Arik Gilbert

for a while there (80s-early 2000s) it was the BEST producer of local music in the country. Lived in Athens on and off for 10 years including some years at UGA.. it is a great place for the most part.
Both of my kids attended UGA, my daughter graduated a couple of years ago and my son's a senior. Both have loved their experience.

Advertisement
Saw them at the Classic Center a few years back. Can't wait to get back and do it again. Saw My Morning Jacket at the Georgia Theater around then too.
Happened to work in a downtown restaurant in the early 2000s that panic would frequent. Todd's wife and Todd were in there a lot, one of Schools's best friends was a coworker friend of mine, so he was in there a bunch and i got to know him a bit....I got to see Mikey play his last show ever at the theatre (it was a a Bloodkin show)..but the craziest **** was one day working at the restaurant during lunch, came down to the bar to get some drinks for my table and who is sitting at the bar by themselves? JB, no one else there. he looked at my to say hello.. i couldn't really even get "hello" out. haha

Happened to work in a downtown restaurant in the early 2000s that panic would frequent. Todd's wife and Todd were in there a lot, one of Schools's best friends was a coworker friend of mine, so he was in there a bunch and i got to know him a bit....I got to see Mikey play his last show ever at the theatre (it was a a Bloodkin show)..but the craziest **** was one day working at the restaurant during lunch, came down to the bar to get some drinks for my table and who is sitting at the bar by themselves? JB, no one else there. he looked at my to say hello.. i couldn't really even get "hello" out. haha
I missed the classic theater a couple of times and regret it. Just finished 3 nights and some bloodkin up here 2 weekends back.

I missed the classic theater a couple of times and regret it. Just finished 3 nights and some bloodkin up here 2 weekends back.
oh and speaking of this bar/ restaurant that i worked at, Crumpy Edwards and Eric Carter of Bloodkin were regulars (like in there about 4 or 5 days a week). Great people. So sad about the recent Bloodkin news. The final album is sooooo good.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back