Are we taking to many Commitments this early?

That has nothing to do with the topic though. The question was about the number of commits - and all of the top schools have 18-22 minimum. The early signing period has bumped everything up and kids are taking OVs earlier than ever.

Let's not turn this into another "we have too many three stars" thread. Regardless of what your opinion on the quality of our commits is, we are employing the same strategy as all top schools.

So no, we do not have too many commits for 2020.

The guy pretty clearly states "what happens if a bunch of high 4s and 5 stars come in later". No one would be upset with 22 5 stars committed to us.

We are not employing the same strategy as top schools. No top school is allowing 10 3 stars commit to them this early on.

Advertisement
Read the recruiting rankings so I can see how many blue chips are in certain teams classes.
Guess what, dude. I think a lot of our non-blue chips are really blue chips.

I've been reading this recruiting trash for years, perhaps since about 1985.

It's somewhat more accurate these days but not that much more accurate. I'll go with our coaches' evaluations.

Guess what, dude. I think a lot of our non-blue chips are really blue chips.

I've been reading this recruiting trash for years, perhaps since about 1985.

It's somewhat more accurate these days but not that much more accurate. I'll go with our coaches' evaluations.

It is a lot more accurate than it was in 1985. Even 10 years ago only 25-30% of 5 stars made NFL rosters. Now it is over 90%.

The fact that you, a random internet poster, thinks that a player deserves to be a blue chip is not what people mean when they say a kid is a blue chip. There are tons of unrated players that have parents that think their kids should be blue chips.

Advertisement
It is a lot more accurate than it was in 1985. Even 10 years ago only 25-30% of 5 stars made NFL rosters. Now it is over 90%.

The fact that you, a random internet poster, thinks that a player deserves to be a blue chip is not what people mean when they say a kid is a blue chip. There are tons of unrated players that have parents that think their kids should be blue chips.
No. I base it on what a coach doing the recruiting thinks. I have no opinion because I am not an expert.

This is Manny’s response to the “Left holding our **** problem” that plagued Richt.

We have depth issues across the board, safety, CB, LB, OL, RB. We didn’t take any Plan B/C guys (which is going to happen no matter what) because we were too busy getting jerked around by the SF Bagaloons. And by the time we circled back around they told us to go **** ourselves.

So if we’re lucky enough to have a bunch of 4-5 star guys want to jump on board in November/December then that’s a good problem to have because you process out the lower guys. And if those 4-5 star guys don’t want in, guess what? We still have a full of class and can build our roster to what a P5 should look like.

So I guess every p5 player and every kid that plays for a decent G5 team is a blue chip since all those coaches are "good" at evaluating players.
You’re the lazy moron who takes one look at a kids, star rating, doesn’t watch a lick of film and complains that we don’t have enough ‘Blue Chippers’. There are a ton of posters like you on CaneSport. Why don’t you do us all a favor and take the $9.99 per month and go annoy people there.

Advertisement
Okay then let me put it this way for you... what happens if you loose 4-5 games this season and then cant land the 4 or 5 stars that you seem to believe we have a chance with but you already told those 5 kids you mentioned that they dont have a spot and they have already signed somewhere on early signing day? Oh I know, you get a class of 15 kids and have to fill the rest 10 spots with transfers...

You’re the lazy moron who takes one look at a kids, star rating, doesn’t watch a lick of film and complains that we don’t have enough ‘Blue Chippers’. There are a ton of posters like you on CaneSport. Why don’t you do us all a favor and take the $9.99 per month and go annoy people there.

There are a ton of posters on here too that agree with me. You were the one whining about Coach L all off season and gassing up Richt. You are 0-2 right now so you may want to stay out of this.

Every P5 coach worth anything would process their own sin if it meant bringing in a 5 star. This is a non issue

What makes you think they 1. wont have any decommitments? 2. wont be able to make room for guys like Flowe and Washington, if by some chance they want in?

Even Richt processed recruits. There isnt a single P5 coach that doesnt nowadays

This, if a kid doesn’t live up to what the school thought they come to a mutual understanding that it would be in their best interest to find a new school.

Advertisement
We are not employing the same strategy as top schools. No top school is allowing 10 3 stars commit to them this early on.

According to Rivals, in the 2020 class OSU (#3) has 9 three-stars committed; Michigan has 9 (#6), Notre Dame has 6 (#7), and UF has 8 (#8).

Last year, 7 out of the top 10 classes had 10+ three stars in their respective classes. Those teams? LSU, Texas, A&M, Oregon, Florida, Michigan, and the consensus national champion Clemson, who took a whopping 16 (!!!) three stars. And timing-wise, 13 of those three-star commits committed before the season started last year.

We are doing the same thing that other top schools are doing.

According to Rivals, in the 2020 class OSU (#3) has 9 three-stars committed; Michigan has 9 (#6), Notre Dame has 6 (#7), and UF has 8 (#8).

Last year, 7 out of the top 10 classes had 10+ three stars in their respective classes. Those teams? LSU, Texas, A&M, Oregon, Florida, Michigan, and the consensus national champion Clemson, who took a whopping 16 (!!!) three stars. And timing-wise, 13 of those three-star commits committed before the season started last year.

We are doing the same thing that other top schools are doing.

Using current rankings is a useless stat because that is the whole point of this debate. All these teams are getting inflated rankings with all the 3 stars. Look at Clemsons class now that they are getting respect for winning the NC. Only 4 3 stars in this class. We are not doing what the other top schools are doing. We are doing what teams like UNC are doing.

Using current rankings is a useless stat because that is the whole point of this debate. All these teams are getting inflated rankings with all the 3 stars. Look at Clemsons class now that they are getting respect for winning the NC. Only 4 3 stars in this class. We are not doing what the other top schools are doing. We are doing what teams like UNC are doing.

Uhhhh...what? The whole point of this debate is whether "Miami is taking too many three stars." Yet top schools take LOTS of three star commits, including Clemson, who took 16 last year (the same year they went 12-1 during the regular season and made the playoffs). 13 of those commits had committed before the season.

You need to build the roster from the bottom up. That's exactly what Diaz is doing.

Advertisement
Uhhhh...what? The whole point of this debate is whether "Miami is taking too many three stars." Yet top schools take LOTS of three star commits, including Clemson, who took 16 last year (the same year they went 12-1 during the regular season and made the playoffs). 13 of those commits had committed before the season.

You need to build the roster from the bottom up. That's exactly what Diaz is doing.

And what is Clemson doing now that they are the new face of college football? Barely taking any 3 stars. Teams take 3 stars when they have no other option.

How many kids can we take in a class? No one seems to know the answer

No one ever truly knows and somehow it works out every year. We aren’t at 85. The rules says you can’t bring in more than 25. So the answer is technically 25 unless we can’t back count some EE to last year. I’m not going to do the research for all that. Simple guess would be around 25-27. We don’t have a lot of seniors leaving after this year so we will be processing a few RS JR out and also pushing some others guys out after the year is over to be at the 85 limit.

Bruh

Speaking of recruiting I just looked at the top rated kids for the 20 class on 247.

Bruh is Clemson really about to land the top 4 players in the country? Thats never happened before lmao. And they all on defense. That’s some wild ****.

Attachments

• 3CFD3CAC-DFAC-4510-835B-9E70D6767179.jpeg
    3CFD3CAC-DFAC-4510-835B-9E70D6767179.jpeg
    604.9 KB · Views: 31
Advertisement
Back