Argument against being the right fit at Miami

Wait so after 10 years of horror, we still have people who think recruiting is our problem? That are concerned with the feelings of some scumbag GED holding high school corches?

HAVE WE LEARNED NOTHING???

Advertisement
We got too many guys trying to reinvent the wheel around here. Everyone wants to be the genius who invents some new goofy theory. Paralysis through over-analysis.

As soon as I saw balls91 quoting Sonny Dong I knew this was going to be a disaster. These are the same nincompoops who wouldn't have hired Saban for a college gig after he flamed out in Miami. They said all the same **** about Saban at Miami that these goofballs are now saying about Chip at Philly.

Our dear friend Sonny Long touched on this a couple days ago and was negged to oblivion. We heard the reports this week from an Eagles players agent that "Chip had lost the locker room and the guys have tuned him out". It's hard to disagree with that witnessing what we did in Detroit. The Eagles look like our Hurricanes against Clemson where they quit on their coach with their lack of effort, body language and attitude.

Here are some concerns with Chip to Miami:

- His arrogance and ego would not sit well with local High School Coaches in the South Florida culture
- He nor his staff have never been known to be great recruiters.
- His belief in "his system" trumps the need for actual talent which he has proven with the Eagles. When he had talent he went 10-6, when he was given control the team quit on him and they are a grease fire.
- Doubtful that this nightmare season will humble him as he knows someone will always hire him and has never made a comment that he is taking ownership of this teams flaws.
- He is not a fan of defense and there is too much talent locally that he'd likely get away on this side of the ball because he is convinced his offense is enough

Could go on and not saying that he wouldn't work, just stating some arguments against him. The majority of his mistakes in NFL have come as a GM not a coach so that is something to keep in mind. His offense could work wonders down here with all of the speed and skill and he clearly has a successful record in college at a non traditional powerhouse. The concerns above are similar to Golden's with rubbing the coaches the wrong way and being so invested in his system. No, I am NOT comparing Chip Kelly to Al Golden just saying that he has his fair share of concerns.

sonny long was negged to oblivion because he's a ******* ******.

Wait so after 10 years of horror, we still have people who think recruiting is our problem? That are concerned with the feelings of some scumbag GED holding high school corches?

You're asking guys sick with cult indoctrination to learn and to think. It's never going to happen.

Advertisement
Our dear friend Sonny Long touched on this a couple days ago and was negged to oblivion. We heard the reports this week from an Eagles players agent that "Chip had lost the locker room and the guys have tuned him out". It's hard to disagree with that witnessing what we did in Detroit. The Eagles look like our Hurricanes against Clemson where they quit on their coach with their lack of effort, body language and attitude.

Here are some concerns with Chip to Miami:

- His arrogance and ego would not sit well with local High School Coaches in the South Florida culture
- He nor his staff have never been known to be great recruiters.
- His belief in "his system" trumps the need for actual talent which he has proven with the Eagles. When he had talent he went 10-6, when he was given control the team quit on him and they are a grease fire.
- Doubtful that this nightmare season will humble him as he knows someone will always hire him and has never made a comment that he is taking ownership of this teams flaws.
- He is not a fan of defense and there is too much talent locally that he'd likely get away on this side of the ball because he is convinced his offense is enough

Could go on and not saying that he wouldn't work, just stating some arguments against him. The majority of his mistakes in NFL have come as a GM not a coach so that is something to keep in mind. His offense could work wonders down here with all of the speed and skill and he clearly has a successful record in college at a non traditional powerhouse. The concerns above are similar to Golden's with rubbing the coaches the wrong way and being so invested in his system. No, I am NOT comparing Chip Kelly to Al Golden just saying that he has his fair share of concerns.

sonny long was negged to oblivion because he's a ******* ******.

balls913 should face a similar fate for this abortion.

Ball, your opinions are idiotic and you probably shouldn't talk to anyone, anymore, ever.

This group of idiots on butch davis's sack are unreal. How can a person of sound mind and body NOT think Chip Kelly is a good college coach? If his record in college is 46-7, how can he be anything but?

Anyone noticed how the people who want a "recruiter" all seem to be individuals with really poor grammar, spelling, and overall poor IQs?

The same characteristics that South Florida HS corches display? Coincidence?

It seems like the common theme is these losers want someone whose great skill is dropping off bags of cash.

Recruiting is a problem. This team lacks talent and depth.

Advertisement
Ball, your opinions are idiotic and you probably shouldn't talk to anyone, anymore, ever.

This group of idiots on butch davis's sack are unreal. How can a person of sound mind and body NOT think Chip Kelly is a good college coach? If his record in college is 46-7, how can he be anything but?

Did I mention pro-Butch once in my post? What Chip inherited at Oregon was not the rock bottom culture and depleted roster he would be at Miami. When he didn't have talent (this year in NFL) he is nothing spectacular.

What exactly does this mean?

Does it mean he won't recruit defensive players? He's not going to hire a defensive coordinator?

While Chip was at Oregon, his defense averaged 36 sacks and 33 takeaways.

The last time we had that many sacks was 2010. To find that many takeaways for Miami, you have to go back to 2003 when we had 31. And that was with SIX eventual first-round picks (Taylor, Wilfork, Vilma, D.J. Williams, Rolle, Jennings).

Kelly's defenses at Oregon were aggressive. They just didn't have the horses.

Did I read this right? When he had talent he went 10-6 is a negative?
The man was an ace coach in college and won 10 games in the NFL before he fell apart in the league. Hysterically how winning 10 games and having talent is now somehow a bulletin point against us hiring him, ******* bizarro world.

Anyone noticed how the people who want a "recruiter" all seem to be individuals with really poor grammar, spelling, and overall poor IQs?

It seems like the common theme is these losers want someone whose great skill is dropping off bags of cash.

You mean Les Miles at LSU?

Advertisement

Did I mention pro-Butch once in my post?
What Chip inherited at Oregon was not the rock bottom culture and depleted roster he would be at Miami. When he didn't have talent (this year in NFL) he is nothing spectacular.

Who's your top pick for coach?

I don't know what everyone has against out scheming someone for the first time in over a decade.

Chip Kelly would have had Oregon in the playoff 2 out of the 4 years there. Belloti, who is a good coach in his own right, would have done it once in 15 years.

My mind is blown that people are attempting to discredit a legit elite college coach for any reason.

Did I mention pro-Butch once in my post? What Chip inherited at Oregon was not the rock bottom culture and depleted roster he would be at Miami. When he didn't have talent (this year in NFL) he is nothing spectacular.

I directed what I had to say to you, ball, by saying Ball- and then what I had to say. Then I addressed the butchmob. Stop porsting.

Advertisement

Cults are populated predominantly by low IQ people. That's a fact. They can't think on their own, so they parrot stupid mantras that make sense to them and provide comfort to their scrambled chaotic minds.

Look at the Coach Koresh's cult. As you so adeptly pointed out, they are mostly low IQ guys who think UM needs a "recruiter" and not a great football coach.

I've stayed similar concerns in other posts. I don't want chip or his popcorn offense.I would support him if hired but we all know that's not happening. All these threads for a.coach that will never coach here

Got to agree, we need a great FOOTBALL coach, college coaching and NFL coaching are two different things. You get Saban in the NFL and his way didn't work with a lot of those players, you take Pete Carroll and he fails in the NFL comes back to college and builds a powerhouse then goes back knowing the difference and is successful. Look at harbaugh tho, successful in college and in the NFL just couldn't get things right with the management comes back to college and is building great things at Michigan before eventually going back ( maybe).
Same things can be done with Chip and/or Pagano/ Chud.. Ect...
Butch has been to both and finally got successful in college at Miami and started to at UNC he will not be going back to the NFL ever ( getting up there in age, NFL players make comparable salaries to coach's )
Just my .02, no real factual data to back my theories. Rambling on the interwebz after a lot of food and plenty of drinks..lol

You lost me for soooo many reasons when you started with this concern:

"- His arrogance and ego would not sit well with local High School Coaches in the South Florida culture"

SFLA HS coaches are some of the most "look at me" guys in the high school coaching business. They know they have the talent that everyone wants and needs and therefore have elevated themselves onto a pedestal. Chip Kelly does not come across and could be wrong that does not have time for this "non sense". He appears to have to be the biggest guy in the room which is ego driven. I just think that it would rub the high school coaches the wrong way. ****, they might embrace the name Chip Kelly and send every kid to Miami because of what he did at Oregon. Who knows

Advertisement
Back