Off-Topic Army cutting its size

In 1957, the Governor of Arkansas called up the Arkansas National Guard to stop 9 black students from entering Little Rock Central HS.

Eisenhower trumped that move by sending in 1000 soldiers from the 101st Airborne to get the Guard to stand aside. Needless to say, integration of the school happened.

Most of those troops involved were from the South and likely held the segregationist views of that region at that time. Still, they followed orders as their oaths required! That was a far more difficult issue than a getting a shot in the arm. I wonder if Trump had been President then what he would have done (a lot of the same anti-Federalist feeling existed then, as it does now). .

Advertisement
Declining the shot for Biden and Kamala when Trump was president was 100% politically motivated.

Declining the shot for the greater majority of Americans is a health / risk assessment evaluation.

I declined the shot when both Trump and Biden were president, how can that be politically motivated. The answer of course is… it’s not.

Pushing and mandating the shot was mostly political because it was done at the exact time of the Afghanistan pullout debacle (worst military humiliation in US history) to change the narrative

Declining the shot…. mostly non political (but I admit a minority did decline it for political reasons). But when u are younger and healthier with no preexisting conditions… there is ZERO reason to get Wuhan vaccinated unless u wanted it

I'm genuinely curious now - why did you decline the shot? And, did you have the choice to opt out?

In 1957, the Governor of Arkansas called up the Arkansas National Guard to stop 9 black students from entering Little Rock Central HS.

Eisenhower trumped that move by sending in 1000 soldiers from the 101st Airborne to get the Guard to stand aside. Needless to say, integration of the school happened.

Most of those troops involved were from the South and likely held the segregationist views of that region at that time. Still, they followed orders as their oaths required! That was a far more difficult issue than a getting a shot in the arm. I wonder if Trump had been President then what he would have done (a lot of the same anti-Federalist feeling existed then, as it does now). .
1662557096775.png

Advertisement
Legal. Moral. Ethical.

Those three principles are the bedrock of chain of command orders in US military.

Now, just because you feel one of the above is out of sorts doesn't make you right, however, if you do feel that strongly about it, you have a duty to refuse/disobey.
"The distance between your mind and reality is perception; the distance between perception and reality is truth."

Let's pray strike eagles and nukes never angrily grace our horizons.

Size and strength are becoming more irrelevant as time passes for preventing wars

Fear of our military strength did not prevent the war and fight from continuing in Vietnam or Afghanistan. The opposition there both had causes and most importantly a will that negated our strength.

This is being proven out again in Ukraine. Where the much stronger Russia will eventually pull out or declare victory and leave

Strength is meaningless if you don't have the will to persevere. Vietnam and Afghanistan both knew that they could wait us out because ever since WWII we've lacked the national will and unity to do what was necessary to win
WWII was the last war in which we had a legit reason to be there in the first place. Tough to get people to buy into getting shot at, when they can't even articulate why they are there, or they are under the impression that the war isn't serving anyone's best interest outside of the military industrial complex. My grandfather served in Vietnam, and to this day, he said it was a waste. As an officer, he sent men to die, for a cause that didn't make sense to anyone there. It took him decades to make peace with what happened and the why. It was also the reason why he encouraged me and my cousins to not serve in Iraq or Afghanistan(I wasn't interested, but my two cousins were all in, until he talked some sense into them). He called BS on it immediately, and said it was a farce.

Wars are fought and won not only with weapons and people, but morale. When you believe in the cause, you are willing to do whatever it takes to win. When you couldn't care less, it's a different story.

Advertisement
Back