Art Briles new OC at Grambling

Advertisement
That is a big time, seismic move by Grambling State.
sad guru studio GIF by True and the Rainbow Kingdom

He resigned today due to all of the backlash.
I'm thinking he must've realized that if the heat was on at Grambling, it might be over with for good. So instead of the deal being nixed by the state of Louisiana, better to save face and call it quits on your own.

I'm actually glad we didn't bring him on because this is the wrong type of publicity. If the kitchen is this hot at Grambling, I cannot imagine how hot it would've been in a Power 5 school with a major media market like Miami

Advertisement
I'm thinking he must've realized that if the heat was on at Grambling, it might be over with for good. So instead of the deal being nixed by the state of Louisiana, better to save face and call it quits on your own.

I'm actually glad we didn't bring him on because this is the wrong type of publicity. If the kitchen is this hot at Grambling, I cannot imagine how hot it would've been in a Power 5 school with a major media market like Miami
????? We never considered bringing ART BRILES on as OC .... it was his son Kendall Briles that interviewed.

He resigned today due to all of the backlash.
Man should change his name and move far away. He made major $$$ at Baylor. $6 million a year for each season he coached and then they paid him $15 million when he was fired. They canned him, the AD and the president. What a mess .... 52 alleged rapes over a 4 year period by football players.

Advertisement
Man should change his name and move far away. He made major $$$ at Baylor. $6 million a year for each season he coached and then they paid him $15 million when he was fired. They canned him, the AD and the president. What a mess .... 52 alleged rapes over a 4 year period by football players.
As old as he is, with that stigma following him around, and all that cash in the bank, retirement is his best option.

A whole bunch of media people sticking their nose in to HBCU business who not willing to cut a check forced him to resign. And that includes Doug Williams. Grambling State was on the brink of bankruptcy. HBCUs as a whole financially need all the support, pub, whatever you want to call it they can get. Art Briles at the very least would have brought TV revenue because GSU games will have been on ESPNU at least once maybe twice this season just on his name alone. **** shame.

People think they are doing whats right for the greater good but dont want to stick around and help pick up the pieces after they burn the house down.

A whole bunch of media people sticking their nose in to HBCU business who not willing to cut a check forced him to resign. And that includes Doug Williams. Grambling State was on the brink of bankruptcy. HBCUs as a whole financially need all the support, pub, whatever you want to call it they can get. Art Briles at the very least would have brought TV revenue because GSU games will have been on ESPNU at least once maybe twice this season just on his name alone. **** shame.

People think they are doing whats right for the greater good but dont want to stick around and help pick up the pieces after they burn the house down.
Rapes for revenue has a nice ring to it.

Right ... just what the university administration, boosters and alumni want ... to get national attention because they hired the former HC that permitted 52 rapes under his watch to go without action on his part ... to be a national laughing stock. Briles should move into a backwater community, change his name, and spend his time fishing and staying away from people.

Advertisement
WOW! Guy wasn't even there a month. He probably needs to go maybe to an FCS program and go from there. Don't think he has much time left given he's almost 70.

Advertisement
David Hale had an interesting tweet thread yesterday where he stated that Briles' lack of contrition has prevented him from finding any redemption.

He contrasted it with Vick who apologized and brought awareness to animal cruelty and was later accepted (by some) for what he did. He said that Briles hasn't done much of anything to apologize. America likes redemption stories but if you don't apologize and say you've changed and will do better, it prevents folks from moving on.

Last edited:
ESPN has become more propaganda than sports reporting these days. I am in no way defending Briles here as he probably should have been fired. He has been crucified ever since though despite being cleared in the investigation. Having that scarlet letter of sexual assault under your watch is hard to overcome though. I seriously doubt anybody took the time to read the report after and what Briles did. People think he sat there with a bourbon cheering his players on as they sexually assaulted females. The one player who was built like a brick sh*thouse, Shawn Oakman, was found not guilty after the jury deliberated for a total of 45 minutes. People forget James Franklin went to a female who accused his Vanderbilt players of raping her and asked her to drop the charges. He barely caught any kind of negative attention from that.
I’m not defending espn..l but going against them on art briles is an interesting hill to die on….

How about don’t hire him to begin with b

Advertisement
Back