Art Briles new OC at Grambling

A lot of you saying this was a horrible decision are probably the same posters who wanted to send Tae Williams to the electric chair last offseason.

The reality is, Briles wanted a 2nd chance...a P5 school didn’t offer it. So a struggling HBCU saw an opportunity to not only save their football program and athletic program but give a guy a 2nd chance who brings instant credibility.

Alot of y’all put a guy in the White House who grabbed chicks in the private area on the regular and bragged about it (that’s sexual assault). So let’s stop all the pulpittin and let’s stop all the cap.

Advertisement
A lot of you saying this was a horrible decision are probably the same posters who wanted to send Tae Williams to the electric chair last offseason.

The reality is, Briles wanted a 2nd chance...a P5 school didn’t offer it. So a struggling HBCU saw an opportunity to not only save their football program and athletic program but give a guy a 2nd chance who brings instant credibility.

Alot of y’all put a guy in the White House who grabbed chicks in the private area on the regular and bragged about it (that’s sexual assault). So let’s stop all the pulpittin and let’s stop all the cap.
Come on ... you are comparing 52 rape charges ... in several cases "gang bang rapes by 10-15 football players" to some wisecrack Trump made? Sounds like something you would hear on CNN. Briles left Baylor with a $15 million dollar check, and had worked there for 3-4 years at $6 million per season. He is in his 60's, and doesn't need a "second chance" to get back into football coaching.

Come on ... you are comparing 52 rape charges ... in several cases "gang bang rapes by 10-15 football players" to some wisecrack Trump made? Sounds like something you would hear on CNN. Briles left Baylor with a $15 million dollar check, and had worked there for 3-4 years at $6 million per season. He is in his 60's, and doesn't need a "second chance" to get back into football coaching.
Ok well I will counter that with the fact that Briles wasnt going to be the face of GSU. He wasnt going to be the HC. He was going to be an OC which most of us know for the most part doesnt even partake in recruiting in most programs. He was going to be about as off the radar as you can get.. The media and many of you make it seem like he was going to be the face of the university. I would bet Hue was going to have him as low key as an OC could possibly be.

This was pretty much signed off on by anyone at GSU who had any power. So that goes to show you how desperate they were. Many of you live in the P5 world where the thought of the athletic program going bankrupt is so far gone its laughable. When you go into the world of HBCUs its extremely common.

A whole bunch of media people sticking their nose in to HBCU business who not willing to cut a check forced him to resign. And that includes Doug Williams. Grambling State was on the brink of bankruptcy. HBCUs as a whole financially need all the support, pub, whatever you want to call it they can get. Art Briles at the very least would have brought TV revenue because GSU games will have been on ESPNU at least once maybe twice this season just on his name alone. **** shame.

People think they are doing whats right for the greater good but dont want to stick around and help pick up the pieces after they burn the house down.

Some people also don't want to have a university where the female students need to worry if the offensive coordinator is creating an environment where football players think they can rape a girl (or 50) and get away with it.

Advertisement
I’m not defending espn..l but going against them on art briles is an interesting hill to die on….

At what point does Art Briles get a second chance? The baylor bball coach who covered up the murder of one of his own players got a second chance. James Franklin encouraged an alleged victim to not press charges against his players at Vandy. Brian Kelly killed a kid @ ND making him go up on a lift to film during a windstorm. DJ Durkin was heavily involved in the death of a player at Maryland who died during a workout.

Some people also don't want to have a university where the female students need to worry if the offensive coordinator is creating an environment where football players think they can rape a girl (or 50) and get away with it.
The OC has zero power at a school. You guys are dragging it. LOL. Name me the last OC that had the power to dictate anything outside of what play is being called on 3rd and 9. You guys are just making **** up now. LOL.

At what point does Art Briles get a second chance? The baylor bball coach who covered up the murder of one of his own players got a second chance. James Franklin encouraged an alleged victim to not press charges against his players at Vandy. Brian Kelly killed a kid @ ND making him go up on a lift to film during a windstorm. DJ Durkin was heavily involved in the death of a player at Maryland who died during a workout.
Exactly. The **** guy asked for a 2nd chance at probably the most lowly and desperate HBCU this side of Clark Atlanta and you still wouldnt give him that. Buddy probably thought he was doing something noble and the media still gave him backlash. I know GSU probably threw their hands up like, WTF? Can you give us a little grace here? Smh.

Ok well I will counter that with the fact that Briles wasnt going to be the face of GSU. He wasnt going to be the HC. He was going to be an OC which most of us know for the most part doesnt even partake in recruiting in most programs. He was going to be about as off the radar as you can get.. The media and many of you make it seem like he was going to be the face of the university. I would bet Hue was going to have him as low key as an OC could possibly be.

This was pretty much signed off on by anyone at GSU who had any power. So that goes to show you how desperate they were. Many of you live in the P5 world where the thought of the athletic program going bankrupt is so far gone its laughable. When you go into the world of HBCUs its extremely common.
So desperation is now your excuse. Mismanagement and poor funding isnt an excuse hire a piece of **** person. Gtfoh

Advertisement
Exactly. The **** guy asked for a 2nd chance at probably the most lowly and desperate HBCU this side of Clark Atlanta and you still wouldnt give him that. Buddy probably thought he was doing something noble and the media still gave him backlash. I know GSU probably threw their hands up like, WTF? Can you give us a little grace here? Smh.

I am in no way condoning what Briles did at Baylor, and from what I have read the culture there was so bad he probably did deserve to get fired. People act like coaches dont get second chances every day in this country. Hugh Freeze was using a school issued phone to bang hookers and is now coaching at a uber Christian School of all places

So desperation is now your excuse. Mismanagement and poor funding isnt an excuse hire a piece of **** person. Gtfoh
I say again, you going to donate to save the athletic program if they go into bankruptcy again? Where is your checkbook? That jobs lost. Scholarships lost. HBCU tradition lost. (which I know most on here could give 2 craps about of course but thats evident)

And of course you would assume that an HBCU would have money problems because of mismanagement and poor funding. Like its their own fault, right?

Im Out GIF

Never seen so much passion about HBCUs on this board in all my time on CIS then what I have seen in the last 6 months or so... First, Jackson State and now GSU. What is the world coming to? Lol. Smh.

Advertisement

Right ... you are trying to say that a high profile former D1 head football coach -- who was fired because of creating an environment of high risk for women -- was taking the OC position at GSU and was going to go unnoticed? Are you crazy? That hire was putting a microscope on the program on the nightly news.

Looks like ol’ Briles tried to skip a necessary step in the rehab process and got slapped back to reality.

Next headline:

“Art Briles accepts analyst position on Nick Saban’s staff at Alabama.”

A whole bunch of media people sticking their nose in to HBCU business who not willing to cut a check forced him to resign. And that includes Doug Williams. Grambling State was on the brink of bankruptcy. HBCUs as a whole financially need all the support, pub, whatever you want to call it they can get. Art Briles at the very least would have brought TV revenue because GSU games will have been on ESPNU at least once maybe twice this season just on his name alone. **** shame.

People think they are doing whats right for the greater good but dont want to stick around and help pick up the pieces after they burn the house down.
HBCUs were funded permanently to the tune of $250 million a year in legislation passed in 2019.

Advertisement
Right ... you are trying to say that a high profile former D1 head football coach -- who was fired because of creating an environment of high risk for women -- was taking the OC position at GSU and was going to go unnoticed? Are you crazy? That hire was putting a microscope on the program on the nightly news.
Any power he had would be given to him by the media. At GSU, he would have had zero power or say so in anything that didnt have to do with GSUs offense. The one white guy in the building isnt going to run shop at an HBCU where he is already on thin ice. And im sure thats how Art wanted it.

Never seen so much passion about HBCUs on this board in all my time on CIS then what I have seen in the last 6 months or so... First, Jackson State and now GSU. What is the world coming to? Lol. Smh.
Listen racebaiter. Youre the one who said HBCUs were desperate and borderline bankrupt. I dont give 2 ***** about grambling but kids deserve to be coached by leaders of men first and foremost. Those kids deserve better than Briles and whatever desperate admin hired him period. Coaches like him are a ****stain on all athletics.

Advertisement
Back