Article on Pinckney

Advertisement
How did they mess up with Richard‘s neck injury? It was diagnosed and he was taken out of play. End of story.

Same thing with the other neck injury. It was diagnosed when it occurred and that was it for his career.
NO they said he had a problem way before they came out with the neck injury.

I’ve had a torn labrum in right hip for a year n half now..it’s just about pain tolerance and discomfort..maybe mistaken but I don’t think it can get any worse. Kind of like a torn labrum in the shoulder..especially if your younger..but it could lead to arthritis which I’m dealing with in my right shoulder aslo..I’m 26 and all ****ed uo smh
Same - torn labrum in hip for two years but a lot older than you. Still working out daily and running marathons. Have pain at times but mainly at certain angles. There was a thread during the season about someone with a groin issue and I remember thinking to myself that it wasn’t a groin issue but a labrum issue causing impingement in the groin area. This is exactly where my pain presents. I would have probably just lived with it and not gone to doctors if a friend hadn’t explained same symptoms and torn labrum.

Advertisement
Same - torn labrum in hip for two years but a lot older than you. Still working out daily and running marathons. Have pain at times but mainly at certain angles. There was a thread during the season about someone with a groin issue and I remember thinking to myself that it wasn’t a groin issue but a labrum issue causing impingement in the groin area. This is exactly where my pain presents. I would have probably just lived with it and not gone to doctors if a friend hadn’t explained same symptoms and torn labrum.
Facts. I know ima have to get it looked at but as of right now I’m still participating In rec softball league, hooping and working out. I mostly feel like it gets heavy or it’s catching. But the pain I can tolerate. For me it’s just discomfort at times. But it’s certainly something a football player could pass off as a bump or bruise type issue and ignore it

Sounds like your Physician should've said Surgery...and threw rehab to the wayside....
Surgery and THEN rehab is the line my *** would've been in....

All depends on the situation and injury.

Any doctor that only wants to cut right away is not a doctor i trust. To me, those guys are just looking for paychecks. While surgery is the best solution at times (i've had 6), it's best to at least evaluate all options because there's no guaranteed outcome once that scalpel hits the skin.....and what many fail to really understand is the long-term effects of some surgeries.

Hindsight is 20/20 but medicine is not an exact science. Everything from surgical consults to supplements and diet are all highly debatable amongst doctors.

Advertisement
All depends on the situation and injury.

Any doctor that only wants to cut right away is not a doctor i trust. To me, those guys are just looking for paychecks. While surgery is the best solution at times (i've had 6), it's best to at least evaluate all options because there's no guaranteed outcome once that scalpel hits the skin.....and what many fail to really understand is the long-term effects of some surgeries.

Hindsight is 20/20 but medicine is not an exact science. Everything from surgical consults to supplements and diet are all highly debatable amongst doctors.
I understand that...but in this particular case...if CaneInOrlando has a Torn Labrum...and with ANY NFL aspirations coming up...I myself am getting it properly done from jump....Too much time for me to go through Rehab...and at the end of said Rehab it turns out Surgery was the better option..

**** Vinny the FSU grad and that al golden looking ************ that runs on the field with him and you can use Ishmael ****shaped head to do it. How vinny has survived through multiple staffs astounds me he must have serious dirt on the university because it’s befuddling.

Last edited:
I understand that...but in this particular case...if CaneInOrlando has a Torn Labrum...and with ANY NFL aspirations coming up...I myself am getting it properly done from jump....Too much time for me to go through Rehab...and at the end of said Rehab it turns out Surgery was the better option..

Oh in that case absolutely. But joints and partial tears can be tricky. I had a partial ACL tear but minor and was able to play through it with a brace. The pain was minimal. What i lost was strength in the knee to cut laterally.

Advertisement
From Barry Jackson tonight:

▪ Former UM linebacker Mike Pinckney recently learned that he has a torn labrum in his right hip and will need surgery, which will sideline him six to nine months, agent Deryk Gilmore told me.

Pinckney is meeting with teams at the Combine in Indianapolis but not working out. The injury has bothered him since late in his junior season but nobody knew it was a torn labrum.

The injury could hurt his stock in the draft, but he still has a chance to go on the third day. If not, he will assuredly get multiple offers as a priority free agent.

Advertisement
He didn’t hurt it in the bowl game...

Maybe he slipped on the banana at the Art Basel

A lingering injury from his junior year? Anybody else still believe he hid that from the team and training staff for almost 2 years? Get ready for another lawsuit and bad press fellas. Absolutely unacceptable.

Advertisement
Back