Arik Gilbert

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Idc what's going on in his personal life - dodging the trainwreck that is Emory Jones trying to throw you the ball is an A+ career decision. Last I checked you can't catch passes when every shotgun snap is a QB draw.

If he goes to UGA he might only catch ~15 balls but he'll look dope doing it like that Ruckert kid at OSU. Daniels was impressive late in the year and they're loaded at WR.

Advertisement
Their board is claiming they passed on Terrion Arnold for Gilbert. Not like Bama had no say in that and Mullet knew it.
Only those delusional morons would think that fantasyland scenario would actually cast them in a better light.

Idc what's going on in his personal life - dodging the trainwreck that is Emory Jones trying to throw you the ball is an A+ career decision. Last I checked you can't catch passes when every shotgun snap is a QB draw.

If he goes to UGA he might only catch ~15 balls but he'll look dope doing it like that Ruckert kid at OSU. Daniels was impressive late in the year and they're loaded at WR.
We have screenshots in Gator Tears, after the gaytor’s Bowl game mauling by Okie, of those fools talking Rattler down and how Emory Jones is better and already the best QB in the SEC after Mac Jones and Trask - You know - the number 1 SEC QB in 2021. They’re delusional as ****. For heaven’s sake, Mullet said Okie didn’t beat the 2020 gaytors team.

Yea I think big picture Arroyo is or has more upside, and has potential to be one of the best receiving TE's ever at the U. Arroyo has real good ball skills and route running, but because he's long and lean, he has a ways to go to put on the needed weight and frame, and definitely needs a lot of work blocking to play in line, and have the versatility we saw from Brevin (lined up out wide, in the slot, short slot, in line, and offset backfield). so I don't expect arroyo to get snaps until Mallory Leaves.

My thought was Gilbert could step in right away for double TE sets, similar to what we did this year, if there was mutual interest from him and the U.

I do think Mamarelli is a sleeper in a way. He has good hands, and looks natural as a pass catcher, even with limited experience outside the Wing T. His size is there, and he will add strength to it this offseason. His speed is deceptive, and I imagine they will improve on that in the offseason as well. He has the frame, and ability as a blocker, getting snaps as a true frosh to block in some packages.

Hodges is a tweener. He can be used as the H back, but he doesn't have tru TE size. I'm not that high on Hodges, and think we might see more Mallory/Mamarelli .

I feel the next three years are our window of opportunity to make the playoff.
Man the expectation inflation around is rampant. Kids a good prospect but where’s the support for putting him in the elite of the elite at TEU?

We’ve graduated a few players who were close to NFL HOF level: Shockey, Olsen, Graham. We’ve has a couple who were legit NFL players in Franks and Winslow. Winslow was also first team AA iirc and Mackey Award winner, and but for getting injured would have been up there with the other guys on the field (no comment on off field stuff).

We’ve also had really solid to good college players like Roberts, Smith, Dennison, Everett, Walford, Njoku, Jordan....

I’m excited about Arroyo but puzzled by why people are elevating expectations so rapidly.

Advertisement
Back