Arkstate article

Why do we care about this JV team. Cancelling was the right thing to do. Too many things to worry about. If it was a game against a varsity team we would had canceled and rescheduled. It is what it is and people have to accept that. Not too hard

Advertisement
We cancelled UCLA in the nineties but rescheduled it at the end of the season. Why didn't we do that if we really wanted to play the game.

WTF is with these **** ant teams? They play well against a bad team and suddenly they're gonna beat Miami? This was going to be another game just like App. state last year. Got themselves all worked up only to get that *** stomped. Only thing Irma has done is save them from that L. After the sun comes up on the damage from this storm we can revisit this.

He's not completely wrong...

He is completely wrong.

You can disagree with the decision, and have a case saying we cancelled prematurely or we're doing it strictly for optics, but you're an idiot if you agree with him that we cancelled to dodge playing them. We would have been better off with the tuneup. Not playing them hurts us in terms of our FSU preparation.

Suuuuuper fan to save the daaaaaay!!!!!! Thank you puffy nips! You think so good!

Thanks orangecūntface. Where are you spending the day when the hurricane passes over? Let me know, I'll need some day laborers to help with cleanup

Im in law school in a flyover state. But being a retired NCO i already talked to the nearest detachment about jumping on the first MAC flight afterwards to help with the cleanup.

What's the admin got planned? Y'all gonna have the players oil themselves up and serve you caviar and various other hor devours with just the light of a scented candle glimmering off their muscular unpaid bodies?

Look me up when you're down here and I'll give you your orders.

Advertisement
WTF is with these **** ant teams? They play well against a bad team and suddenly they're gonna beat Miami? This was going to be another game just like App. state last year. Got themselves all worked up only to get that *** stomped. Only thing Irma has done is save them from that L. After the sun comes up on the damage from this storm we can revisit this.

You want us to potentially play another out of conference game after possibly playing in the conference championship?

People talking about rescheduling just need to read a little bit to see there is zero possibility of rescheduling.

The one date that could only possibly be used would mean that they would have to play a game with 2 days in between. That will never happen.

Think people, think.

The Arky inbreds should realize that playing anyone, anywhere did not including the dueling banjo universities of the world.

You want us to potentially play another out of conference game after possibly playing in the conference championship?
Sorry, I meant we can revisit the subject of whether or not the game should have been cancelled. I don't care if they reschedule the game or not. I have no problem with Miami not playing the game this weekend.

Advertisement

Sorry, I meant we can revisit the subject of whether or not the game should have been cancelled. I don't care if they reschedule the game or not. I have no problem with Miami not playing the game this weekend.

I have no idea what exactly you're trying to say, but there is no possible way for us to reschedule the game for this season unless we played if after the conference championship and that will never happen. Blake James already said he plans to honor the contract as it is the right thing to do. We will play Arky State in a few years in Arkansas most likely.

We cancelled UCLA in the nineties but rescheduled it at the end of the season. Why didn't we do that if we really wanted to play the game.

Why should we? Some of you guys are hilarious. You complain about scheduling Ark. State but then whine when we cancel due to a Cat 5 hurricane?

They are not relevant. They are not even close to our level. It would end with us winning by 17+ so what good does it do us to play them later in the season? This isn't FSU, UF, Notre Dame, UNC, or even Duke. We don't need to play them. They don't matter. Why should we go out of our way to give them a beating?

This whole narrative they've deluded themselves with, that we're "avoiding them" shows just how irrelevant they are. This game was their superbowl, to us it was just another practice.

He is completely wrong.

You can disagree with the decision, and have a case saying we cancelled prematurely or we're doing it strictly for optics, but you're an idiot if you agree with him that we cancelled to dodge playing them. We would have been better off with the tuneup. Not playing them hurts us in terms of our FSU preparation.

We weren't dodging anyone...BUT the UM AD is making some suspect decisions. Specifically, why is the UM basketball team evacuating and remaining in Atlanta while the UM football team is remaining in place and dismissing the players home? Why wouldn't the AD force the coaches from the teams to execute the same plan for the student athletes? I have never seen this done before. The poster was correct in the A-State thread when he said schools in Louisiana & Mississippi executed the same plan for ALL of their sport teams. Did Blake James give each coach the authority to make their own decisions regarding what to do with their teams?!? That is why an AD gets paid the big bucks, to make calls on situations like this for ALL of the university's sports teams.

He is completely wrong.

We weren't dodging anyone...BUT the UM AD is making some suspect decisions. Specifically, why is the UM basketball team evacuating and remaining in Atlanta while the UM football team is remaining in place and dismissing the players home? Why wouldn't the AD force the coaches from the teams to execute the same plan for the student athletes? I have never seen this done before. The poster was correct in the A-State thread when he said schools in Louisiana & Mississippi executed the same plan for ALL of their sport teams. Did Blake James give each coach the authority to make their own decisions regarding what to do with their teams?!? That is why an AD gets paid the big bucks, to make calls on situations like this for ALL of the university's sports teams.

The basketball team didn't evacuate to Atlanta, that was a few players on their own. All teams are released like the football team.

Advertisement

Why should we? Some of you guys are hilarious. You complain about scheduling Ark. State but then whine when we cancel due to a Cat 5 hurricane?

They are not relevant. They are not even close to our level. It would end with us winning by 17+ so what good does it do us to play them later in the season? This isn't FSU, UF, Notre Dame, UNC, or even Duke. We don't need to play them. They don't matter. Why should we go out of our way to give them a beating?

This whole narrative they've deluded themselves with, that we're "avoiding them" shows just how irrelevant they are. This game was their superbowl, to us it was just another practice.

I was with you until you said UF and relevant in the same thread...:monkey-serious:

He is completely wrong.

The basketball team didn't evacuate to Atlanta, that was a few players on their own. All teams are released like the football team.

Ah I see, it was reported by news outlets that the basketball team as a whole was evacuating to Atlanta...guess they were passing bum scoop?!?

I have no idea what exactly you're trying to say, but there is no possible way for us to reschedule the game for this season unless we played if after the conference championship and that will never happen. Blake James already said he plans to honor the contract as it is the right thing to do. We will play Arky State in a few years in Arkansas most likely.
lol I'm saying different things and not very well. I think it was a good idea to cancel the game and after the storm passes we can revisit whether it was a good idea or not. If it hits Miami directly I don't think anyone will be giving a second thought about the game. As far as rescheduling goes, if the game isn't played this year that's fine with me. It's a nothing game in the bigger scheme of things.

Advertisement

That game was played at the very end of the season on 12/5/98 back in the pre-conference championship era... Would be much more impractical to pull this off now when the ACCCG is already scheduled for 12/2/2017.

Also final exam week at UM is 12/7-12/13. You can't expect players to play a game--an away game at that--right in the middle of finals week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who cares about Ark State? Better competition should be on the UM schedule anyway. Let them whine and throw around wild accusations. Meaningless talk from a meaningless school.

Advertisement
Back