Off-Topic Army cutting its size

Those people, sadly, did not make good decisions (or maybe they did in their eyes) and it's clear that their decisions were politically motivated. That's a big no-no in the military.

I wonder if they put that much thought to the other 23984732984 vaccines they get.
Freedom of choice. If there isn’t much to fight for why fight?

Oh…to die for the rights of others to crap on your less than woke ideas? Sign me up

Advertisement
Size and strength are becoming more irrelevant as time passes for preventing wars

Fear of our military strength did not prevent the war and fight from continuing in Vietnam or Afghanistan. The opposition there both had causes and most importantly a will that negated our strength.

This is being proven out again in Ukraine. Where the much stronger Russia will eventually pull out or declare victory and leave

Strength is meaningless if you don't have the will to persevere. Vietnam and Afghanistan both knew that they could wait us out because ever since WWII we've lacked the national will and unity to do what was necessary to win
Let's hope that the troops that remain have that will to persevere.

Those people, sadly, did not make good decisions (or maybe they did in their eyes) and it's clear that their decisions were politically motivated. That's a big no-no in the military.

I wonder if they put that much thought to the other 23984732984 vaccines they get.
Imagine thinking requiring this shot isn’t 100% politically motivated.

Advertisement
People don't just object to the Covid shots due to politics. That's completely disingenuous.

Point is people have always objected to taking shots BUT the vast majority has always taken them to our nations overall benefit until it became stupidly political. ( Of course some do object for legitimate reasons) But whatever.

Now even polio is making a comeback. So if you're doing it for politics carry on with the stupidity.

Survival of the fittest and smartest Darwin says. So I Really don't care what others are doing because I'm taking mine. Do as you wish. Nobody else cares and if they do they really shouldn't.

Advertisement
Point is people have always objected to taking shots BUT the vast majority has always taken them to our nations overall benefit until it became stupidly political. ( Of course some do object for legitimate reasons) But whatever.

Now even polio is making a comeback. So if you're doing it for politics carry on with the stupidity.

Survival of the fittest and smartest Darwin says. So I Really don't care what others are doing because I'm taking mine. Do as you wish. Nobody else cares and if they do they really shouldn't.
I love the Darwin comment.
Seems the fittest don't always require to.follow the masses. Especially when being led senile fools.
I'll take care of my body the way I see fit, and I see it fit to inject myself with a vaccine, doesn't matter which one, than I will.

Personally, I have had COVID. Fortunately, I also take care of myself in a manner for which most viruses don't take me out for more than a day or so. I am also responsible enough to keep my *** at home and not spread it. Covid is very nasty and has killed lots of people, just like most other viruses.

Yet, unlike the flu, for which most people take an annual 'vaccine', our government backed this vaccine to be an end all be all...and it has literally slapped them directly in the mouth.

Now, I don't take a flu shot every year, but I still catch the flu maybe every other year, on average.

I'm not politically driven when it come to this vaccine...I'm just not taking it. So I guess that make the choice not to take the vaccine at least 99.999999%, politically driven

LMAO

Not agreeing. Im point out what the issue is - declining is 100% politically motivated whether you like it or not.
Declining the shot for Biden and Kamala when Trump was president was 100% politically motivated.

Declining the shot for the greater majority of Americans is a health / risk assessment evaluation.

I declined the shot when both Trump and Biden were president, how can that be politically motivated. The answer of course is… it’s not.

Pushing and mandating the shot was mostly political because it was done at the exact time of the Afghanistan pullout debacle (worst military humiliation in US history) to change the narrative

Declining the shot…. mostly non political (but I admit a minority did decline it for political reasons). But when u are younger and healthier with no preexisting conditions… there is ZERO reason to get Wuhan vaccinated unless u wanted it

I love the Darwin comment.
Seems the fittest don't always require to.follow the masses. Especially when being led senile fools.
I'll take care of my body the way I see fit, and I see it fit to inject myself with a vaccine, doesn't matter which one, than I will.

Personally, I have had COVID. Fortunately, I also take care of myself in a manner for which most viruses don't take me out for more than a day or so. I am also responsible enough to keep my *** at home and not spread it. Covid is very nasty and has killed lots of people, just like most other viruses.

Yet, unlike the flu, for which most people take an annual 'vaccine', our government backed this vaccine to be an end all be all...and it has literally slapped them directly in the mouth.

Now, I don't take a flu shot every year, but I still catch the flu maybe every other year, on average.

I'm not politically driven when it come to this vaccine...I'm just not taking it. So I guess that make the choice not to take the vaccine at least 99.999999%, politically driven

LMAO
? Good for you!!

As I said I really don't care what others choose to do regarding their own health decisions. If they ask my opinion I will give it... if I'm inclined.

I'm not going to argue about someone else's health choices.

You want to follow your own, your doctor, the internet, your political party, stupid politicians, your bartender or your weird uncle's advice to make your medical decisions have at it and good luck

Last edited:
Apparently recruiting isn't going well.

Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong. - Ronald Reagan

One of my sons is in the Army right now, and I can tell you this is a tough time for recruiters and re-enlistment/retainment as well. Armed forces has recently lost some good benefits they used to have. Moral is really low. He tells me a lot of the BS going on not only because I'm his dad, but because I am prior service (different branch) and am an absolute believer in the military and what it should look like.

Advertisement
One of my sons is in the Army right now, and I can tell you this is a tough time for recruiters and re-enlistment/retainment as well. Armed forces has recently lost some good benefits they used to have. Moral is really low. He tells me a lot of the BS going on not only because I'm his dad, but because I am prior service (different branch) and am an absolute believer in the military and what it should look like.
Wait. You are saying inclusive and tolerance training while calling the people already in the enemy isn’t working well?

Size and strength are becoming more irrelevant as time passes for preventing wars

Fear of our military strength did not prevent the war and fight from continuing in Vietnam or Afghanistan. The opposition there both had causes and most importantly a will that negated our strength.

This is being proven out again in Ukraine. Where the much stronger Russia will eventually pull out or declare victory and leave

Strength is meaningless if you don't have the will to persevere. Vietnam and Afghanistan both knew that they could wait us out because ever since WWII we've lacked the national will and unity to do what was necessary to win
Size and strength (s&s) is critically important. However, since the dawn of time, it must be matched with a society's political will (pw; e.g. size and strength).

Remember, warfare is just politics by other means.

WWI - military s&s + misapplication of pw = debatable outcome
WWII - military s&s + pw = perfect outcome
Korea - misapplication of s&s + pw = great outcome
Vietnam* - misapplication of s&s + misapplication of pw = poor outcome
Soviet Afghanistan = misapplication of s&s + misapplication of pw = disaster outcome
Gulf War I - military s&s + misapplication of pw = debatable outcome
Gulf War II - misapplication of s&s + misapplication of pw = disaster outcome
American Afghanistan - misapplication of s&s + misapplication of pw = disaster outcome

See the trend?

*I'd argue prevented WWIII though

Advertisement
Declining the shot for Biden and Kamala when Trump was president was 100% politically motivated.

Declining the shot for the greater majority of Americans is a health / risk assessment evaluation.

I declined the shot when both Trump and Biden were president, how can that be politically motivated. The answer of course is… it’s not.

Pushing and mandating the shot was mostly political because it was done at the exact time of the Afghanistan pullout debacle (worst military humiliation in US history) to change the narrative

Declining the shot…. mostly non political (but I admit a minority did decline it for political reasons). But when u are younger and healthier with no preexisting conditions… there is ZERO reason to get Wuhan vaccinated unless u wanted it
This discussion is a hoot because of who envisioned and carried out Project Warp Speed? Who fast-tracked the vaccine availability? Mr. Donald J. Trump (who deserves all credit for doing so). Ironic that his own constituency stabbed him in the back on his public health triumph.

NOPE.

Not at all.

We saw this issue coming 10 years ago.
I'll go back to the logic behind the Reagan quote. The stronger we are, the less other nations will consider testing us.

Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong. - Ronald Reagan

Advertisement
Back