through it, that’s on you. If your dressed up to go I don’t like excuses after the fact. Now if the med staff missed it..or even worse didn’t disclose what they found that’s not good. But if you have a torn labrum, as a player you know your not right. If you trot yourself out there🤷🏾‍♂️
That's up to the medical staff...NOT the player...

Advertisement
Mine was on my glove side and finish hand. After that I couldn’t finish more than a couple of full swings without it going numb on me. That’s my main issue with this. If the problem isn’t taken care if it’s negligence. His labrum can’t get worse if it’s already torn but, it can lead to other issues.

Also is it illegal to not report injuries in your injury report in college, like it is in the pros?
Smh my whole arm was just apprehensive like there was a catching sensation and It felt heavy but I played through it and of course the pain was a ***** when adrenaline wore off ... Idk about the legality but I’m sure the university can get in hot water if that’s the case..and I know torn labrums can lead to early on set arthritis

torn labrum? or bruised hip? Whoever Pickney's agent is is doing a good job making sure these articles are written. I'm sure the NFL team medics will do their research.

Doesn’t sound based on the article that there was any malfeasance on the part of the school.

Same here...others like Morris and Richards the jury is out on IMO.

But this article read to me that he really didn't even see anyone and just thought he was playing through bumps and bruises. If he had an MRI and was misdiagnosed by the med staff then they should all be canned.

Advertisement
Back