Arik Gilbert

Arroyo > Gilbert
Yea I think big picture Arroyo is or has more upside, and has potential to be one of the best receiving TE's ever at the U. Arroyo has real good ball skills and route running, but because he's long and lean, he has a ways to go to put on the needed weight and frame, and definitely needs a lot of work blocking to play in line, and have the versatility we saw from Brevin (lined up out wide, in the slot, short slot, in line, and offset backfield). so I don't expect arroyo to get snaps until Mallory Leaves.

My thought was Gilbert could step in right away for double TE sets, similar to what we did this year, if there was mutual interest from him and the U.

I do think Mamarelli is a sleeper in a way. He has good hands, and looks natural as a pass catcher, even with limited experience outside the Wing T. His size is there, and he will add strength to it this offseason. His speed is deceptive, and I imagine they will improve on that in the offseason as well. He has the frame, and ability as a blocker, getting snaps as a true frosh to block in some packages.

Hodges is a tweener. He can be used as the H back, but he doesn't have tru TE size. I'm not that high on Hodges, and think we might see more Mallory/Mamarelli .

I feel the next three years are our window of opportunity to make the playoff.

Advertisement
He is a five star that strapped it up already on college level.. Arroyo can be pope level bust (disclaimer this is just a possibility).. You always take proven over hope..
I get your point. I just don't know that he'll ever be the sort of seam and big play threat that I am confident Arroyo will (soon) be in college. Though that could just be how L$U used him....

Arik was heavily considering UGA because he’s from Marietta, but part of the reason why he didn’t sign with UGA coming out of HS is because they were actually recruiting him as DE, so he chose LSU, but he left LSU because he had issues with the offensive staff & didn’t fit in the locker room.

All signs point to him going to UF as of now, because they’re selling him on playing in the same role as Pitts, he’s good but he ain’t that good. He had a good season for LSU though & was their best TE, so the potential is definitely there.

As for Miami, we’re all set at TE. Even with Brevin declaring, we got Mallory, Mammarelli, Larry Hodges & 2 very good young beasts coming in with Elijah Arroyo & Kahlil Brantley.

Arroryo is a special talent with 1st round upside, one of the most polished offensive weapons we’ve signed in years.
LCE,
Why don't we go after BIG TE's, like one that are 6'4"-6'6" and 240-250? Ours seem to always be in the 6'2" 235 range. Are they just too hard to find and get? Seems we should have a good shot at most TE since we are TE U.

Advertisement
LCE,
Why don't we go after BIG TE's, like one that are 6'4"-6'6" and 240-250? Ours seem to always be in the 6'2" 235 range. Are they just too hard to find and get? Seems we should have a good shot at most TE since we are TE U.

Mallory - 6'5 245; Dom - 6'4 235; Arroyo - 6'4 210 (in HS)

Advertisement
LCE,
Lavar Ball Smh GIF by ESPN

My bad fella's, should have looked at the height and weights of the current tight ends. Just seemed to me like we have gotten the 6'2" 235 type H Back for tight ends lately (Brevin, Herdon, etc.). I want the big SOB that is 6-6 250 and can catch, but doesn't everyone.
I will take the "L" on this question. Fvck!

Advertisement
My bad fella's, should have looked at the height and weights of the current tight ends. Just seemed to me like we have gotten the 6'2" 235 type H Back for tight ends lately (Brevin, Herdon, etc.). I want the big SOB that is 6-6 250 and can catch, but doesn't everyone.
Not to keep throwing L's your way but Herndon checked in at 6'4 253 at his pro day lol

The only one with those dimensions was Brevin....who is/was good enough to be an early entrant to the nfl draft and a top 3 te drafted likely

Advertisement
I’m sorry y’all cap if you don’t think he’d be the best TE here lol.... not that we need one and Arroyo will be that dude but it was a reason dude was a 5 star TE he’s a 6’5 matchup nightmare

He ain't going to UF once Mullen bolts to the NFL

If Meyer turns down J-Ville, I think they go for Mullen. Dude is a weirdo but he is a **** good play caller. NFL is a two hand touch league now like CFB, so it's all about offense. Mullet with Lawrence could be fun to watch.

As you said, I'd stay on the UF recruits (and transfers) as nothing will stop them from taking the bags and leaving once Mullen is out.

Last edited:
No comment on our TE room- other than we are fine without this kid.

That said this kid is an elite talent and in a functional offense with a real QB he will produce mega numbers. I really dont want him to be a ****.

Advertisement
Back