Are we taking to many Commitments this early?

Do you think we're taking to many commitment this early? We're up to 22 and will likely be 23 next week if Johnathan Dennis got the green light to commit. What happens if we have a big season and high end 4 and 5 star guys become interested and we do not have enough room? I don't think Diaz is the type of person to pull an offer from one of the lower ranked guys.
Go sit in the corner.

Advertisement
They are good players, we should be glad to get them

Attachments

• IMG_2607.PNG
    IMG_2607.PNG
    38.7 KB · Views: 1
Short of winning the NC, it’s not like all of sudden in Jan we will have 5 5 stars trying to commit. Doesn’t work like that. Could a Flowe and Washington want to come? Sure. We’re already on them and would take them. It’s not like 3 more 5 stars are just going to emerge that weren’t considering us and want to sign.

We win 10 games and put up a fight against Clemson....and the flood gates are going to open. Kids and their parents are and have been (for the last decade) looking for a reason for the kids to stay in town. We've done a **** poor job giving them that reason. Do what I said in the first sentence and watch how magically things change.

For the record, I have zero doubt Manny will even hesitate to start letting some lower ranked kids go if higher end talent wants to commit. Manny is smart enough to know that the level he wants to get to doesn't include pizza, ice cream, or participation awards.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If you feel the guys can play here, would recruit them regardless of your record here, and are not confident you will get others......you take the commitments. Otherwise you're left holding an empty bag, just like last year, because they will go elsewhere. We had a ton of early commits 2 years ago that worked out well.

You just don't take early commitments for guys who don't belong. That will only lead to cutting them lose later and possibly upsetting the local coaches/players.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Do you think we're taking to many commitment this early? We're up to 22 and will likely be 23 next week if Johnathan Dennis got the green light to commit. What happens if we have a big season and high end 4 and 5 star guys become interested and we do not have enough room? I don't think Diaz is the type of person to pull an offer from one of the lower ranked guys.

Bama also has 18 blue chips. We have 8.

That has nothing to do with the topic though. The question was about the number of commits - and all of the top schools have 18-22 minimum. The early signing period has bumped everything up and kids are taking OVs earlier than ever.

Let's not turn this into another "we have too many three stars" thread. Regardless of what your opinion on the quality of our commits is, we are employing the same strategy as all top schools.

So no, we do not have too many commits for 2020.

Advertisement
Back