• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
Everyone keeps throwing out the word "talent".... "this team is talented"

Am I missing something?

One of the worst OL in the nation last season
Subpar receiving core with more key drops than key plays
Secondary that made more mistakes than positive plays last season
replacing two 4 year starters at backer with kids who have played less than 100 snaps
horrendous special teams (until proven otherwise with the fiu kid)
As mediocre of a coaching staff on the defensive side of the ball as you will find in power 5
Manny Diaz as your head coach (first team to lose 3 times as 14 point favorite, FIU, LA Tech, Lost every game after a bye week or multiple weeks before games)

Talented players:
Rosseau
Roche
King
Jordan (can't stay healthy)
Hall
FIU Kicker?

Advertisement
I don't see why we would be favorites against anyone but Wake Forest. We're on par with all of those schools
Pitt is a home game. We are likely to be favored.

F$U is a toss up. But, again, we are likely to be a slight favorite at home.

VT, UVA, MSU likely a slight dog.

Our roster has significantly more talent in the aggregate than UVA, VT, Wake Forest. The issue is that our offensive line is atrocious, and that's a massive matchup loss vs. their DL. The problem will not disappear magically, even if King, the frosh RBs, and healthy TEs alleviate it somewhat.

I thought Wake and Virginia lost all their stud players due to graduation. VT lost guys too I believe but they have that qb who lit us up last year. Michigan State will be a tough game on the road, doesn't matter if their program is a ****show right now also.

I thought Wake and Virginia lost all their stud players due to graduation. VT lost guys too I believe but they have that qb who lit us up last year. Michigan State will be a tough game on the road, doesn't matter if their program is a ****show right now also.
UVA loses a lot and VT is a highly uneven roster. But they are road games and that means a lot for Vegas lines.

Advertisement
UVA loses a lot and VT is a highly uneven roster. But they are road games and that means a lot for Vegas lines.
It's the same **** every year. We will have more talent than the other team and be favored in every game except a game or two and probably go 8-4. I hate that I have to think that way but it happens every single year.

Happy? No.

But I'll take it. With a Bowl game, it puts you in position to get double digits.

Remember who our coach is guys. I'm just looking for improvement at this point.

Only possible way to be happy about 9-3 would be if the first three games were the losses . . . Even then, I don't think I'd call it, "Happy."

10 games at minimum and a dog fight vs Clemson for the ACC. Anything less than that is a failure and a new a Coach would be needed.
common man... we just got:

a proven, genius new OC
a proven, men‘s leader and one of country best QB
a proven, reliable kicker
a very good OL coach with OC experience
a very good and respectable WR coach with OC experience
a winner, culture changer, legend on Ed Reed - yes he could be a huge factor by just being there
a projected 1st rounder DE transfer
former nation #1 overall recruit DE to play
Bubba back Along Gurvan to lock the back field
best freshman class to be in the last 10/15 years

10 plus = success

Advertisement
Funny how some of the Nat'l champ or bust guys are the run and hide from the kung flu types. These guys are the Incredible Hulks of their dining room...

Advertisement

Idk we have way to many Questions marks on this team. We always have a bad Oline which effects are QBs,RBs and WRs.. Were going to have a good pass Rush like always but whenever they go against a quality running team we will get gashed. Our LBs and Secondary is a big question mark. The only unit I feel comfortable about is the pass Rush. Everything else is a big question mark. I would say going 9-3 would be a very solid season for us to build on. He if we can consistently go 9-3 or 10-2 every year and constantly win the costal, I would be perfectly fine with that. This fan base just expects to much from this team.

10 games at minimum and a dog fight vs Clemson for the ACC. Anything less than that is a failure and a new a Coach would be needed.
common man... we just got:

a proven, genius new OC
a proven, men‘s leader and one of country best QB
a proven, reliable kicker
a very good OL coach with OC experience
a very good and respectable WR coach with OC experience
a winner, culture changer, legend on Ed Reed - yes he could be a huge factor by just being there
a projected 1st rounder DE transfer
former nation #1 overall recruit DE to play
Bubba back Along Gurvan to lock the back field
best freshman class to be in the last 10/15 years

10 plus = success
So either have our best season in 15 years or it's a failure?? Anything less then 8-4 is a failure honestly. That's the over under I would put for this team. If we win 8 then Manny did his job. If we win less then Manny is likely fired. Anything 9 wins or better is big success

Advertisement
Back