Article on Pinckney

Jeopardize a Man's well-being, because of Garbage *** LBer recruiting....
When you consider the three LBs we've had here for 4 years were all Golden recruits.... it's frightening. Not that he didn't bring in decent recruits, but that we have seen nothing from the position recruited by Diaz is very, very alarming.

Advertisement
That's up to the medical staff...NOT the player...
Your not understanding what I’m saying..in my situation I felt pain and discomfort in my arm my SR year of HS in fall ball. Since I had played all summer prior I figured it was dead arm and just some pain..come time for winter practice the pain was still there and there throughout the year..i never said anything..going into my freshman year of college the pain was still there..come to find out it was indeed a slapp tear there. My physician said either surgery or rehab..I chose rehab. All that led up to it was on me since i never reported it. So I can’t in hindsight blame my HS coach for my decision . The rehab helped early but I was still ****ed up..now for pinks situation we don’t know the details of when this injury occurred. If it was something that happened before season and he was looked at and checked out and they missed it or neglected his well being that’s on UM. But let’s say it happened in a game, if pink has the pain tolerance to play through it and never said anything about it then that’s on him. If it happened, he reported to the staff that he wasn’t right, they checked him out and he still decided to on his own to play through it that’s on him. If the med staff found something and gave him all the information on it and he played through it, again that’s on him..but if the med staff knew and hid it from him, which I doubt extremely, then they should have their license revoked immediately

Your not understanding what I’m saying..in my situation I felt pain and discomfort in my arm my SR year of HS in fall ball. Since I had played all summer prior I figured it was dead arm and just some pain..come time for winter practice the pain was still there and there throughout the year..i never said anything..going into my freshman year of college the pain was still there..come to find out it was indeed a slapp tear there. My physician said either surgery or rehab..I chose rehab. All that led up to it was on me since i never reported it. So I can’t in hindsight blame my HS coach for my decision . The rehab helped early but I was still ****ed up..now for pinks situation we don’t know the details of when this injury occurred. If it was something that happened before season and he was looked at and checked out and they missed it or neglected his well being that’s on UM. But let’s say it happened in a game, if pink has the pain tolerance to play through it and never said anything about it then that’s on him. If it happened, he reported to the staff that he wasn’t right, they checked him out and he still decided to on his own to play through it that’s on him. If the med staff found something and gave him all the information on it and he played through it, again that’s on him..but if the med staff knew and hid it from him, which I doubt extremely, then they should have their license revoked immediately
Sounds like your Physician should've said Surgery...and threw rehab to the wayside....
Surgery and THEN rehab is the line my *** would've been in....

Advertisement
Sounds like your Physician should've said Surgery...and threw rehab to the wayside....
Surgery and THEN rehab is the line my *** would've been in....
My physician said surgery OR rehab..I CHOSE rehab. I’d seen a team go through labrum surgery and chose not too..if a player doesn’t report a injury, how can a medical staff evaluate him

Playing with injuries isn’t a big deal but this isn’t the first misdiagnosis or issue with our medical staff. Just saying.

Something is off with the team medical staff or training.
The other peculiar thing is the neck injuries to AR and Malek Young a couple years ago. Those diagnosis are not that common. I wonder if they got second opinions.

Last edited:
My physician said surgery OR rehab..I CHOSE rehab. I’d seen a team go through labrum surgery and chose not too..if a player doesn’t report a injury, how can a medical staff evaluate him
Pretty stupid to NOT report an injury...ESPECIALLY if it hampers your abilities...Makes absolutely No sense...

Look there is no way he should have been playing with this injury and the medical staff should be fired if they knew about it and didn't do the right thing. Now are there players who play through injuries yes major injuries, but we live in a time where you can get the help you need and recover faster. It doesn't make any sense to me to play on a bad hip that could possibly ruin your career. And then again I understand that sometimes in life you have to play through the pain. But the medical staff should have done more.
Lets be honest I think this medical staff has been messing up lately. Ahmond Richards and then the other corner who had a neck injury. Something isn't right.

Advertisement
Amazing how you didn't see this much BS when Butch was here...Every yr...some more BS injury wise...
Was internet or sports apps even a thing while Butch was the coach..20 years ago
Pretty sure Ed decided to play through some ****. video might’ve been under Coker but that just conjecture lol. Players play through **** all the time.

Was internet or sports apps even a thing while Butch was the coach..20 years ago
Pretty sure Ed decided to play through some ****. video might’ve been under Coker but that just conjecture lol. Players play through **** all the time.

Look man....You NEVER saw players under Butch, playing with injuries that were so severe...it ended up being detrimental to the team....Sure you played through Bumps and Bruises...But nothing to where Surgery was necessary...

Look there is no way he should have been playing with this injury and the medical staff should be fired if they knew about it and didn't do the right thing. Now are there players who play through injuries yes major injuries, but we live in a time where you can get the help you need and recover faster. It doesn't make any sense to me to play on a bad hip that could possibly ruin your career. And then again I understand that sometimes in life you have to play through the pain. But the medical staff should have done more.
Lets be honest I think this medical staff has been messing up lately. Ahmond Richards and then the other corner who had a neck injury. Something isn't right.

How did they mess up with Richard‘s neck injury? It was diagnosed and he was taken out of play. End of story.

Same thing with the other neck injury. It was diagnosed when it occurred and that was it for his career.

Pretty stupid to NOT report an injury...ESPECIALLY if it hampers your abilities...Makes absolutely No sense...
Yet players do it all the time..then go get surgery after the season. Notable guys like Dwade, Kobe, Ed Reed, Tom Brady and many many more..it’s not unheard of. And from reading the article it sounds like pink decided himself to play Through it thinking it wasn’t major. Turn to find out it was a tear

Advertisement
Yet players do it all the time..then go get surgery after the season. Notable guys like Dwade, Kobe, Ed Reed, Tom Brady and many many more..it’s not unheard of. And from reading the article it sounds like pink decided himself to play Through it thinking it wasn’t major. Turn to find out it was a tear
Ed NEVER in 5 yrs at UM...Played with a Torn anything...c'mon man...

Look man....You NEVER saw players under Butch, playing with injuries that were so severe...it ended up being detrimental to the team....Sure you played through Bumps and Bruises...But nothing to where Surgery was necessary...
Saw it during the FIU game..guys was Down like they had been shot then back in 2 plays later 🤣🤣

Advertisement
Smh my whole arm was just apprehensive like there was a catching sensation and It felt heavy but I played through it and of course the pain was a ***** when adrenaline wore off ... Idk about the legality but I’m sure the university can get in hot water if that’s the case..and I know torn labrums can lead to early on set arthritis

I wasn’t allowed to play through it. Even though I didn’t get surgery till after the season, I was never healthy enough for them to let me play, bc they were worried about something worse happening. This was even with a note from a doctor that said he can play at his own risk.

I just have a feeling this has all the makings of a negligence suit. Timing is everything.

Advertisement
Back