Off-Topic Army cutting its size

@Canes Stan, do you know anyone who has objected to the shot? I've worked in healthcare for years and there have always been a percentage that objected to flu shots. They usually feel that it's best for the body to build it's own resistance. That's not political at all. It extends to Covid. I was hearing the same people say the same things about the shot before it was even released. Add in the new mRNA factor and people are even more cautious. Sure, there might have been people who adopted a stance based on politics, but not everything is political, nor should it be.
I do know people that objected to the jab and I object to the flu shot every year. I also know that plenty of disinformation was put out about the jab and millions of people ate it up. That extends to the military. Half of the country claimed COVID was fake and some still claim the pandemic was planned to ruin trump’s presidency. That’s political.

You right though, everything shouldn’t be political but we are in America and it’s 2022. Almost everything is political. You are also correct that it is somewhat disingenuous to claim people only object over politics but that is a big reason for a lot of people.

Advertisement
You’re missing the point. They made it mandatory on purpose. They knew this would happen.
And, it shoulda been mandatory. With military members, our first line of defense, getting the vax first.

Soldiers in WW2 rec'd all sorts of "experimental" vaxes so they could fight in **** holes like Guadalcanal. Do you think those soldiers refused to take the vaccines? Or, what woulda happened to them if they did?

As I've said before, development of the vax in partnership with private industry is ex-Pres Trump's #1 accomplishment in my book.

Last edited:
And, it shoulda been mandatory. With military members, our first line of defense, getting the vax first.

Soldiers in WW2 rec'd all sorts of "experimental" vaxes so they could fight in **** holes like Guadalcanal. Do you think those soldiers refused to take the vaccines? Or, what woulda happened to them if they did?

As I've said before, development of the vax in partnership with private industry is ex-Pres Trump's #1 accomplishment in my book.
Getting an experimental vax to go fight in the jungle is different than getting an experimental bc for a cold. As I said before they did it on purpose and it’s working just like they had hoped it would.

Like I said - do they challenge these orders for other vaccines? ****, the flu vaccine is required. Do they turn that down given it's wildly varying effectiveness year to year? Your comment about its effectiveness is completely irrelevant and it's just a convenient story by people like you. Military woke people were turning down the covid vax from the jump even when effectiveness was very high. Again, it was purely political in motivation.

As for your wokeness comment, your portrayal of what a grunt looks like is not what I was envisioning so I'm not that one disparaging their looks, background, etc. and I certainly didn't criticize them b/c they're white. And trans rights? Nobody said any of that - only you. All of that is just an odd take on your part and demonstrates the lens that you view everything through.
I already said it. They made it mandatory for a reason and it’s working just how they hoped it would.

As for the rest of the post, ask somebody why recruitment numbers are down. Particularly from the south. Then get back to me.

Advertisement
Like I said - do they challenge these orders for other vaccines? ****, the flu vaccine is required. Do they turn that down given it's wildly varying effectiveness year to year? Your comment about its effectiveness is completely irrelevant and it's just a convenient story by people like you. Military woke people were turning down the covid vax from the jump even when effectiveness was very high. Again, it was purely political in motivation.

As for your wokeness comment, your portrayal of what a grunt looks like is not what I was envisioning so I'm not that one disparaging their looks, background, etc. and I certainly didn't criticize them b/c they're white. And trans rights? Nobody said any of that - only you. All of that is just an odd take on your part and demonstrates the lens that you view everything through.
I was in the Army for 8 years and never was required to get a flu shot. Also, I refused the Anthrax vaccine. I made it through my enlistment and have an honorable discharge.

Those people, sadly, did not make good decisions (or maybe they did in their eyes) and it's clear that their decisions were politically motivated. That's a big no-no in the military.

I wonder if they put that much thought to the other 23984732984 vaccines they get.

Even if I were to agree with you, which I dont, you still dont fire people for suspect reasons when you are short staffed.

@Canes Stan, do you know anyone who has objected to the shot? I've worked in healthcare for years and there have always been a percentage that objected to flu shots. They usually feel that it's best for the body to build it's own resistance. That's not political at all. It extends to Covid. I was hearing the same people say the same things about the shot before it was even released. Add in the new mRNA factor and people are even more cautious. Sure, there might have been people who adopted a stance based on politics, but not everything is political, nor should it be.

I gave up trying to have a serious discussion with him, he is really good at downvotes and one sentence non answers. Put him on IGNORE, like I did.

My wife and one of her best friends have been advised by their respective doctors NOT to get any Covid vaccine. Medical reasons, not politics.

p.s. The friend is a liberal D.

Advertisement

Straight from the horses mouth. Top 3 reasons people aren’t enlisting

— Smaller pool to choose from. Obesity, on drugs, or get college paid for by employer (I don’t believe that last one is any more prevelant than it was 5 years ago).
— The shot
— Political leadership in the ranks (wokeness)

Soldiers are absolutely being subjected to pronoun training and are under orders that they must share showers with trans. This is not up for debate. It has been reported and is out in the open.

I'm going to take a wild guess that the vast majority of those in the military, or considering joining the ranks, aren't huge fans of this.

I don't believe the military should be nearly as large or as expensive as it is, but I want a military that is prepared to destroy its foe. Instead, we get this.

Advertisement
95% of the republicans I know hate that Trump gave big pharma our money to make this shot. And they still harbor resentment toward him for doing it. I know I do. If Trump was still president my stance would be the same as would theirs. The people who claim it’s political, are using that as an excuse, bc they can’t defend it being made mandatory. That goes for civilians and military.

Soldiers are absolutely being subjected to pronoun training and are under orders that they must share showers with trans. This is not up for debate. It has been reported and is out in the open.

I'm going to take a wild guess that the vast majority of those in the military, or considering joining the ranks, aren't huge fans of this.

I don't believe the military should be nearly as large or as expensive as it is, but I want a military that is prepared to destroy its foe. Instead, we get this.
By pronoun training, you mean respecting their coworkers and calling them the correct pronoun? I mean, aren’t they on the same side? So why would they have an issue with this?

Either way, you probably right about people considering the military not being fans of this. I don’t think being trans should disqualify someone from being in the military and I don’t think you are saying that. I just don’t know the answer other than they just need to get over it or not join.

Agreed on the last part.

Advertisement
Getting an experimental vax to go fight in the jungle is different than getting an experimental bc for a cold. As I said before they did it on purpose and it’s working just like they had hoped it would.
So ... let me get this straight, are you saying the goal was to purge right-wingers from the Army? I worked very closely with military officers/enlisted over decades and would estimate 90% of those I knew were right-wing in their politics. Rare to find the odd Liberal member.

Last edited:
Are u saying Trump's fast-tracked vaccine doesn't work? Would u tell Donald that to his face?
Yes I would and it’s clear most of the supporters he has left feel the same. They booed him when he had the J&J guy at one of his rallys

So ... let me get this straight, are you saying the goal was to purge right-wingers from the Army? I worked very closely with military officers/enlisted over decades and would estimate 90% of those I knew were right-wing in their politics. Rare to find the odd Liberal member.
They are purging the ideology they deem wrong. Been saying this was coming for over a year. The chickens are finally coming home to roost.

Advertisement
Back