Are we taking to many Commitments this early?

Advertisement
we are taking a BIG class and some kids might be pushed out.
Have heard 27, But I really don't see any one being pushed out yet. Some have speculated Riggins. I'd say not. First watch his spring game highlights. He is built like an SEC West DT. He seems to have an instinct for where the ball is, fast for a DT and has a great motor. Chases every outside play. Anytime a DT makes a tackle near the sideline it says a lot about them. Plus Stroud went to Lakewood. If he was going to be processed, I think we would have already said so. Actually think we might be concerned in a couple months because Bama, LSU, UGA and Clemson are trying to recruit him.

I'm guessing you guys don't get my point... We have taken a lot of lower tier guys this class. Obviously the high end prospects get a spot. What I'm referring to is the lower tier guys we allowed to commit.

Advertisement
I'm guessing you guys don't get my point... We have taken a lot of lower tier guys this class. Obviously the high end prospects get a spot. What I'm referring to is the lower tier guys we allowed to commit.

That’s where the projections come into play. Example, Chris Washington seems like a low tier project right now at 6-7 260 with athletic ability. If he puts on some weight and starts mauling people, we start in first place when his recruitment blows up. If it turns out he regresses, we drop him and no harm no foul.

Advertisement
We have 22 commitments. We may take up to 27, I’d guess, given early entries.

We prolly have a handful of guys who could lose a spot if they don’t progress as expected as seniors. And we have some other guys who are still being recruited by competitors and could change their minds. So between open spots, potential drops and potential flips, there is more than enough reason to keep recruiting top kids and to expect some changes over the course of the season.

Priorities:

O: Another RB, TE, WR + Walker, Denis on OL
D: Another LB, 1-2 DBs

Total numbers:

Offense: QB, 1-2 RBs, 3-4 WRs, 1-2TEs, 5 OL = 12-13
Defense: 6 DL, 3-4 LBs, 5-6 DBs = 14-15

You really don't think they wouldn't politely tell a kid to move on if there's a better option down the road that wants in? Nothing is binding til that LOI. At LEAST at this point they've evaluated everyone we have and deem them worthy of a roster spot. Whether anyone else thinks so is irrelevant really (but open for discussion obviously as this is a football forum).

What would be more concerning is if they were signing imbalanced classes but this isn't the case.

We certainly won't be stuck with our ****s in our hand right before signing day taking kids like Delmar Taylor.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Are

Bama is also loaded with high end 4 and 5 star recruits. We have like 6 or 7 low tier 3 star recruits.
you bipolar?

So, if we have a good season, some of the lower guys get pushed out for more highly regarded prospects. If we have a rough season, at least we’ve already got some players that our coaches like locked up.

Why are people over thinking this?

Bama has won 5 championships in the last ten years. They have about as many losses in the last five years as we did last year alone. IJS, this may not be a reasonable expectation to match Baga’s recruiting right this moment.

It isn't. However, the other guy was the one that compared them. He said "bama isn't upset about having 18 kids committed". Of course they aren't their class is loaded with blue chips.

Advertisement
Back