Argument against being the right fit at Miami

- He is not a fan of defense and there is too much talent locally that he'd likely get away on this side of the ball because he is convinced his offense is enough

What exactly does this mean?

Does it mean he won't recruit defensive players? He's not going to hire a defensive coordinator?

While Chip was at Oregon, his defense averaged 36 sacks and 33 takeaways.

The last time we had that many sacks was 2010. To find that many takeaways for Miami, you have to go back to 2003 when we had 31. And that was with SIX eventual first-round picks (Taylor, Wilfork, Vilma, D.J. Williams, Rolle, Jennings).

Kelly's defenses at Oregon were aggressive. They just didn't have the horses.

Nah, he doesn't care about D.

In yards per play his Ds were, 12th, 11th, 35th and 26th. Like you said they were built to pressure and cause TOs as well. Hardly horrible.

I'm convinced half this board, maybe more, have never watched his Oregon teams. Maybe they haven't watched a game outside Miami in over a decade.

Advertisement
Bobby petrino clone....buns sauce at Louisville now. A quitting coach with quitting mentality at miami? No way

Did Nick Saban quit on the Dolphins?

True i cant front this is true good point

lol at getting negged and admitting he got a point lol, then they say we make it personal. if he got hired chip it would be a show me defense kind of wait and will root for him, same with butch if he loses recruits imma go in on him too.

- He is not a fan of defense and there is too much talent locally that he'd likely get away on this side of the ball because he is convinced his offense is enough

What exactly does this mean?

Does it mean he won't recruit defensive players? He's not going to hire a defensive coordinator?

While Chip was at Oregon, his defense averaged 36 sacks and 33 takeaways.

The last time we had that many sacks was 2010. To find that many takeaways for Miami, you have to go back to 2003 when we had 31. And that was with SIX eventual first-round picks (Taylor, Wilfork, Vilma, D.J. Williams, Rolle, Jennings).

Kelly's defenses at Oregon were aggressive. They just didn't have the horses.

"does have the horses" starts and ends with recruiting which was in an earlier point of the OP that he never recruited at the highest level.

Also, let me be clear that I am not opposed to hiring Chip Kelly at Miami nor saying that he wouldn't work. The OP were just concerns I have with him, every candidate has concerns and those were mine with him.

Advertisement
Ball, your opinions are idiotic and you probably shouldn't talk to anyone, anymore, ever.

This group of idiots on butch davis's sack are unreal. How can a person of sound mind and body NOT think Chip Kelly is a good college coach? If his record in college is 46-7, how can he be anything but?

Did I mention pro-Butch once in my post? What Chip inherited at Oregon was not the rock bottom culture and depleted roster he would be at Miami. When he didn't have talent (this year in NFL) he is nothing spectacular.

The mindset of many players was crushed by the Golden Regime, but a fresh start with any number of coaches can solve that problem. Players who buy in stay. Players who don't, leave.

Depleted Roster? **** no. There are some deficiencies but the talent on this roster is good enough to win the ACC Coastal as is. The ultimate goal is much higher but the new coach does not have to rebuild from scratch.

Just hire top coach and staff.

only time will tell if its butch ir kelly or whomever, then we will find out. all this who dik is bigger contest means **** when we all fkin da same bytch. we all rooting for miami to win we just got different opinions people

Ball, your opinions are idiotic and you probably shouldn't talk to anyone, anymore, ever.

This group of idiots on butch davis's sack are unreal. How can a person of sound mind and body NOT think Chip Kelly is a good college coach? If his record in college is 46-7, how can he be anything but?

Did I mention pro-Butch once in my post? What Chip inherited at Oregon was not the rock bottom culture and depleted roster he would be at Miami. When he didn't have talent (this year in NFL) he is nothing spectacular.

The mindset of many players was crushed by the Golden Regime, but a fresh start with any number of coaches can solve that problem. Players who buy in stay. Players who don't, leave.

Depleted Roster? **** no. There are some deficiencies but the talent on this roster is good enough to win the ACC Coastal as is. The ultimate goal is much higher but the new coach does not have to rebuild from scratch.

Before Chip was hired as an OC at Oregon they went 7-6. It was uphill from there.

Advertisement

agreed for the most part with what you said especially the Golden regime part. the problem is I think the culture is a lot worse than we even think it is. the roster has some talent in places but the depth is what I was referring to which we don't have. the right staff will have their hands full but it is salvageable.

Golden was able to recruit here. ****** sorry *** Al, a career loser, but guys are convinced that Chip will have a hard time.

This place has gone full ******

Chip Kelly is bigger than south Florida HS coaches and if they pull the same crap Kelly will just recruit from other schools. Chip is a national guy and would kill it at Miami.

Advertisement
I don't know what everyone has against out scheming someone for the first time in over a decade.

Chip Kelly would have had Oregon in the playoff 2 out of the 4 years there. Belloti, who is a good coach in his own right, would have done it once in 15 years.

My mind is blown that people are attempting to discredit a legit elite college coach for any reason.

It's bc the people who want "recruiters" who can "bring in NFL guys" here want to:

A) get paid for their HS players
B) get paid again when those players get drafted early

None of these dudes gives a **** about our program, only their own self interests.

Advertisement
I would think he would hire a staff with at least some members familiar and connected in the area.

I brought up this point several days ago.

Potato Chip is going to have to retain some "recruiters" from this staph because he has near zero familiarity with south Florida. So, which corch(es)? Coley, Ice, bring in Mario?

Can Chip save the recruiting class with a late calendar hire? Has Chip given any thought at all, to our recruiting class? No one knows.

In contrast, I'll guarantee that Butch has it all thought out.

I'm not a chip supporter and I hate the butch fan club so I have a unbiased viewpoint. I can say This right here was a GREAT point not being talked about enough.

"does have the horses" starts and ends with recruiting which was in an earlier point of the OP that he never recruited at the highest level.

Eugene, Oregon is not south Florida.

Fair point but neither is Tuscaloosa

Yeah but Tuscaloosa is a blue program. I swear we have a dumb fan base.

yes we do. Chip had Oregon at an elite level and didn't land national stars as he could of. he sure did do a lot with the talent he had though

Gator Hater, Archer, Jagr and Sonny Long going toe to toe for dumbest ******* posters on this site.

"He didn't have the horses bc he cant recruit guyzm"

The school you are at has more to do with recruiting than your skill "recruiting". Location, brand, tradition, booster invlvement.

Look at Urban recruiting at Utah and Bowling Green, versus UF. Brian Kelly at Cincy versus ND. Saban at MSU versus Bama.

Can anyone explain why these coaches couldn't land elite 5 stars until they went to the major brand schools? Chip Kelly here is a top 5 class every year.

Advertisement
Back